Twitter: Troy Aikman on Cee Dee Lamb

basel90

Reaction score
Do you understand why QBs need to check down?
. It is a tool for mediocre for bad and hesitant QBs . It gives them instant relief from lack of field vision or having to process the defensive alignment . It also gives them higher empty calorie completion stats .

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
. It is a tool for mediocre for bad and hesitant QBs . It gives them instant relief from lack of field vision or having to process the defensive alignment . It also gives them higher empty calorie completion stats .
Nope! But I'm not at all surprised.

BobSacamano

Reaction score
Not everyone can use the patented Catch17 formula for assessing how accurate a QB is.

Because no one knows your secret method, completion %, typically considered the gold standard for assessing QB accuracy, is all we've got.
Lol

kwcool619

Reaction score
Plenty of folk on here, only to start backtracking and pretending like they never said it. Guys on here literally compared him to Brady. It’s like the folk on here claiming Garrett has always been a problem, while when he was here, used to call him the next Tom Landry.

I even read posts that mentioned Dak is better than Brady, Mahomes, Rodgers, Big Ben and "is in the top three." Some posts are so ridiculous that I just don't respond.

Garrett? 10 long years. I will stick to Garrett's popcorn.

basel90

Reaction score
Nope! But I'm not at all surprised.
we you shouldn't be surprised as you are one of those who called him elite and worthy 40 mil plus. Well, we got him for that and now we are out of the Playoffs as you can see. Much cheaper QBs are still leading their teams on the road to the super bowl.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
we you shouldn't be surprised as you are one of those who called him elite and worthy 40 mil plus. Well, we got him for that and now we are out of the Playoffs as you can see. Much cheaper QBs are still leading their teams on the road to the super bowl.
Show me where I said the above bold. I want a link to that quote. Go.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
not going to do any search. you know you said he was elite. are you changing your opinion on dak ?
Nope, you're making things up. You have to lie. You don't have it in you to see a different perspective or opinion.

In fact, I've posted repeatedly, that the word elite is misused and watered down to mean a group of players, when all along I've stated elite is the best of the best. Like a Brady or Rodgers. I've posted that dozens of times.

So, you're a liar. Sad.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
Per the Dak-stans on this site, we run a lot of comeback routes. I thought the scheme was the problem.

I thought Lamb sucks.

So is it Moore’s fault that Dak isn’t throwing against single coverage when he sees it?

Is Aikman saying Dak’s stats are inflated because e got WRs that can win their one on one matchups all day long?

I mean isn’t that what Amari said? Throw me the damn ball, because I got opportunities?

Isn’t that what Dez said, but he was declared a cancer. I though Dak’s ‘shining glory’ was in the fact he doesn’t ‘force the ball’ to a single WR and he didn’t need a number 1 And he ‘takes what the defense gives him”…

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...the-league-necessarily-needs-a-no-1-receiver/

How many excuses you going to make for your ‘elite’ QB?
they will blame someone else and leave the weakest link( Dak)

basel90

Reaction score
Nope, you're making things up. You have to lie. You don't have it in you to see a different perspective or opinion.

In fact, I've posted repeatedly, that the word elite is misused and watered down to mean a group of players, when all along I've stated elite is the best of the best. Like a Brady or Rodgers. I've posted that dozens of times.

So, you're a liar. Sad.
name calling is for the weak and those who lack moral highground . You seem you like to hide and hide. enjoy

DUO_CORE

Reaction score
If the OC calls a pass play that results in 1 on 1 coverage against a talented receiver like Lamb, that's a win. It's now up to the QB to deliver the ball and the receiver to catch it.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

I looked at that tweet thread and literally found a sentient dunce cap. If you are on this board, I implore you, stick to Game of Thrones and Vampire cosplay. Football isn't for you.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Troy, why don't you offer to help instead of running your mouth all the time.You are just like the rest of us that are not on the sideline.You are navitive about anything they do.

So shut your month, put up or shut up. All you are is a lot of mouth. You wouldn't survive in today's NFL let alone with Dallas's Offensive Line!

TheHerd

Reaction score
Brady lives on the check down. I don’t want to hear it doesn’t work. Knowing when to check down is a critical skill

basel90

Reaction score
Brady lives on the check down. I don’t want to hear it doesn’t work. Knowing when to check down is a critical skill
seriously mentioning brady in the same sentence with Dak ???
Dak is a mediocre QB who plays well when the running game is doing well and the defense he is facing is soft. Otherwise he folds. Dak is in danger of becoming the most disappointing and expensive QB in dallas history at his current salary.

TheHerd

Reaction score
seriously mentioning brady in the same sentence with Dak ???
Dak is a mediocre QB who plays well when the running game is doing well and the defense he is facing is soft. Otherwise he folds. Dak is in danger of becoming the most disappointing and expensive QB in dallas history at his current salary.
I didn’t mention Dak. Jeez.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Again this comes back to a lack of football IQ on Dak Prescott. Not a lack of intelligence, but football IQ and a natural understanding of the game. I also think the three interceptions he threw for the Bulldogs against Alabama in 2014 changed him to the current ultra conservative QB.

I say lack of coaching....

basel90

Reaction score
Interesting....where are the coaches, pounding this over and over. One word......accountability. Some players need hard coaching....

I agree with Troy and Cee Dee needs to be targeted 7-10 times a game .
But wasn't Troy the one who pushed for Dak to be paid 40 Mil +. in the offseason during the heated contract negociations ?