News: Troy Aikman doubles down

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Man-this idiot has cost us numerous Super Bowls! Troy would of had at least two more rings. Romo might of had a couple. That's what happens when you let Jerry "the wino" own your team.
th
:facepalm: Screw this MORON!!! I'm not even gonna post about this idiot anymore. It's a waste of precious brain cells.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
somebody in the media needs to say it, should have long ago.
So kudos to troy for saying the truth finally, I think he is just tired of the same dysfunctional cowboys as we are.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Aikman is totally destroying what loving relationship he's had over the years with Jerry.

Tough love is what Jerry needs. He may not want to hear the truth...but it needs to be said. How many more years is Jerry willing to try this until he finally admits failure? Just like a fighter that needs to be told the fight is over....sometimes you gotta save someone from themselves. We might be reaching that point w/ Jerry. :rolleyes:

Beats_By_Zeke

Reaction score
It's called being financially set and over the age of 50. You start saying what you really think and don't give a hoot who likes it.
I’m half his age and say what I think.
It’s effecting my atmosphere how ever.

kskboys

Reaction score
Remember back in 08 when Brad Johnson couldn't even throw 15 yards in practice? But we still kept him over Matt Moore.

loublue22

Reaction score
I think Troy would love a shot to do what Elway did for his organization, and is probably a little annoyed that he knows he'll never get that shot, for a variety of likely dumb reasons.

CapnB

Reaction score
Troy is still pee'd over the firing of Jimmy Johnson. And rightfully so.
He said once how (paraphrasing) disappointing it was after being taught to be so determined and believe, how frustrating it was that Jerry and Jimmy didn't practice what they'd preached to the players and they never got to see how much success they really could have had.

I guess he would be if Jimmy was actually fired. Why do people still think this??

leeblair

Reaction score
I guess he would be if Jimmy was actually fired. Why do people still think this??
Because technically, he was.
Jerry had to let Jimmy out of the contract he was in.
One of the people who were there said Jimy found a way to make Jerry fire him. Jerry proposed a toast to the Cowboys coaches and Jimmy ignored it in front of several people.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
That's a good point. I wonder if Garrett is relaying some dirt to him.
I've always been sure Garrett has been leaking info to his media friends going back to when he was OC.

As far as to Troy in particular, I have no doubt. How else would Troy know about any inner workings? It's clear he's no friend of the Joneses and has had a beef with the organization for many years now.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
There should be one voice and it should come from the head coach,” Aikman said. “The players should know that. The owner ultimately makes the decisions, we all know that. He’s the one who signs off. But I think there has to be one voice and one person the players answer to.”

Shinaoi

Reaction score
I don’t know if he was talking about Jerry in that last tweet, maybe not, but it could certainly apply.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Aikman has a great gig. He'd have to either be bored or supercompetitive to leave the Fox booth for the headaches of being a GM, especially one for the Cowboys.
Troy has expressed interest being involved in an executive position with a team stating he still has a firing burning competitively.

Obviously it wouldn’t be with the Cowboys with Jerry. Lol