Trade Zeke

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A bad contract is bad whether you win or not. I'm of the opinion Zeke's contract isn't bad. Others disagree. The Cowboys have an out in 2023, how bad can it be? But you can't really get rid of him before that.

Sorry bro...I disagree. And here's why. "we" have been complaining for 20 "some" years... VERY meager playoff wins....no Conference championships.....no Super bowl. MANY have commented "If we could have just made ONE run...ONE super bowl.....all would be forgiven...even Tony Romo. :facepalm:

YOu guys sit here and pretend to be NFL executives...but you ...we....are fans. And WINNING...SOMETHING...cures a lot of ills. You can sit there and kid yourself.....if that is what you want.... OH SO OBJECTIVE....like some badge of honor, right? ....but you aren't fooling me.
We're all like Jerry...we'd give anything for a super bowl. Including your precious from your own pocket salary cap.

So you are telling me if you ...we...WIN...you are going to complain about the cap and contracts? Get out dude....such BS.

I apologize that I offended you....it's been too long since we've won anything...so we have forgotten the joy and forgiveness if brings.

Flamma

Reaction score
Sorry bro...I disagree. And here's why. "we" have been complaining for 20 "some" years... VERY meager playoff wins....no Conference championships.....no Super bowl. MANY have commented "If we could have just made ONE run...ONE super bowl.....all would be forgiven...even Tony Romo. :facepalm:

YOu guys sit here and pretend to be NFL executives...but you ...we....are fans. And WINNING...SOMETHING...cures a lot of ills. You can sit there and kid yourself.....if that is what you want.... OH SO OBJECTIVE....like some badge of honor, right? ....but you aren't fooling me.
We're all like Jerry...we'd give anything for a super bowl. Including your precious from your own pocket salary cap.

So you are telling me if you ...we...WIN...you are going to complain about the cap and contracts? Get out dude....such BS.

I apologize that I offended you....it's been too long since we've won anything...so we have forgotten the joy and forgiveness if brings.

Dude, you don't offend me. It takes a lot to offend me. But we can still be objective regardless of our success.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I think zeke was picked to give Romo a big weapon. And make a super bowl run. But...as fate would have it, Dak got it. Asking a mid-pick rookie to make the run instead? Out of superstition? Odd.

I don't think the offense was "built" for Zeke. Without Romo in there it just happened that way.

Zeke was drafted to protect Romo and keep their poor defense on the sidelines. They wanted to become more of a run first team that controlled the time of possession to keep their defense fresh. This worked extremely well as the team went 13-3 in which both Dak/Zeke were rookie starters.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Zeke was drafted to protect Romo and keep their poor defense on the sidelines. They wanted to become more of a run first team that controlled the time of possession to keep their defense fresh. This worked extremely well as the team went 13-3 in which both Dak/Zeke were rookie starters.
We had ball control in 2015 with terrible QBs and RBs. About 75% through the season we were averaging A whopping 3:21 per drive, well above our 2014 average and we were racking up loss after loss because we couldn’t score. It wasn’t until the end of the season when we fell from #1 to #3 in average TOP per drive since our average fell the last 2.5 games with Moore as QB.

Drafting Zeke had nothing to do with ball control. We already had it. If it did, we should have expected our ball control to jump up and it didn’t. It sounds good, it just is not what happened.