Trades

Boysboy

Reaction score
Cowboys All Da Way;2325460 said:
With the trade deadline approaching has anybody heard of any trades regarding picking up a receiver?

*shrugs* I wish I heard more trade rumors concerning us picking up more PASS RUSHERS.

links18

Reaction score
We are going to trade Antonio Bryant for Quincy Morgan straight up...... wait....that was 4 years ago.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Murph80;2325624 said:
No But I heard the Giants might pick up KC's TE Gonzalaz.

He's apparently not so scary anymore. Haven't seen him play but a few plays but he's certainly not putting up the numbers he used to. I thought they were going to be fine with their current TE whose name escapes me.

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
jobberone;2325726 said:
He's apparently not so scary anymore. Haven't seen him play but a few plays but he's certainly not putting up the numbers he used to. I thought they were going to be fine with their current TE whose name escapes me.

Kevin Boss. I would rather not see Tony Gonzales with the Giants, they already have enough playmakers to throw at our defense.

Primetime0201

Benched
Reaction score
I don't think our CB's or Passrush are a problem I think it's Wade's d that's the problem. I would fire Wade and Brian make Jason HC and bring Pete Jenkins in as DC...

SacredStar

Reaction score
Murph80;2325624 said:
No But I heard the Giants might pick up KC's TE Gonzalaz.

I just read that the Bills would get him for a 1st and change.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Primetime0201;2325838 said:
I don't think our CB's or Passrush are a problem I think it's Wade's d that's the problem. I would fire Wade and Brian make Jason HC and bring Pete Jenkins in as DC...

Aside from Ware, our LBs are big and physical, but SLOW.

It doesn't matter who coaches this D-the results will still be the same.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Cowboys All Da Way;2325460 said:
With the trade deadline approaching has anybody heard of any trades regarding picking up a receiver?
In a word, yes.

Slammin Bran 23

Reaction score
Roy has already said publicly that he wants to stay with this team in the future, but I really wouldn't put too much stock in those comments. To me he is just being politically correct considering that's all he really can say. There has been a lot of talk about how Williams wants to end up back in Texas, and becoming a free agent would allow him to do that by signing with the Cowboys or Texans. At the same time, going back home isn't the only reason why I could see Roy leaving Detroit. Considering how bad this team has been in the past and possibly could be in the future, any move that involves leaving a mediocre franchise for a great one (maybe the Cowboys) would seem likely.

Kinda old but still...

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Primetime0201;2325838 said:

If we wait until next year we might be able to get Marvin Lewis as a DC. I don't think he's going to survive this year in Cincy.

More than likely we will end up with Campo as DC when Garrett takes over for Wade, whenever that happens to be.

Boysboy

Reaction score
LeonDixson;2325871 said:
If we wait until next year we might be able to get Marvin Lewis as a DC. I don't think he's going to survive this year in Cincy.

More than likely we will end up with Campo as DC when Garrett takes over for Wade, whenever that happens to be.

Wow-for all the flack Wade is getting for not fixing the D, less not forget the WONDERS that Marvin has made out of that Bungals D. /*sarcasm*/

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Boysboy;2325877 said:
Wow-for all the flack Wade is getting for not fixing the D, less not forget the WONDERS that Marvin has made out of that Bungals D. /*sarcasm*/
Not as a head coach. No. But IIRC he was an excellent DC which is what got him the gig as a HC. By the way I wasn't advocating firing Wade.

Boysboy

Reaction score
LeonDixson;2325881 said:
Not as a head coach. No. But IIRC he was an excellent DC which is what got him the gig as a HC. By the way I wasn't advocating firing Wade.

I know-he's very good, I'll acknowledge that. However-for the most part, he had a monster in Baltimore. The personnel almost rivalved the '85 Bears. However-his stint with the Commanders in '02 was less than stellar, largely b/c his personnel there was subpar(everyone wondered why the Skins D were poor tacklers, and Lewis was labeled a poor disciplinarian). And Cincy doesn't have very good personnel either. Just as long as Ocho Cinco is on that team, Mike Brown will be satisfied with the $$$$ he's bringing in.

Pt being that we may need some overhaul on our D side of the ball.