Twitter: Translate this tweet from Helman

AlienBoy

Reaction score
Guess I'll come out of the closet too, since it seems we're coming clean: My favorite is Mickey Spags!!! There I said it. Feel so much better. GO COWBOYS!!!
basher-colts.gif

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I’m sure that’s what it sounds like I’m doing, but if you had listen to The Break podcast yesterday.. both of them, including Nate Newton were debating this which included the said subject in Helmans tweet. So I disagree sir.. I’m not implying anything, I’m just giving my honest answer to your question. You asked.

:thumbup:

TheHerd

Reaction score
GEEK ALERT:

If you crunch the Vegas numbers:

Cowboys win (58%)
Eagles loss (90%)
Washington Loss (61%)

we have an 81% chance of clinching this weekend.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Is he implying we'll likely win the division by default?

I guess our injuries dont count, how about last year, I remember some saying next man up and the eagles did just that..now its an excuse? Last year we were 9-7 and had a ridiculous amount of injuries/suspensions..this year we have some but had the depth to overcome them..

Now to translate hes saying if you cant win a division in down year for your rivals , when can you? Injuries effect all teams and outcomes for divisions..

blumayne38

Reaction score
That's why I don't like either one of them. They see the Cowboys practice every week, they doubt them, yet the Cowboys come back and prove them wrong.

I never thought I would say this, but I'm really starting to like Mickey Spags.
Wow you are swimming in the koolaid

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I guess our injuries dont count, how about last year, I remember some saying next man up and the eagles did just that..now its an excuse? Last year we were 9-7 and had a ridiculous amount of injuries/suspensions..this year we have some but had the depth to overcome them..

Now to translate hes saying if you cant win a division in down year for your rivals , when can you? Injuries effect all teams and outcomes for divisions..

:clap:You can make a case the Eagles injuries were worst last year ( losing their starting QB, LT and LBer ) no one was complaining coz they were winning. Just me, but bottom the line, this is not same Eagles team everyone expected this year. In fact, some ( even many of our own fans ) pretty much gave them the division and Super Bowl at beginning of the with a healthy Carson Wentz. If you ask me, they lost their fire after winning it all last year. Many Cowboys players from the 90s will tell you the hardest part of their career was winning back-to-back Super Bowls.

As for the Skins....typical Commanders, all smoke no fire. (lol)

plymkr

Reaction score
Sounds like he is saying both the Commanders and Eagles are on a downward spiral and that leaves us alone.
I agree with what you are saying that this is what they are saying. I would like to add that even though the eagles and the skins are on a downward spiral that doesn't take away that Dallas is on an upward spiral.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I care about what the team thinks, and what I think. Everyone else can eat it. Everyone else's opinion is just that, an opinion just like mine.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
That's why I don't like either one of them. They see the Cowboys practice every week, they doubt them, yet the Cowboys come back and prove them wrong.

I never thought I would say this, but I'm really starting to like Mickey Spags.
You dont like them because they dont share your opinion?

:facepalm:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Helman is a Saints fan at heart and Broaddus is a closet Packers fan. The only writer they have that grew up a Cowboys fan is Nick Eatman. I think Helman is saying there is no way we can screw this up because the other division opponents are too banged up.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Yes, they both think we’ll lose tomorrow.

I do as well just based on the odds of continued winning.. Eventually we have to lose a game and tomorrow just feels like it will be that day.

I really don’t think it means anything going forward either.

Praxit

Reaction score
..sounds like no credit is going to Dallas. Both those teams are out because of unfortunate circumstances. The guy is white noise with that statement.

eastsideboy

Reaction score
We could forfeit the next three games and still win the East he should go on Twitter and say the Earth is round

Sepia

Reaction score
C’mon folks.. there not predicting them to lose. Im pretty sure both of them (Bryan and Helman) stated they believe they could beat the Colts on The Break. The only caveat is.. Dallas OL is hurting. I believe Helman is referring to sitting players this game bc some think this game isn’t as important as others due to it being a non conference game and therefore dosent make much difference ‘Standings’ wise. Plus all Dallas needs is to win one of the next three games.. or PHI and Wash need to lose one of the next three games to win the division, which seems highly likely due to their own injury concerns. Helman apparently is leaning towards resting players this game that are nursing injuries (Martin, Tyron, etc).

I listened to The Break episode with Nate, Rob, Bryan, and David. Bryan predicted a loss. David said we win but had a gut feeling that we might lose. They spent the whole episode lauding the Colts’ defense, and worried about Zach being out.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
He is just saying that Dallas will probably win the division by default because Philly or Washington have to win out to leap frog us and with Wentz done for the year and the Skins having the butt fumbler at QB, the odds of either of those teams winning out is not good. Especially considering that they still play each other again, so that is basically an elimination game for one of those teams.

Of course this is all moot if we just win one single game out of the last three. For us not to win the division, we have to lose out and go 0-3 with either Washington or the Eagles winning out, as I mentioned above.

I dont think Helman was dissing the team, I think he was just stating the obvious and doing the math like all of us have.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Is he implying we'll likely win the division by default?

I agree with him. Philly and Washington both will likely lose tomorrow or at least one of their last three games, so it's very unlikely we'd lose the division even if we lost all three for some reason.