Trade for Andy Dalton

blueblood70

Reaction score
We did have that insurance and couldnt win squat.
umm if you are trying to compare that 3rd string team dalton played with ie 3rd string offense and no defense and terrible year of bad play calls etc ..he never had chance he also got c19 and also got that dirty hit a nd concussion.

man some of you are clueless

i aid with this current team dalton can win games hes got solid winning record and been to 3-4 playoff games as qb..Our team is better then anything he was given most of those year s..hes good qb and can drive bus if it has players//

we had NO PLAYERS
we did just lose dak we lost 17 starters plus dak

some of you didn't watch last year and its evident you've jumped back on the bandwagon bring that nonsense in here.

dak himself struggled to win 2 games last year with that mess before his injury and it got worse after he went down

dalton was supposed to be insurance to what, a train wreck!!??

clueless white noise.

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
I wouldn’t mind Andy Dalton as a back up but I’m not sure I’d trade for him. I’m not sure what to expect from Rush either, but I’d hope he could drive the bus and not steer it into a ditch for one or two games.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Garrett will be fired from the giants soon enough .

We can call him back, so that Kellen has his teacher back .

And fire MM , since Kellen does everything and more .

QB2 is a non-issue for a genius guru protege like Kellen . Thank you , but no. We got the ultimate head coach of all time , GOAT Kellen Moore.

:rolleyes:

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
I wasn't using last year to make any point... Let's look at Garrett's last year in 2019. What did the offensive line look like then? Last year's was just as bad. I'm only talking about the line. I won't even get into how the overall offense did in 2019. I know some of the players didn't want Dalton on the team. Maybe that could be why they didn't protect him. Remember when he got knocked out? Who rushed to his aid? Nobody...

Now that they actually had a training camp under MM, I see a huge difference in how the offense plays. I think if Dalton was to come back, I honestly think he'd be treated better than last year...
Whoa, whoa, whoa..

Some players last year didn’t want Dalton on the team?

I don’t remember hearing that. I suppose I could see how someone could abduce or infer that conclusion based on the WFT game, but that’s a hell of a leap. Was there chatter that there were players on the team that didn’t like Andy?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We did have that insurance and couldnt win squat.
We didnt; win SQUAT with our starter. Not hating just facts.

In fact we sucked so bad ...is why our starter got forked in the first place. You don't see him trying to that NOW....'cause he doesn't have to.

Almost EVERYONE is way better this year.....even 9. Why do you think Andy would be so much different? Such pure hate...is unbecoming.

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
We didnt; win SQUAT with our starter. Not hating just facts.

In fact we sucked so bad ...is why our starter got forked in the first place. You don't see him trying to that NOW....'cause he doesn't have to.

Almost EVERYONE is way better this year.....even 9. Why do you think Andy would be so much different? Such pure hate...is unbecoming.
I think Andy would be a hell of a backup here. Kind of wish we had enticed him to stay but he wanted that starting gig again.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
umm if you are trying to compare that 3rd string team dalton played with ie 3rd string offense and no defense and terrible year of bad play calls etc ..he never had chance he also got c19 and also got that dirty hit a nd concussion.

i aid with this current team dalton can win games hes got solid winning record and been to 3-4 playoff games as qb..Our team is better then anything he was given most of those year s..hes good qb and can drive bus if it has players//

we had NO PLAYERS

some of you didn't watch last year and its evident you've jumped back on the bandwagon bring that nonsense in here.

dak himself struggled to win 2 games last year with that mess before his injury and it got worse after he went down

clueless white noise.
its so true, we had so many injuries last year Dak was just 1

Loso86

Reaction score
I know the word is there is little concern about Dak's calf strain according to the owners and Dak himself, but calf strains do take time to heal and can easily light up again if the player returns to early from recovering.

Since Dak's mobility is an important part of his game I feel like there is risk in bringing Dak back against the Vikings and usually it takes even a week or 2 after that for a player to be in the clear from reinjuring the calf.

Which is why I feel like we need to upgrade the QB2 position. It seems best to play it safe and keep Dak out at least 1 week after the bye, if not 2. And even if Dak is good to go against Minnesota, I think it's still a good idea to trade for a legit back up. Dak plays a physical game and there are still 11 games left in the regular season. Plus Dallas are serious contenders for the #1 seed and a 1st round bye. Having Cooper Rush potentially start any game puts this team at a disadvantage and could lead to losses in games he might start.

With the trade deadline coming up next week, Andy Dalton is a good trade candidate and the Bears should be looking to sell. They've clearly committed to Fields and have no 1st round pick next season or 4th rounder after trading with the Giants to take their QB.

I say, why not send a 4th rounder to Chicago to get Dalton and insurance at back up QB. Dalton is familiar with the playbook and played decent in Dallas last year considering the oline he had protecting him.

This team should be all in for a Superbowl run.

Bring Andy Dalton back to Dallas.
Forget him maybe for folks, or just try and bring in Cam. Not giving anything up when he could've just stayed here to begin with

lostar2009

Reaction score

we had NO PLAYERS

clueless white noise.

Do you actually think Andy couldve beat NE? Dude cant hold his weight with the Bears. Im tired you of guys thinking anyone can be inserted and win. Lets face the facts if it isnt Dak we will struggle to win or we will not win.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I agree.

It was too complicated for Dalton too.
too complicated for Dalton with a bunch of Olineman out for the season.

Lets face it... if Dak goes down for the season, we are done, no matter what BACKUP you bring in or acquire. BUT if Dak were to miss 3-4 games, Id be just fine with Dalton running things. I actually like Cooper, but we simply have no clue what he would be like, because he NEVER gets any playing time in a real game. So he is very unknown.

Dalton is behind that Rookie because the pressure was too great for their coach to stand firm on Dalton. But even then, the bears have great skill players for him to use????

JustChip

Reaction score
Well, he did say the Knicks, but you're right, Kirk Gibson works too. What a great baseball moment that was!
Yep. Another, albeit a different sport, was Tiger at Torrey Pines.

It’s a shame the players of yesteryears didn’t have the medical technology of today. Gale Sayers would’ve been even more amazing.