Trade for Andy Dalton

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Will Grier has a horrible throwing motion. He's no better than Ben DiNucci. I don't see either one of those guys being a viable backup. Cooper Rush has been here awhile and I trust him the most of all.

So if we were to make a trade for a backup I'd rather Foles over Dalton. Because Dalton's skills have deminished to the point where he's bearly better than Rush.

That's just my opinion and opinions vary. I not looking for anyone to agree with my opinion, I'm just sharing my thoughts.

uvaballa

Reaction score
If Dak is that bad I’m bringing in Cam and letting Moore trick this thing up to a power running RPO football team. He would be cheap and would score a lot of TD’s running the football. Just enough to keep it afloat for a week or so.
Yeah Cam makes the most sense to me. You don’t have to give up anything and he wouldn’t cost much at all. Let Moore scheme home done things to use his strengths.

I’m surprised no one thought out Romo lol.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'd take Andy Dalton back in a heartbeat, in exchange for Cooper Rush.
I would only hope he's, finally, learned a lesson about leaving us! :grin:

I'll be curious to see how well Will Grier progresses as a future backup.

I think he has decent possibilities but mainly, as a backup, not a starter.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
That isn;t what you said. YOU....said... "didn't win squat"....with Andy..... is what you said.

You might have to go back and read it for yourself.

I told you we didn't "win squat" with Dak ...the truth....and you went bug fruk ballistic.

Have a great night.
we were 2-3 with Dak having played against three playoff teams. although we lost to all three due to this craapy defense we had, we went to the last few seconds of the game...yeah, no consolation prize, but we were competitive. We had a chance.......with Andy we were not competitive against any playoff team...in fact game was over before the half....we had no chance......AZ, WFT, Ravens...we got blown out with zero chance of winning.

Andy did win 3 games at the end of the year, agaisnt three highly injured teams, playing their back up QBs, with help from defense giving him 9 turnovers and a score.....he lost to the lowly giants when it mattered. choking in the end.

lets not get overly passionate about Andy. at this point in his career he is barely good enough for back up duty.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Yeah Cam makes the most sense to me. You don’t have to give up anything and he wouldn’t cost much at all. Let Moore scheme home done things to use his strengths.

I’m surprised no one thought out Romo lol.
Cam has strengths at this point? I like to know

blueblood70

Reaction score
Third string? He had Williams, biadasaz and martin. Yes missing smith. But Smith played 1.5 games.

Zeke played. Pollard played. Cooper, CD, Gallup Wilson schtz played.

So this third string stuff doesn't wash
biadsz(didn't finish the season) and martin were also gone many games maybe you just hit your head and forgot they used 11 that's ELEVEN different groupings on the OL and many were street FA and practice squad guys they were terrible at times..they never had a fulltime starting OL for Dalton..seriously stop being one of those guys who truly believe dalton had fair shake..CWill was THE ONLY OL that didn't miss a game..and hes our worst OL this year, got it??

Mahomes was missing only 2 OL and looked horrible at times running for his life..
the OL this year is the biggest different in our success add defense etc etc its not just Dak

Dak struggled to win last year and you expected dalton as players dropped like flies game to games..they missed far more games then you remember,.but go ahead CHOOSE TO BE THAST GUY..try and downplay the horrible team we fielded last season dalton played with..zeke even missed games inured, recovering from cword, had some critical fumbles.it was a straight mess.
it was bad deal for any qb and dak wouldn't have faired much better because the team each week lost more and more players all over the team Diggs, wilson , all the Fas were cut or traded , i mean 17 different starters were out games or out for the season..

right Dalton it was him.. all him he should have won 10 games and went to the playoffs!! :lmao2::rolleyes::eek::popcorn:

blueblood70

Reaction score
And Dalton got benched for a rookie QB.

He went to five playoffs and got.blownmout and had some of his absolute worst performances.

Is he an OK back up? Yes. But if we have to go to playoffs with him, I rather tank and get a high draft pick
no he git hurt and they rolled with rookie because their OL is trash and the more mobile qb got the nod..get over it we are talking about a backup and oMG Poor dak we dont want anypobdy behid him that can at leats have cnace to wingame , all the threat alerts come up ..so me of you are truly clueless..

no tanking!! what a tool losing dak does Not lose a season see Philly and foles we have a great team and while dak makes us more explosible and better hes not the entire team.

with ours OL, 2 headed run game, 5 receiving threats and defense getting TOs plus better coachin we ahve shot to stay the course while toiugher withoiut dak we can win games without him..if you dotn think so you are still livingin the past..

YOU WANT TO TANK should we lose dak for the season!!
IGNORANCE Is Bliss

this team is playing great the coaches have beem great , you dotn fold the tents up if the star qb goes down..man some real DA in here..

we are 5-2 yes dak inured and lest tank wow!!:laugh:

bottom line Daltons better then rush or grier and we need a better backup..

