Trevor Lawrence Sweepstakes update

exciter

Reaction score
That's the problem... they are willing to break the bank and spend all that money on a good (not great) qb that has shown he can't win with the defense that we currently have. We need that money that he wants to invest in MULTIPLE pieces for the defense.
Oh please, Dak is a top 5 QB in the league at this point. This team is going to pay him, just like every other team in the league pays their franchise QB. Might want to prepare yourself for that reality.... it’s coming!

starfrombirth

Reaction score
Oh please, Dak is a top 5 QB in the league at this point. This team is going to pay him, just like every other team in the league pays their franchise QB. Might want to prepare yourself for that reality.... it’s coming!
might want to prepare yourself for this teams continuing ineptitude. ... Just because I can see Jerry and co. doing exactly what your saying doesn't mean I see it as the right thing to do. You can like Dak all you want (and I do like him) but that doesn't make him as good as Mahomes or Rodgers or Brady who have the ability to lift their team to wins. Dak was on a record pace this year and we were still losing... because we don't have a defense. sad but true.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Unfortunately we don't need a QB. We need to trade as many of the over played players on this team as possible after the season if not sooner. Jerry messed up letting Byron Jones go; he cannot make the same mistake with Dak. DLaw and Zeke are on the top of my list for trade bait to pick up additional picks in next years draft.
We need a QB just some people are easily fooled by inflated numbers.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
The last time we heard this much anointing about a QB was Andrew Luck.

Luck was very good but not transcendent and certainly didn’t live up to the hype. And given all the other holes on this roster, by the time the team would be ready to go, with a rookie QB, it would be time to get a new OL again.

The window for this team is 2-3 years with current core. Put some tape on the defense and win KC style. Anything with Lawrence sets the franchise back 2-3 years.

exciter

Reaction score
might want to prepare yourself for this teams continuing ineptitude. ... Just because I can see Jerry and co. doing exactly what your saying doesn't mean I see it as the right thing to do. You can like Dak all you want (and I do like him) but that doesn't make him as good as Mahomes or Rodgers or Brady who have the ability to lift their team to wins. Dak was on a record pace this year and we were still losing... because we don't have a defense. sad but true.
Looking at the last 3 games it seems Dak was doing plenty of lifting. Hell he was the only reason the team looked remotely competant. Get your unquestioned team leader signed and build around him!

BigTimeBlues

Reaction score
The window for this team is 2-3 years with current core. Put some tape on the defense and win KC style. Anything with Lawrence sets the franchise back 2-3 years.
But wouldn't "KC style" be drafting a 1st round QB, shore up the defense with some solid talent and winning a Super Bowl 2 years later?

ItzKelz

Reaction score
We need a QB just some people are easily fooled by inflated numbers.
The fact is that right now Dak is the best player on our team and one of the most valuable players in the league to his team. This is evident with him not being on the field at all to put up any numbers at all.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Bad news fellows on the draft the quarterback front. Daniel Jones is terrible. He has cost the Giants three games this year including the game against the Cowboys. The GMen should have 3 victories at least but Danny Dimes keeps turning the ball over. Looking at their schedule they may not win another game. With the Jets and Jacksonville tanking on purpose the highest draft choice we could get is four.:mad::(

Philmonroe

Reaction score
The fact is that right now Dak is the best player on our team and one of the most valuable players in the league to his team. This is evident with him not being on the field at all to put up any numbers at all.
The fact is you're hyping up a best player that was on a team that was 1-3 before his injury. Yeah I'm not impressed by those types of best players because you take him out and guess what we're still no different. Unless you're a fantasy football person and or one of the Dallas DakBoys who cares about inflate stats. The one game that was close he didn't come close to putting those types of numbers up but y'all just aren't adept enough to understand that simple fact.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
The fact is you're hyping up a best player that was on a team that was 1-3 before his injury. Yeah I'm not impressed by those types of best players because you take him out and guess what we're still no different. Unless you're a fantasy football person and or one of the Dallas DakBoys who cares about inflate stats. The one game that was close he didn't come close to putting those types of numbers up but y'all just aren't adept enough to understand that simple fact.
You don't need best players so why draft?

phildadon86

Reaction score
We can fix the defense and make it somewhat good in one draft. The problems with the defense can be fixed with one good to very good player at each level. Parsons, A safety, and a DT in FA fixes this defense. Or at least stops it from allowing 40 plus points a game.