Twitter: Troy Aikman on Cee Dee Lamb

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You really are clueless if you think completion % means anything now days. Everyone throws for 60%. It’s not impressive. But you’re clueless so your ignorance makes sense.

Over half the league completes 65% of their passes. It’s not meaningful.

Quit looking at Dak’s stats and watch him play a team that doesn’t suck.
Yeah but only 3 people have a higher completion rate than Dak but let me guess those guys are accurate but Dak isn’t…everybody is accurate but Dak lol.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Yeah but only 3 people have a higher completion rate than Dak but let me guess those guys are accurate but Dak isn’t…everybody is accurate but Dak lol.

No.. The number is meaningless and doesn’t mean anything unless it’s alarmingly low.

A high completion percentage doesn’t mean you’re some incredibly accurate QB.

You can easily manipulate the number by just not taking risks with the ball. Duh.

glimmerman

Reaction score
The secondary was supposed to be the weakness. Run quicker plays and make them play up and take a shot. They were gettin home with 4. Screens. Even a toss play..

MajesticRey

Reaction score
If you are relatively new to the site, you haven’t. But it’s been said multiple times he was elite and compared to guys like Tom Brady. Now a lot of these same posters are acting like they never claimed he was top-tier, while defending him for years like a top-tier QB.
I’m relatively new. Last time I frequented a message board was when DC.com was around (what happened to that forum?).

Started visiting this MB this season.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
No.. The number is meaningless and doesn’t mean anything unless it’s alarmingly low.

A high completion percentage doesn’t mean you’re some incredibly accurate QB.

You can easily manipulate the number by just not taking risks with the ball. Duh.
Oh ok so how is Dak manipulating his completion rate? I’d love to hear this lol.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
Those two haven't been on the same page for over a month. It got to the point where every time he was targeted I was sure it would be an incompletion.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
dis-gon-be-good-gif-lawn-chair-3.gif

LOL, the truth hurts.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Moore failed this season when it mattered most. The offense took steps back at the beginning of November and he had 10 weeks to fix things. He couldn’t.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Yeah if a receiver does that he’s not for the NFL….that may be ok for a high school player but that’s the crap that got Dez cut….not giving his all and then when the ball comes his way he drops it.
Randy Moss did it too. But he was SUPER TALENTED so he got a pass.
Again, I'm not saying it's right. But it happens more often than not.
Couple that with the fact that it's almost impossible to go all-out EVERY play. Players know this and pick their spots when to loaf. Shrug.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
That’s the question
Are they getting open
Just because a guy has single coverage doesn’t mean he’s getting open
If that were the case (it's not) then it still wouldn't be Moore's fault. If he's calling plays that are getting his receivers single coverage then he's done his job. He can't run the routes for them. That being said, the film shows people open. Dak needs to get the ball to them.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
Other teams get like 5-10 VERY EASY plays every game where they just flip it to a wide open receiver who takes it 8-10 yards. For some reason every play we run looks like an immense struggle. Moore is not helping us in this department.

other teams also throw it deep 5-10 times a game. If you hav single coverage you should at least take a couple shots deep a game. Just for the potential pass interference penalties.

Ceedee vs a lesser corner I’d take that matchup all game.that’s what aikman is trying to say.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
other teams also throw it deep 5-10 times a game. If you hav single coverage you should at least take a couple shots deep a game. Just for the potential pass interference penalties.

Ceedee vs a lesser corner I’d take that matchup all game.that’s what aikman is trying to say.

I totally agree. The second half of the season Dallas just simply refused to take deep shots which is ridiculous with the receivers on this team.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Dak was terrified to throw the ball though Troy. That’s the difference.

He can’t let go of the ball until he sees a WR wide open.

WRs and QB not in sync when he came back from calf injury , a lot of missed throws , dropped balls. And Dak wont attempt any long throws unless he see the WR completely open .