Twitter: Translate this tweet from Helman

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
I think Helman picked us to win a close one. Broaddus took Indy to win it. But either way, he’s saying PHI and WAS will probably lose and we’ll clinch.
We’ve been picked to lose against the Colts for weeks now by majority of the media.

Reaction score
Is he implying we'll likely win the division by default?

Saw him and Broadus and Nate on Talking Cowboys and some discussion was had about playing Zack Martin or letting him heal up. Nate wants him to play because nothing has been clinched yet, Helman was of the opinion they should let him heal up for the long haul since the division is 99.9% theirs. I think this tweet is kind of a continuation of that discussion.

VACowboy

Reaction score
I think it's funny how people hate Helman for not towing the company line and at the same time hate Micky for being a Homer.

Helman is a journalist, not a cheerleader. His job is to report what he sees, not sugar coat and preach to the choir. I have watched almost every episode of the Break so far this season. Helman really does root for the Cowboys, even against the Saints, but he doesn't let his team preference color the view he presents as a professional, and I appreciate that.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Is he implying we'll likely win the division by default?

I got this:
Mindy: Your suit's on backwards.
Mork: It is? Boy do I feel like a clone.
Mindy: You're not a priest are you?
Mork: I am Mork from Ork. Nanu nanu.
Mindy: Ork?
Mork: Yes. You see Ork is a planet. You follow the Big Dipper til it comes to a dead end then you hang an up.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We are winning the worst Division in the NFL this season......but hey more than welcomed!

HungryLion

Reaction score
Wow everybody. Why are you taking Helman’s tweet so negatively.

1. Helman is just referencing that the cowboys Don’t NEED to win this game. Because the Commanders and eagles have to win out. One loss by both of them and the cowboys clinch the division. As a matter of fact. The cowboys could themselves lose out and still have a very very very high chance of clinching the divison. Because both the Commanders and eagles are mash units and there’s practically zero chance of either team winning out.

2. Do you listen to the cowboys break podcast? Helman isn’t a homer but he gives the team plenty of credit when they play well and when they deserve to be praised. Pretty sure he picked the cowboys to win tomorrow too. He just doesn’t think it will be an easy game. Which it won’t be because the colts are a playoff contending team and are playing at home.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
personally I don't thing the cowboys will lose tomorrow in fact I don't think they will lose another regular season game this season but what do I know

DasSchnitzel

Reaction score
I never thought I would say this, but I'm really starting to like Mickey Spags.

I think it's easier to like Mickey when Dallas is doing well.

He's always a blindly optimistic homer and is the stereotype of the fan that has an excuse for everything bad about the Cowboys. So when Dallas is doing well, his perception is more in line with reality, and he's more likable as a result.

Nothing is worse than Spagnola bluntly implying the fans they are dumb to think Dallas is at all responsible during a long losing streak.