DRella

Reaction score
If we could bring back Dalton I would. Remember that he played behind a beat up offensive line last season. Running game was close to non-existent in most games playing from behind.

I truly believe we need to safe guard ourselves in the event of an injury to Dak. Dalton knows the offence and knows the players. Would be ideal.

Cydios

Reaction score
The issue with Dalton is not where he can play, but I don't think the team respected him. I'm not sure why or why not, but I say don't rock the boat. I'd rather have Cam then Dalton.. yup I said it.

blueblood70

Reaction score
And Dalton got benched for a rookie QB.

He went to five playoffs and got.blownmout and had some of his absolute worst performances.

Is he an OK back up? Yes. But if we have to go to playoffs with him, I rather tank and get a high draft pick
BTW since that move the bears are averaging 16points game with 117 yards per game on offense..GREAT Point you tried to make but fell short..they made the move because AD got hurt the OL sucked and Fields can run and move within a bad OL..be smarter in your responses. That was horrible point on the anti Dalton sentiments..

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
biadsz(didn't finish the season) and martin were also gone many games maybe you just hit your head and forgot they used 11 that's ELEVEN different groupings on the OL and many were street FA and practice squad guys they were terrible at times..they never had a fulltime starting OL for Dalton..seriously stop being one of those guys who truly believe dalton had fair shake..CWill was THE ONLY OL that didn't miss a game..and hes our worst OL this year, got it??

Mahomes was missing only 2 OL and looked horrible at times running for his life..
the OL this year is the biggest different in our success add defense etc etc its not just Dak

Dak struggled to win last year and you expected dalton as players dropped like flies game to games..they missed far more games then you remember,.but go ahead CHOOSE TO BE THAST GUY..try and downplay the horrible team we fielded last season dalton played with..zeke even missed games inured, recovering from cword, had some critical fumbles.it was a straight mess.
it was bad deal for any qb and dak wouldn't have faired much better because the team each week lost more and more players all over the team Diggs, wilson , all the Fas were cut or traded , i mean 17 different starters were out games or out for the season..

right Dalton it was him.. all him he should have won 10 games and went to the playoffs!! :lmao2::rolleyes::eek::popcorn:
the difference between Biadasz (who is a better run blocker than pass blocker) and Joe Looney is less than width of a hair...so no loss there. that's just an excuse for Dalton.

martin returned, game didn't improve....so it wasn't martin.... a RG for Gawd's sake. a RG is not saviour of any offense and everyone needs to stop that non-sense. without googling, tell me the starting guards for the last to AFC and NFC championship game teams? I bet you can't.....

Dalton had as Fair shake as anyone on the cowboys....he sucked and lets just stop with the Dalton excuses and Dalton love. he was as much part of the problem, lets not make a martyr out of him.

Mahomes played in superbowl against best DL in football.....lets not extrapolate that to the season as they had no problems getting through and dominated playoffs against couple of very good defenses.

difference between offense and defense in 20 and 21 in first 5 games.

Offense
20- 32.4
21- 34

Defense
20- 36.2
21- 24.3

so the difference is 5-1 vs. 2-3.

and by the end of season in 20, the defense averaged 29.2, specially in last 4 games the defense allowed 20/game....so we went 3-1....however, that was against some of the worst offenses in the league and back up QBs....

that team last year, would have ended up no worse than 8-8 with Dak.....

blueblood70

Reaction score
the difference between Biadasz (who is a better run blocker than pass blocker) and Joe Looney is less than width of a hair...so no loss there. that's just an excuse for Dalton.

martin returned, game didn't improve....so it wasn't martin.... a RG for Gawd's sake. a RG is not saviour of any offense and everyone needs to stop that non-sense. without googling, tell me the starting guards for the last to AFC and NFC championship game teams? I bet you can't.....

Dalton had as Fair shake as anyone on the cowboys....he sucked and lets just stop with the Dalton excuses and Dalton love. he was as much part of the problem, lets not make a martyr out of him.

Mahomes played in superbowl against best DL in football.....lets not extrapolate that to the season as they had no problems getting through and dominated playoffs against couple of very good defenses.

difference between offense and defense in 20 and 21 in first 5 games.

Offense
20- 32.4
21- 34

Defense
20- 36.2
21- 24.3

so the difference is 5-1 vs. 2-3.

and by the end of season in 20, the defense averaged 29.2, specially in last 4 games the defense allowed 20/game....so we went 3-1....however, that was against some of the worst offenses in the league and back up QBs....

that team last year, would have ended up no worse than 8-8 with Dak.....
THEY ALL WERE HURT, some twice that goes for Cam Erving twice..dude let it go you are not making point. embarrassing yourself trying to say our OL wasn't a 3rd string AT BEST most weeks..it was a disaster.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yep. Another, albeit a different sport, was Tiger at Torrey Pines.

