Audio: Troy had some doozies on todays Troy Aikman Show - full show posted here

links18

Reaction score
Aikman is a professional and it shows. He is basically calling out the entire organization without sounding like some maniac ranting talking head ala Steven A. Smith or Skip Bayless. This organization could use a dose of substance and professionalism that Troy would bring.

ZekeTrain

Reaction score
You can tell he's as frustrated with Jerry, et al as many of us. He talks about what he feels the problem has been the last 20+ years, thinks things have just gotten worse and its refreshing to hear.

Heres the full show (expresses his exasperation around the 5 minute mark):

Troy has been frustrated since Jimmy was fired. The team has had ZERO discipline ever since. That is all on Jerrah.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Ready for Jerry to name Troy to some position with the team.

I don't care which position just somewhere in the building.

I would love if he took a John Elway type position.

If it doesn't work out, he'll be able to get back into broadcasting, but I remember him mentioning something in the past about broadcasting not being fulfilling enough. Basically he was saying he won a Super Bowl, so broadcasting one just wasn't a fulfilling experience for him. But maybe building a Super Bowl roster will be

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Most know that Jerry and his press conferences and radio shows undermines the coach.

Unfortunately, that likely will not change. So we have to hope for the next best thing.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think it will depend on the coach that he gets. If he gets one who has proven success, then I think he'll let him essentially run the show like he did with Parcells. If he brings in an unproven coach, then Jerry will interject himself into the football operations more
He will not hire any HC and let him run the show.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What we have here is a problem with only one solution and we're not even sure of that, depends on how much the son is like the father.

Booger has made himself into the face of the franchise, multiple shots of his suite are required at every home game and not just NFL. You will not see a TV game without a shot of him.

He is the Cowboys, he is the stadium, he is un adulterated ego...it is all about him. I think Aikman's most interesting comment was that Booger can't wait to get to the TV camera and mic after any game, win or lose. Some of his comments will spark questions that the HC will head off at the pass with "we'll have to look at the film". There's a very good reason no other GM or owner will answer questions, especially after a loss. They're fearful emotion will play a hand in their answer.

Aikman is not breaking any new ground there but he is stopping short of laying it all where it belongs because of his job at Fox. Owners are hands off, even if they screw up as we saw with his strippergate, Irsay and Kraft.

yimyammer

Reaction score
I still say he's mostly covering for his BFF Jason. He doesn't like Jerry but he didn't defend other coaches the same way.

Yes, Jerry is a problem, but even Troy slipped and admitted how bad the coaching was in the New England game. That part isn't on Jerry unless you somehow believe Jerry is sabotaging punt blocking and kick returns.

Also, he made it sound like fans get impatient and want a new coach every year. It's been a decade of this guy. A decade.

Oh, there's plenty of criticism to go around but it starts at the top and unless that changes, no Super Bowls for you Cowboy fans (IMNSHO)!

I don't believe his point is to defend Garrett (although as a friend I can see where he might want to temper his tone), he's indicting the owner/GM/front office

As Troy said today:

"
"...but I do feel that this team, based on the level of talent, should be playing better than they are and, uh, but, but we've been saying that a lot of years, I mean that's what I say, there's more to it, you cant just simply say: ah well lets, lets fire this coach and lets fire this guy and then, then everything is gonna be great.

Well why?

Why, why would you believe that?

Because that has not yet been the case in a long time, we can go through the numbers of teams that we've thought were really talented that have not lived up to expectations, does that make those coaches bad coaches?

Well, it does in Dallas..I mean that seems to be the general feeling.

I just think that there's..I've said it many times I think it has to be addressed from top to bottom and until that happens, I think we'll continue to go down this spiral that we've been doing for 20 years and, and every year its kind of the same song and dance and then we get in the off season and here's the sacrificial lamb, here's why its going to be better this year"

yimyammer

Reaction score
Here's a few fun quotes I transcribed:

THE TICKET: ...The structure is still there, do you thinks its improved any now from say 5-10 years ago:

TROY: "No, I dont think so, I think maybe in some ways, its uh, maybe in some ways its gotten worse.."

Other Troy Quotes:

"The front office hasn't been great in allowing coaches to do their job"

"The business of business is, it seems to me, is more important than the business of football until game day and then its, hey, why aren't we winning.."

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
MEANWHILE in Philly....
3ia5wk.jpg
https://imgflip.com/memegenerator

yimyammer

Reaction score
Jimmy said it best in his interview. He said when he won the first Super Bowl Jerry was off trying to pay back the loan he took out to buy the team so he wasn't too involved. After the first Super Bowl he came in and told Jimmy it was paid back. He also said that playing in Dallas brings so much attention that the players eat the cheese and they haven't really done anything.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I don't believe his point is to defend Garrett (although as a friend I can see where he might want to temper his tone), he's indicting the owner/GM/front office
I do. It's possible to do both things at once. He's been mad at Jerry since his playing days, for sure.

But Friends of Garrett in the media have been a problem here for a long time. Troy, Moose, Babe... even Norm is defending him as I type this.

I guess we should just keep Jason for another 10 years since the coach doesn't matter here. *

*Which again, I don't remember hearing Pre-Jason.

Last edited: