Trade Looney for DL

Wood

Reaction score
Biggest need on team is not S but DL. Looney is luxury & has game film of being starter for most of year. NFL teams are thirsty for starting OL.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Biggest need on team is not S but DL. Looney is luxury & has game film of being starter for most of year. NFL teams are thirsty for starting OL.
Would rather trade Lewis if we are gonna give him as few snaps per game as we did last year

Wood

Reaction score
We cannot afford to trade looney with Frederick having his issues, and Martin getting hurt last season

Is has risk if Frederick can't come back completely but this team is cooked if they can't upgrade DL.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
You know, I was thinking, with Cameron Fleming re-signed, T-Fred coming back, and Connor Williams likely stronger in his second year, maybe La'el Collins is the trade piece, not Looney.

Collins is going into the last year of his deal. Fleming can play well enough at right tackle for a couple years. I'm just speculating, of course.

JayFord

Reaction score
Is has risk if Frederick can't come back completely but this team is cooked if they can't upgrade DL.

We have no interest in upgrading our dline

We already told DLaw to pound sand and won’t even sniff suh

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'm keeping Jourdan Lewis just in case they can't get Byron Jones secured past this season, though.
I dont think he fits what they want. If they expect Jones to leave, I expect they will plan that by drafting someone. They did dangle Lewis last year

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Looney was a big reason the Cowboys won 10 games and went to the playoffs. Historically, OL depth has been a significant problem for the Cowboys. Why not trade Jones for some prime grade DL help?

CCBoy

Reaction score
Fans hate having depth.

It reminds me of the old saying "Money burning a hole in your pocket?" in reference to someone that can't wait to spend money as soon as they get it.

His retention and the resigning of our swing tackle to me, are major elements for a very strong season.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

Yep, good depth is a luxury. Best to get rid of it ASAP.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Giants traded Snacks Harrison (possibly the best 1-tech (4-3) DT in the league for a 4th round pick.

What do you think the Cowboys would get for a backup OC that was available to any team as a free agent just last March?