It’s a shame the players of yesteryears didn’t have the medical technology of today. Gale Sayers would’ve been even more amazing.
Sayers, Butkus, Mantle, Namath … today's knee surgery would have extended all their careers. And what about Tommy John if "Tommy John surgery" was the same then as it is now? Used to be a killer for a career, and now some are as good or better than before.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
no he git hurt and they rolled with rookie because their OL is trash and the more mobile qb got the nod..get over it we are talking about a backup and oMG Poor dak we dont want anypobdy behid him that can at leats have cnace to wingame , all the threat alerts come up ..so me of you are truly clueless..

no tanking!! what a tool losing dak does Not lose a season see Philly and foles we have a great team and while dak makes us more explosible and better hes not the entire team.

with ours OL, 2 headed run game, 5 receiving threats and defense getting TOs plus better coachin we ahve shot to stay the course while toiugher withoiut dak we can win games without him..if you dotn think so you are still livingin the past..

YOU WANT TO TANK should we lose dak for the season!!
IGNORANCE Is Bliss

this team is playing great the coaches have beem great , you dotn fold the tents up if the star qb goes down..man some real DA in here..

we are 5-2 yes dak inured and lest tank wow!!:laugh:

bottom line Daltons better then rush or grier and we need a better backup..

oh get a hold of yourself....read the dang post before you respond, so you don't look too much more foolish.....

what is with the Man crush on Dalton. he has been nothing but average QB all his career. 1-13 in games that mattered and 0-5 in the playoffs with some of his worst performances. he sucked in dallas. he sucked in Chicago and they decided to roll with a rookie QB instead of giving the job back to Dalton even if he was injured. you are arguing and defending him so hard. for a back up QB that was in dallas all of one year. I don't get the man crush!!!! take a cold shower please.

Dalton is barely a back up at this point in his career and will be bouncing around the league and just collecting paychecks based on eons ago semi-performance and name...until people realize he reallys sucks that bad now.

now, like I said, if we lose Dak for the season....then we have no chance in the playoffs, even with your orange love, Andy Dalton. so then the hope is to get a top draft pick...will the team tank? no. they will go out and fight. but going up against Rams, AZ, Tampa, GB in the playoffs with a back up QB....what do you think our chances are? what will we accomplish by going to the playoffs? answer that. be honest.....

so if we lose Dak for the season, hope that we end up with a high draft pick.....given your love is not here to save the day (does he have an orange S on his chest?) and our current backups are.....are.....well you know....

but if Dak is not lost for the season and just few games. given current state of NFCE...then we will come through, get Dak back for playoffs...

get a hold of yourself dude....youa re losing it....

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
THEY ALL WERE HURT, some twice that goes for Cam Erving twice..dude let it go you are not making point. embarrassing yourself trying to say our OL wasn't a 3rd string AT BEST most weeks..it was a disaster.
doesn't change the fact that Andy sucked....I don't need to prove anything....we can see Andy got benched for a rookie lesser QB and is riding pine right now.....

again, what's with the Dalton man crush? you have a thing for red heads?

blueblood70

Reaction score
oh get a hold of yourself....read the dang post before you respond, so you don't look too much more foolish.....

what is with the Man crush on Dalton. he has been nothing but average QB all his career. 1-13 in games that mattered and 0-5 in the playoffs with some of his worst performances. he sucked in dallas. he sucked in Chicago and they decided to roll with a rookie QB instead of giving the job back to Dalton even if he was injured. you are arguing and defending him so hard. for a back up QB that was in dallas all of one year. I don't get the man crush!!!! take a cold shower please.

Dalton is barely a back up at this point in his career and will be bouncing around the league and just collecting paychecks based on eons ago semi-performance and name...until people realize he reallys sucks that bad now.

now, like I said, if we lose Dak for the season....then we have no chance in the playoffs, even with your orange love, Andy Dalton. so then the hope is to get a top draft pick...will the team tank? no. they will go out and fight. but going up against Rams, AZ, Tampa, GB in the playoffs with a back up QB....what do you think our chances are? what will we accomplish by going to the playoffs? answer that. be honest.....

so if we lose Dak for the season, hope that we end up with a high draft pick.....given your love is not here to save the day (does he have an orange S on his chest?) and our current backups are.....are.....well you know....

but if Dak is not lost for the season and just few games. given current state of NFCE...then we will come through, get Dak back for playoffs...

get a hold of yourself dude....youa re losing it....
sorry you out cant do tools in a bye week..