sean10mm

Reaction score
How do people seem to believe that both of these are true:
  1. Dak is an obvious trash QB
  2. Teams will give the Cowboys 2 first rounders for Dak
???

GMO415

Reaction score
Seriously....what is wrong with Cowboys Nation?

Dak has kicked arse from day one. I mean his first preseason in LA. People want to trade him in for a broken down 41 year old?

DenCWBY

Reaction score
I think trading Dak (for any reasonable offer to be had) is moving backwards.

he’s not awesome, but he’s good enough if we fix other glaring / organizational issues.
We would need to build and put a #1 or 2 defensive unit and an outstanding ST unit on the field to be in a position to win SB with DP. Not saying it can't be done but as you mentioned, we need to fix those areas around DP to compete in the big dance.

Skillit

Reaction score
We would need to build and put a #1 or 2 defensive unit and an outstanding ST unit on the field to be in a position to win SB with DP. Not saying it can't be done but as you mentioned, we need to fix those areas around DP to compete in the big dance.

Yea.....I think all but a handful of teams have to do that. 9ers almost pulled it off but got beat by the best QB in the league and maybe of this generation.

Skillit

Reaction score
And KC got trashed by many for taking a "systems QB" way too early.

Exactly- I think that goes to the crap shoot that is trying to draft an elite NFL QB. If the league had any inkling of how good he was going to be, he would have been the first player chosen with no hopes of a trade.

That’s really my reason behind paying Dak a reasonably high salary (not stupid) so we can pay to put the rest of the team together. For the Dak Haters......I just ask “Who, then?”

Who can we get that is proven and makes us better next year? I don’t see it. I agree I’d Dak gets too greedy, then we have to do something, but I hope we don’t get there.

I also like built the team vs through QB because one injury can derail your entire season. Also- if the team is in place, good FA QBs will want to come get a ring and take less to do it.

But yea- if we had a crystal ball that said Burroughs was Mahomes 2.0–yea, I’d ship Dak and a bunch of picks to the Bengals.

Burroughs could be Manning/Aikman or Ryan Leaf / Jamarcus Russell. Crap shoot.