Traegor pellet grill

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Hey guys, my neighbor has an unboxed Traegor Texas Elite 34 pellet grill that his work gave him and he wants to get rid of it. It retails at $900, but he wanting to sell it for "$200-$300" because he already has one, or something similar.

I've never worked with a pellet grill before. Is anyone here familiar with this contraption?

I think I might get it, but if it's a pain in the butt, or a waste of money... it would be helpful to know.

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
It depends on what you want to do with it, but it's not a pain in the butt at all. It's a set it and forget it pit. Traegor is an oven that you can add smoke. You simply set the temperature you want and the time to cook just like an oven. You can then add as much smoke as you want via the pellet system. If you're a big BBQ guy who like to smoke meat it's not for you. If you want something simple that can achieve some of the same results then you'll love it. You can't beat that price though, I'd grab it. Just make sure you've got a place to plug it in, got to have AC.

1LoyalCowboyFan

Reaction score
It depends on what you want to do with it, but it's not a pain in the butt at all. It's a set it and forget it pit. Traegor is an oven that you can add smoke. You simply set the temperature you want and the time to cook just like an oven. You can then add as much smoke as you want via the pellet system. If you're a big BBQ guy who like to smoke meat it's not for you. If you want something simple that can achieve some of the same results then you'll love it. You can't beat that price though, I'd grab it. Just make sure you've got a place to plug it in, got to have AC.

This all the way. If you want a true smoker then the Weber Smokey Mountain is fun.

Corso

Reaction score
Grab it, they are easy to use. I prefer a smoker with real wood but a Traegor is a nice grill.
This all the way. If you want a true smoker then the Weber Smokey Mountain is fun.

Thank you guys! I'm going to go ahead and get it. For that price... if I hate it, I can flip it.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Just went and shook hands with him. We agreed on $250. I'm picking it up tomorrow, when I get my hands on a dolly.
I'm excited! I'm ready to make some jerky...

If your new to smoking, start with a chicken until ya get in the groove.

Corso

Reaction score
If your new to smoking, start with a chicken until ya get in the groove.
Gotcha. Thank you! This is going to be fun. Even my wife is excited!
He also gave me a set of Traegor utensils and 2 bags of pellets. I guess they just came with the grill.
The utensils look straight out of a gladiator movie! I was holding the cooking fork and spatula like I was Spartacus.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Gotcha. Thank you! This is going to be fun. Even my wife is excited!
He also gave me a set of Traegor utensils and 2 bags of pellets. I guess they just came with the grill.
The utensils look straight out of a gladiator movie! I was holding the cooking fork and spatula like I was Spartacus.
what you grill in this life....echoes thru eternity!!!!!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Just went and shook hands with him. We agreed on $250. I'm picking it up tomorrow, when I get my hands on a dolly.
I'm excited! I'm ready to make some jerky...
Make some with Tabasco or jalapeno and send me some! :grin:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Hey guys, my neighbor has an unboxed Traegor Texas Elite 34 pellet grill that his work gave him and he wants to get rid of it. It retails at $900, but he wanting to sell it for "$200-$300" because he already has one, or something similar.

I've never worked with a pellet grill before. Is anyone here familiar with this contraption?

I think I might get it, but if it's a pain in the butt, or a waste of money... it would be helpful to know.
I’d grab it, sell it for $600 and buy a Big Green Egg.