Troy Aikman sees another frontier beyond TV

Reaction score
could be a match made in heaven.......Troy's needing his next challenge and from a RESULTS perspective, our FO is not reaching its goals.........

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/04/16/troy-aikman-sees-another-frontier-beyond-tv/

Matt Millen. John Elway. John Lynch. Troy Aikman?

The Hall of Fame quarterback, who retired after the 2000 season, apparently has the itch to run an NFL team. That’s what he suggested during a recent appearance on The Doomsday Podcast from Ed Werder and Matt Mosley, via Peter King of SI.com.

“I do believe there is another frontier for me beyond television,” Aikman said.

Jumbo075

Reaction score
I think he would be good at it.........but the hours won't be as cushy as his current gig.

Not sure the hours in his current gig are as cushy as it may appear. By all accounts, Aikman spends an awful lot of time preparing for the games each week, so it may match the time he spent preparing for games as a player - just that this time it is in film study, and research rather than game preparation.

In my experience, a 3-hour performance takes an awful lot of preparation if it's to be done effectively. Not sure how much time that is, but it's more than riding in the morning of the game, and riding home that evening.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
It would be smart of him to start keeping an eye towards his post-broadcasting career. He's been doing it for a long time now, eventually FOX will go for new blood...whether it's 5 or 10 years from now. Maybe Troy wouldn't like being bumped to the #2 or #3 team when that happens but it will. If Peyton ever gets in the game, I think they'd make him the lead analyst. Russell Wilson will be sought after when his career is over too...they already have him taking over for those ESPN Gruden QB specials.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not sure the hours in his current gig are as cushy as it may appear. By all accounts, Aikman spends an awful lot of time preparing for the games each week, so it may match the time he spent preparing for games as a player - just that this time it is in film study, and research rather than game preparation.

In my experience, a 3-hour performance takes an awful lot of preparation if it's to be done effectively. Not sure how much time that is, but it's more than riding in the morning of the game, and riding home that evening.

I'm sure there is prep time. But, he only works half the year, and there are no scripts to memorize. A GM gig is 365 days a year. I don't think thats an issue for Troy b/c he truly loves football and is probably ready for a bigger challenge.

erod

Reaction score
Translation: Romo is better than me at this, too, so I'd better go find another gig.

Hardline

Reaction score
He should do a lecture circuit on the topic of when the Cowboys were a great franchise.