Travis Frederick at 90-95%

Jimbo69

Reaction score
Good news both for the Cowboys and more importantly for Travis and his family.

cristglo

Reaction score
Very good new for Travis Family and all of cowboys nation! Since the disease was caught early he should make a full recovery and live a normal productive life. He will be monitored but there should be not set backs. Rowdy Gaines an Olympic swimmer was diagnosed with it and was able to come back at his same Olympic time . Tom Edlefson a tennis player came back to play so I dont see any reason the Travis will not be back to his playing ways. There are other people who have had full recovery that have went on and had sports careers the one thing that Travis has is that his was caught very early and medicine has came a long way then some of these players.
This is some of the best news that a Cowboys fans can have despite all the other troubling or should I say concerning News!

Scotman

Reaction score
On a side note, I recently read the Wiki page about Frederick. That should say, I misread the Wiki page about Frederick.

The page states that, "A native of Sharon, Wisconsin, Frederick attended Big Foot High School..." It misread the word attended as ATTACKED...and I wasn't even surprised. In fact, I immediately understood why there are no Bigfoot left in the woods.

What a scary ordeal this young man has been through. 5% of the cases actually die. Even though he was young and otherwise healthy at the time of the diagnosis, that is very sobering. I'm sure his family and those that love him were shocked and terrified. He's one of the main stories I'm looking forward to following next year. I hope he comes back a beast.

It does leave me wondering, what kind of long-term toll does this put on his body? In other words, people that survive it and return to completely healthy, do they have other effects later in life? Or, once it's done, it's done? Any internet doctors know?

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Great news for frederick and his family. Can't wait to see the big fella out there we needed him so badly

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
He is.

Last season was one of his better years statistically.

Just needs to stay on the field.

No. Had 10 holding penalties. Years past whenever he was spotlighted in games it was always showing how he stonewalled great pass rushers. This year, it was how he got beat.

Love the guy, and he's still a very good OT. But good as ever?

No, sad to say...

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
If he can come back from this at 95% it’s a done deal

But have to remember also, he plays for the Cowboys. If Smith can come back and play at all, he'll get a lot of votes, too. Nothings guaranteed when a Cowboys player is involved..

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

:flagwave::flagwave::flagwave::clap::clap::clap:

Good start to the offseason!

Really good news that he has progressed to this point. It is a reversible disease, and the right thing for him was being allowed to get treatment and rehab. Go Fredrick! Go Cowboys!

robjay04

Reaction score
No. Had 10 holding penalties. Years past whenever he was spotlighted in games it was always showing how he stonewalled great pass rushers. This year, it was how he got beat.

Love the guy, and he's still a very good OT. But good as ever?

No, sad to say...

According to my own search, he had 7...3 of those cans in one game against Philly which if I recall were some very questionable calls. So he had 4 in the other 12 games he played. He basically had a bad game.

He had two false starts and an “illegal block above the waste(lol)” which is probably how you got 10.

According to PFF, he was the best pass blocker in the league. Only allowed 13 hurries, 2 hits and zero sacks.

So he’s still as good as he has ever been in pass blocking. I’m not paying to see how he is in run blocking compared to other seasons.

conner01

Reaction score
But have to remember also, he plays for the Cowboys. If Smith can come back and play at all, he'll get a lot of votes, too. Nothings guaranteed when a Cowboys player is involved..
I don’t expect smith to be back to start the season
If he could he would certainly be a consideration
But I don’t think he will and I don’t think they expect him back anytime soon

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
On a side note, I recently read the Wiki page about Frederick. That should say, I misread the Wiki page about Frederick.

The page states that, "A native of Sharon, Wisconsin, Frederick attended Big Foot High School..." It misread the word attended as ATTACKED...and I wasn't even surprised. In fact, I immediately understood why there are no Bigfoot left in the woods.

What a scary ordeal this young man has been through. 5% of the cases actually die. Even though he was young and otherwise healthy at the time of the diagnosis, that is very sobering. I'm sure his family and those that love him were shocked and terrified. He's one of the main stories I'm looking forward to following next year. I hope he comes back a beast.

It does leave me wondering, what kind of long-term toll does this put on his body? In other words, people that survive it and return to completely healthy, do they have other effects later in life? Or, once it's done, it's done? Any internet doctors know?
My understanding is that the damage done is known within less than a year.

It can do extensive long term damage but it won't be "hidden" damage that pops up later in life.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Very encouraging news coming from Travis Frederick. Like all of us, I'll be strongly pulling for him to return to the OL lineup ASAP. Good luck and the best of wishes go out to him to return to the team better than ever. I have nothing but great admiration for his persistence to recover.