Trade up for Jordan Davis

grgnfg420

Reaction score
i think this guy is exactly what this team is missing and I don’t think it would cost more than a 3rd to love up to get him.

Is this a realistic possibility? Asking cause I haven’t followed much of the pre draft news and I don’t know if we have brought him in for a visit or anything like that.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
You are on the right thought process. I do not know if you have to trade up. But, when you give up 4.5 yards per carry for 2 years in a row, you better get someone that can stop the run.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
This draft is actually like a draft and a half, because so many players sat out. So I don't want to trade up for anyone, no matter who. You can find big bodied run stuffing DT's in the undrafted pool.

RS12

Reaction score
I d be surprised if that happened. I d be very surprised if the first round pick isn't offense.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Keep #24 and use future first rounders (2023 + 2025) to trade for top 17 pick in this draft.

Then I'd trade down from #24 several times to add multiple picks in rounds 2-4.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
i think this guy is exactly what this team is missing and I don’t think it would cost more than a 3rd to love up to get him.

Is this a realistic possibility? Asking cause I haven’t followed much of the pre draft news and I don’t know if we have brought him in for a visit or anything like that.
We have. He is one of our official visits. Broaddus tweet after the combine that the Cowboys were interested even before the combine. I definitely wouldn't sleep on Dallas drafting Davis

RonWashington

Reaction score

Would really see a home run in getting Davis to anchor the middle of the D but it might take more then a trading a 3rd round pick to move up. Maybe swap a 3rd the 4th and one of the 5th rounders . That would mean your sitting out the 3 and 4 round .

Jerry gets sloppy with trades not sure but going the other way may be better course of action collect picks by moving down a notch or two you may not end with Davis or Green the G but you get more help in 2022 with an extra pick or two .

Flamma

Reaction score

The cost depends on how far up. Philly has pick 15 and 18, and I don't think he gets past Philly, if he gets that far. Trading up to 14 would cost a 2nd. With a 3rd we can get to 19.

garyv

Reaction score

I looked at this too and he would be the only player I would trade up for and the reason he makes an immediate impact at DT to stop the gashes and clogs our middle D

Flamma

Reaction score
Would really see a home run in getting Davis to anchor the middle of the D but it might take more then a trading a 3rd round pick to move up. Maybe swap a 3rd the 4th and one of the 5th rounders . That would mean your sitting out the 3 and 4 round .

Jerry gets sloppy with trades not sure but going the other way may be better course of action collect picks by moving down a notch or two you may not end with Davis or Green the G but you get more help in 2022 with an extra pick or two .

This is just my opinion. If they really want Davis, they're going to have to trade up to 13 or 14. That will cost a 2nd, minimum.

Let's not get too excited about Davis. Let's not get too caught up in his 40 time. He plays 1 tech. The best thing about him is he's seemingly unmovable, not his speed. We can get equally big beasts not that much slower in the 2nd. Davis is not Aaron Donald, just the popular pick. It was his 40 time that made him rise on the big board. Nothing else. As much as I like Davis, I don't think he's worth trading up for early in the first over some of these other guys you can trade back for.

morasp

Reaction score
I d be surprised if that happened. I d be very surprised if the first round pick isn't offense.
Stephen tried to say that they're going into the draft with no glaring needs but I'll bet they're looking at OL and WR pretty heavily.

Sandyf

Reaction score
Davis would be a mountain of a guy but actually like Travis Jones out of UConn better. Seems to me Jones is more of a mini clone of Aaron Donald.

chicago JK

Reaction score
I would not trade up for anyone in this draft. I am sure I will have favorites go before us, but I don't think combining picks to move up is smart. With that being said, I think I have landed on Davis as my #1 option if he makes it to 24. Even with my concerns of what his weight could become if he is not disciplined in the future or his lack of pass rush. I just think he would add a whole new dynamic inside and help our other defensive lineman and also help our edge rushers. My fear is the front office are so focused on offense that they would bypass Davis if he made it to us.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score

Eagles will grab him at 15.

Carson

Reaction score
Keep #24 and use future first rounders (2023 + 2025) to trade for top 17 pick in this draft.

Then I'd trade down from #24 several times to add multiple picks in rounds 2-4.
So a team that hasn’t drafted DT in the first since 1991 is going to trade multiple first for a likely two down player?

I love Davis. But they won’t trade multiple picks for a DT that’s not Aaron Donald.

Not being a jerk with this. Just don’t see it plus the 2023 class is loaded

Last edited:

Rayman70

Reaction score
I LOVE DAVIS But I'm not trading ^. We need the draft capital we have. Watch this vid guys. Remember this name JOHN RIDGEWAY and what this former scout just said. Its near the end of the vid clip. I was stunned!! Gimme your thoughts afterwards.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Let's be honest.......fans/media are excited about Davis's speed and size. Taking a closer look .......he's still a two-down 1Tech and his awesome 40 times will have little or no impact on his position. His college production was modest at best or without factoring in the production, he only played 50/60% snaps. Translate that to NFL games that are faster and way longer than the average college games. In other words, I'm guessing if it wasn't for this kid's freakish 40 times, he's a day-two pick......easy.

Bottom line......there is plenty of 320-340lb draftable DT players you can draft in much lower rounds to clog the middle.

Carson

Reaction score
Let's be honest.......fans/media are excited about Davis's speed and size. Taking a closer look .......he's still a two-down 1Tech and his awesome 40 times will have little or no impact on his position. His college production was modest at best or without factoring in the production, he only played 50/60% snaps. Translate that to NFL games that are faster and way longer than the average college games. In other words, I'm guessing if it wasn't for this kid's freakish 40 times, he's a day-two pick......easy.

Bottom line......there is plenty of 320-340lb draftable DT players you can draft in much lower rounds to clog the middle.
THIS. I've been screaming this

Alabama found a way to take him out of the SEC Championship game by running hurry up and fast tempo offense. Teams like Philly will figure that out early and often