Twitter: Trip to San Diego a sign of Dak progressing as a leader

glimmerman

Reaction score
He hit up JJ for that money. He don’t make enough to pay for all that. Unless the endorsements are really paying off. Lol.

khiladi

Reaction score
This isn't the issue with Dak. He's a good dude and natural leader of men.

It’s standard for plenty of QBs. Watson did the same thing last summer and is doing it again this year. I’d trade Dak for Watson in a heart-beat.

“Oh, yeah, we got together last summer,” Smith said. “We get together this summer to throw, build chemistry in a new environment or different environment with Deshaun and just have fun.”

The former Division II Limestone College product will meet with Watson out in Los Angeles for the throwing sessions.

https://texanswire.usatoday.com/201...s-voluntary-throwing-sessions-deshaun-watson/

GMO415

Reaction score
Hahaha and people claim Dak hasn't evolved and he's the reason Dallas hasn't progressed.

khiladi

Reaction score
Mariota cant stay healthy. Very romoesque

Romo was very healthy in his early years, while Garrett and his long-developing passing routes with no ability to field a consistent running game kept getting Romo killed. Dak would have been dumped after his first year in those circumstances. He probably wouldn’t have lasted three games.

That being said, that has nothing to do with the point, which is plenty of QBs, including young ones, do things like this.

GMO415

Reaction score
Romo was very healthy in his early years, while Garrett and his long-developing passing routes with no ability to field a consistent running game kept getting Romo killed. Dak would have been dumped after his first year in those circumstances. He probably wouldn’t have lasted three games.
Linehan developed an offense to enhance Dak's skills when he was a rookie. Every OC should do the same.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
As usual, the Dak is a leader narrative (a narrative conveniently attached to players of lesser ability) continues to grow. Maybe Dak is a great leader, but that certainly isn’t anything that anyone but the players should know. The trips are nice I’m sure, but it sounds like someone just read a book by Peyton Manning or something.
Dak is such an incredible leader that the suspensions continue to grow, and his best friend on the team is a holdout and the biggest knucklehead of all. That’s leadership!

Hennessy_King

Reaction score

That being said, that has nothing to do with the point, which is plenty of QBs, including young ones, do things like this.
If you say so. 2008, 2010, 2013, 2015 we missed the playoffs due to him not being available

khiladi

Reaction score
Linehan developed an offense to enhance Dak's skills when he was a rookie. Every OC should do the same.

You mean he dumbed it down and defenses adjusted on the second year. In college, the OC at Mississippi State did similar. OC work within limitations, but sometimes the limitations are too much to overcome.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
You mean he dumbed it down and defenses adjusted on the second year. In college, the OC at Mississippi State did similar. OC work within limitations, but sometimes the limitations are too much to overcome.
I know terrible coordinators, and one of the worst wr corps in the league, plus the most expensive o line in the league underperforming will do that. He was still the best player on the team in every playoff game hes been in

khiladi

Reaction score
If you say so. 2008, 2010, 2013, 2015 we missed the playoffs due to him not being available

Actually, Romo player in the last game in 2008 when we were officially eliminated.

And like I said, any other QB, where we had free runners coming at the QB on a regular because of Garrett sending guys directly into cover 2 deep, which is how teams defended us regularly, wouldn’t have survived and Dak would have lasted three games.

And you guys complain about Linehan.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Actually, Romo player in the last game in 2008 when we were officially eliminated.

And like I said, any other QB, where we had free runners coming at the QB on a regular because of Garrett sending guys directly into cover 2 deep, which is how teams defended us regularly, wouldn’t have survived and Dak would have lasted three games.

And you guys complain about Linehan.
Zzzzzzzzzzz daks line last year was worse than anything romo played behind and we made the playoffs

khiladi

Reaction score
I know terrible coordinators, and one of the worst wr corps in the league, plus the most expensive o line in the league underperforming will do that. He was still the best player on the team in every playoff game hes been in

Dak is the guy that said he didn’t need a number 1. You guys blamed the prior season on Dez and Dak trying to force it to him. I heard all off-season how Hurns would replace Dez and not have that noise and I also heard how moving Beasley to the edge would work wonders. Dak’s supposed greatness was to take what the defense gives him and not force the ball.

The excuses keep changing for Dak. It’s almost like the excuses for Lebron, except Lebron is one of the all-time greats in his profession.

khiladi

Reaction score
Zzzzzzzzzzz daks line last year was worse than anything romo played behind and we made the playoffs

So bad that they had the number one ranked rushing attack in football every year Dak has been here and Dak gets to see stacked boxes more than any other QB because of Zeke..

Yeah OK buddy, keep telling yourself that..