Audio: Troy had some doozies on todays Troy Aikman Show - full show posted here

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Yet twice he overruled Parcells. With T.O and Ware.

From everything I've read, he didn't overrule Parcells. He just did what he wanted to do and Parcells didn't put up a fight on those two things. Concerning Owens, Parcells was the one who got his agent in contact with Jones. As far as the draft goes, articles say that Parcells was the only one in the war room who wanted to take Spears first. Jones made the final decision, but he did it based on input from those in the room.

Dre11

Reaction score
From everything I've read, he didn't overrule Parcells. He just did what he wanted to do and Parcells didn't put up a fight on those two things. Concerning Owens, Parcells was the one who got his agent in contact with Jones. As far as the draft goes, articles say that Parcells was the only one in the war room who wanted to take Spears first. Jones made the final decision, but he did it based on input from those in the room.

Parcells wanted Shawn Merriman. Jones got Ware, And from what I remember Parcells didn't want Owens, which is why he never called him by name.

Dre11

Reaction score

thought that might be the case myself....

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

Cowboys | Sources say Parcells did not want Owens

Wed, 29 Mar 2006 15:43:13 -0800

Gary Myers, of the New York Daily News, reports Dallas Cowboys head coach Bill Parcells was not in agreement with owner Jerry Jones about signing WR Terrell Owens, according to sources. Parcells was absent from the annual NFC coaches breakfast Wednesday, March 29, at the NFL spring meetings in Lake Buena Vista, Fla.

Dre11

Reaction score

yes it was Spears, but he was overruled nonetheless.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/201...nes-got-it-right-with-demarcus-ware-nfl-draft

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
When he says changing the coach won't make much difference, yeah, I think he's covering for his buddy.

It's not like this is some huge conspiracy theory. He's been mad at Jerry for 20 years. Garrett is his good friend. This isn't that complicated.

CapnB

Reaction score
Just wonder why its refreshing to hear? People have been bashing them for over 2 decades now (Media, fans, old cowboy players). Only folks that haven't been are the folks inside the star. This isn't anything we haven't heard before.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Parcells wanted Shawn Merriman. Jones got Ware, And from what I remember Parcells didn't want Owens, which is why he never called him by name.
Right? Didn't he invariably call TO "the player"?

pitt33

Reaction score
Troy has been frustrated since Jimmy was fired. The team has had ZERO discipline ever since. That is all on Jerrah.
And Bradshaw mentioned on the FOX show a while ago how “the team hasn’t been relevant since you left”...and he was looking right at Jimmy when he said it.

dreghorn2

Original Zoner (he's a good boy!)
Reaction score
I challenge you to find a single thread crediting Garret with building anything. Its a strawman argument and simply not true. Garret is just the symptom of an organization that has no idea how to win.

Seriously, not in any way a joke, where have you been?

This board has had page after page of Garrett arguments about whether he has been responsible for any of the good that has transpired under his watch. His offense, his organizational skills, RKGs, draft getting better, reeling Jerry in etc.. etc.. ad nauseum

In face it has probably been the most argued/discussed point on this boards for 10 years.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Troy hates Jerry. Blames him for cutting his career short. Jerry knows it would be suicide to take Aikman on. More players need to speak out about this clown show.

jjktkk

Reaction score
And Ware was obviously the correct choice, so I that instance I was glad Jerry overrode his HC.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
But really, he was hammering Jerry more here.

He says we could fire yet another head coach, but what difference would it make if things don't change at the top.
He still thinks Jerry undermines the coach. Not on purpose, but just by being Jerry and talking to the press all the time.

Seemed like Troy said "20 years" a lot. That's Jerry.

willia451

Reaction score
"I do feel that this team, based on the level of talent should be playing better than they are. But we've been saying that a lot of years. There is more to it. You can't just simply say well let's just fire this coach and let's fire this guy then everything is going to be great. Why? Why would you believe that? Because that has not yet been the case in a long time. We can go through the numbers of teams that we thought were really talented that have not lived up to expectations. Does that make those coaches bad coaches? Well, it does in Dallas. I mean, that seems to be the general feeling. I just think, I've said it many times, I think it has to be addressed from top to bottom. And until that happens I think we are going to continue to go down this spiral that we've been going for 20 years. And every year it's kind of the same song and dance. And we get in the off season and here's the sacrificial lamb (human sacrifice) and here is why it's going to be better this year and it's not. So........I'm as interested as anybody to see how it all plays out over the next 4 weeks."

ZO0Vg0w.gif

Duane

Reaction score
Going to paraphrase something I wrote on Reddit not that long ago:

This is 100% on Jerry. And it's on Jerry because he was infatuated with Jason from the start.

Garrett is a former player, Ivy League education, family ties to the organization (dad was a longtime scout for the team). So he checked all the boxes Jerry wanted. And I don’t think he wanted to let, who he envisioned as, the next Sean Payton go. He made Jason OC prematurely, then we he fired Wade mid season he promoted his coach in waiting prematurely as well.​

So Jerry has this sunk cost in Jason, so much invested in someone he hand picked that he's let the mediocrity slide for going on 10 years. For whatever reason he's come to his breaking point and will not renew Garrett's contract. Which, at the end of the year, be as close as Jones can let himself come to firing his "next great Cowboy coach".