Trade for Sean Payton(2022 2nd round pick & 2023 1st round)

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
Jerry needs go get Sean Payton here ASAP and let go of McCarthy and Kellen.

Since Cowboys will lose good amount of FA that will sign big contracts this off-season we can recover the 2023 1st round pick with award of (3-4) third round picks and others that will be rewarded.

Bring in DC similar to Flores if he gets hired or Fangio.

No more nervous energy throughout the season.

Majic

Reaction score

Since Cowboys will lose good amount of FA that will sign big contracts this off-season we can recover the 2023 1st round pick with award of (3-4) third round picks and others that will be rewarded.

The price looks steep to me. I can see Jerry waiting a year to get Payton. Spot on with the DC's couldn't have 2 better choices in my opinion

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
The price looks steep to me. I can see Jerry waiting a year to get Payton. Spot on with the DC's couldn't have 2 better choices in my opinion

Price isn’t steep if you are picks are at bottom of the round. One year for Jerry = 10 years.

Time ain’t on his side and many teams will go after him if his deal expires.

Hadenough

Reaction score

That would be a great move but the Saints will probably want 2 first round picks for Payton. Jerry would also have to step out of the picture control wise and Payton would be allowed to hire his own coaching staff and make personnel decisions. I wanted Jerry to hire Kyle Shanahan after he resurrected Matt Ryans career. That kid knows football but nope we had to stick with Garrett. But looking back Shanahan might not of worked because Jerrys would still be controlling too much.

Majic

Reaction score
Price isn’t steep if you are picks are at bottom of the round. One year for Jerry = 10 years.

Time ain’t on his side and many teams will go after him if his deal expires.

I think I would give up the 1st rounder this year and second next year. Then I would do it

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
Definitely. Need to fire Joe Philbin. Bring in someone who truly knows how to build (intellectually, physically, emotionally) a dominating Oline.

Need to draft 3 OL minimum and no more load management. They need to be in weight room every week.

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
I think I would give up the 1st rounder this year and second next year. Then I would do it

I would flip it since in 2023 we have extra picks to move back into 1st if there is a player we would like to draft.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
You c

You can argue Sean Payton is MM both won one Super Bowl with all time great quarterbacks. People don’t understand that the Saints when healthy this season was a better team then our Cowboys. There defense was ferocious. I actually think they will be better then us next season. Add a serviceable quarterback, an All-pro receiver and both their tackles, look out.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nope. Wait one year and you don't have to trade Jack Squat.

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
Nope. Wait one year and you don't have to trade Jack Squat.

Then other teams can out bid you. You take challenges ahead of time before it becomes bigger problem.

The sooner he is here the faster he can implement the culture change. Unless your satisfied with last 26 years you can’t wait.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Then other teams can out bid you. You take challenges ahead of time before it becomes bigger problem.

The sooner he is here the faster he can implement the culture change. Unless your satisfied with last 26 years you can’t wait.

You are living in fantasy land.
This is not a madden game.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I would trade my entire "satchel", both arms, and 1 leg, 2 no# picks for him. But u guys know whats not even funny, but par for the course? WE HAD HIM HERE AND LET HIM WALK! We instead, hire WADE then JG. We brought this all on ourselves...JERRY. Its been a comedy of errors on the coaching front since the Tuna left here. Jerry is in the midst of making yet another huge blunder by letting DQ walk and keeping Fat Mike instead. Self inflicted errors. Arrogance. Even team reporters like Mike Fisher has the arrogance that rivals Jerrys. Has anyone listened to that enabler lately? He defends Jerry like his life depends on it. Bought and paid for shoe shine boy.I highly question how bad they want 2 win a Title.