Trade Looney for DL

conner01

Reaction score
You know, I was thinking, with Cameron Fleming re-signed, T-Fred coming back, and Connor Williams likely stronger in his second year, maybe La'el Collins is the trade piece, not Looney.

Collins is going into the last year of his deal. Fleming can play well enough at right tackle for a couple years. I'm just speculating, of course.
Then you are right back looking for a swing tackle

fairviewfarmer

Reaction score
Biggest need on team is not S but DL. Looney is luxury & has game film of being starter for most of year. NFL teams are thirsty for starting OL.
sadly, They can't trade him until they're sure that Frederick will be back at 100%.

dallas72

Reaction score
Biggest need on team is not S but DL. Looney is luxury & has game film of being starter for most of year. NFL teams are thirsty for starting OL.
So you wanna trade a 6 year journeyman backup C making 800,000 a year for some elite DT lol....

GenoT

Reaction score
IMHO, until Fredbeard is back on the field and has proven himself ready for the regular season, this wouldn’t be a smart move.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

Looney, Ehinger, Sua-Filo, Redmond.

Too, too many backup interior linemen. Some of them need to go. I heard noise that they liked Redmond at C.

Maybe they keep Redmond and Looney, with Looney as the presumed interior backup at all positions, and Redmond the developmental guy for the future.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
IMHO, until Fredbeard is back on the field and has proven himself ready for the regular season, this wouldn’t be a smart move.

Looney is probably just more valuable to us than other teams anyway. And his contract is peanuts.

I think Looney will be trade bait end of summer and during the season if some team gets desperate for a C. Otherwise I don't see us getting enough value to make it worth our while to give him up. Next year he gets some kind of contract in FA and we get a comp pick.

Churn dem picks.