Transition tag Amari and move up for Lamb or Jeudy

cnuball21

Reaction score
You can question Cooper's love for the game, but he's not quitter. He played half this season through pain, and he played half of his 2016 season (only one where he didn't break 1,000) injured as well.

When 79/1189/8 this year is "not your best" and "playing through pain", and 48/680/7 in Oakland is "barely able to get out there" you've done well for yourself.

Thank you...it blows my mind when people question a players "love for the game" or "effort." We're not in the locker room, we haven't heard quotes from teammaters doubting him.

Cooper is a quite, reserved dude. Who cares...he balls out, and battled through injury last year.

cnuball21

Reaction score
This was what all the local media was saying out of no where a week or 2 ago. You can probably google some articles on it..

I personally think our success since Coop got here is dependent on how well he plays and that goes double for Dak.

The media is a joke. Let me know when a teammate or coach calls him out for effort, attitude or work ethic.

When healthy, which he battled through last year, he's an absolute monster.

cowboyec

Reaction score
i dont like trading up.
i'd rather accumulate picks than give them away.
but if we're moving up.
give me DE Chase Young...if he were to start free fallin'...
or CB Jeff Okudah.

not opposed to taking a WR at all...but at 17.
aint tradin up for one.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
i dont like trading up.
i'd rather accumulate picks than give them away.
but if we're moving up.
give me DE Chase Young...if he were to start free fallin'...
or CB Jeff Okudah.

not opposed to taking a WR at all...but at 17.
aint tradin up for one.

If we trade Cooper, get a 2nd rounder, and Dallas is set on having a premium #1 then swapping 1's and giving up a our Cooper compensation for Jeudy/Lamb + Cap space is a good move.

I'd rather have a combo of Jeudy and Byron Jones over Amari Cooper and a rookie corner.

morasp

Reaction score
If we trade Cooper, get a 2nd rounder, and Dallas is set on having a premium #1 then swapping 1's and giving up a our Cooper compensation for Jeudy/Lamb + Cap space is a good move.

I'd rather have a combo of Jeudy and Byron Jones over Amari Cooper and a rookie corner.
And it might help them keep Quinn. The numbers I've heard are in the two years $10 million/year range.

cowboyec

Reaction score

:thumbup:

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Many are forgetting the fact, WR's have one of the hardest development curves on the next level. A select few make an immediate impact. It is wishful thinking to believe they can replace Cooper's production with a rookie prospect. Why create more holes when you don't have to? I understand many fans like this year's WR class, but the team needs defense, they were one of the best offenses last season.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Many are forgetting the fact, WR's have one of the hardest development curves on the next level. A select few make an immediate impact. It is wishful thinking to believe they can replace Cooper's production with a rookie prospect. Why create more holes when you don't have to? I understand many fans like this year's WR class, but the team needs defense, they were one of the best offenses last season.

Because salary cap.

I think you’re more then fine with one of these rookies plus Cobb and Gallup.

At least you should be If you’re paying a QB like he is elite and all.

morasp

Reaction score
If you go back and look at last year there were probably half a dozen or so rookies that either started or were in rotation and made significant contributions.

cnuball21

Reaction score

Traditionally both WRs and CBs take a few years to reach potential. AKA we're screwed lol

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Because salary cap.

I think you’re more then fine with one of these rookies plus Cobb and Gallup.

At least you should be If you’re paying a QB like he is elite and all.
Just remember how bad the passing offense was without Cooper.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Just remember how bad the passing offense was without Cooper.

It’s fine.. We’re about to sign an elite QB who is going to have to put on his big boy pants and start elevating players around him.