Audio: Troy had some doozies on todays Troy Aikman Show - full show posted here

cern

Reaction score
troy seems to subtly be representing garrett. telling all other teams how great garrett would be as a head coach if not for jerry's meddling. the two are good friends and have been for a long time. it's understandable. troy could be right. as for me, I've seen nothing great about garrett as a head coach.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One thing for sure, Aikman has certainly started some dialogue on these sports talks shows that Booger would just as soon not hear. Going to be interesting to see if this catches even more legs with a loss in CHI.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You're being obtuse now. Do you think he was going to sign a cheap contract?
That’s the point. I responded by your words. It’s important how to present.

And I’d argue there were better ways to handle the entire situation.

Beginning with if Jerry was going to buckle with franchising Dez then we should have just signed him to begin with and Franchised Murray.

And then we fell short because of our arrogance of OL thinking Randle would be fine.

Jerry bundled the entire situation.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
troy seems to subtly be representing garrett. telling all other teams how great garrett would be as a head coach if not for jerry's meddling. the two are good friends and have been for a long time. it's understandable. troy could be right. as for me, I've seen nothing great about garrett as a head coach.
Or Booger as a GM. The incompetent seldom hire the competent and often do not even recognize competency.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
One thing for sure, Aikman has certainly started some dialogue on these sports talks shows that Booger would just as soon not hear. Going to be interesting to see if this catches even more legs with a loss in CHI.
It will . It’s going to totally blow up.

It’s the same crap many of us have been spewing for years and some notable locals in media. It just grasps more air and national attention coming from Troy.

cern

Reaction score
and there's no ambiguity to the recent criticisms. future players and coaches for the cowboys will have to sign non-disclosure agreements.

cern

Reaction score
Or Booger as a GM. The incompetent seldom hire the competent and often do not even recognize competency.
if I had to rate them, i'd say garrett was a better head coach than jerry was a gm. granted, that's setting the bar at a limbo level.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
This isn’t just about Garrett. This is about a generation of GMing with how many different HC’s now.

cern

Reaction score
That’s the point. I responded by your words. It’s important how to present.

And I’d argue there were better ways to handle the entire situation.

Beginning with if Jerry was going to buckle with franchising Dez then we should have just signed him to begin with and Franchised Murray.

And then we fell short because of our arrogance of OL thinking Randle would be fine.

Jerry bundled the entire situation.
he bundled his bungles.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
if I had to rate them, i'd say garrett was a better head coach than jerry was a gm. granted, that's setting the bar at a limbo level.
It’s really hard to measure here against other NFL venues.

We do know that Bill had his worst success here of all 4 stops.

I think we should use the other HC’s this era under Jerry as a measurement.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
and there's no ambiguity to the recent criticisms. future players and coaches for the cowboys will have to sign non-disclosure agreements.
Yep

Remember what Bill said” you must convince Jerry to go against his instincts”.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Problem is Jerry brings in just enough talent for him to promote his brand. But he over hypes it then looks for scapegoats to explain why it doesn’t meet his expectations .

All while undermining and controlling the coaching staff and creating a country club atmosphere for his players.

Note how he never points out players. .

cern

Reaction score
the cowboys did well under the great jimmy because jerry was held in check. but jimmy saw the writing on the wall and left. since then it's been one failure after another. it all started with shante carver. jerry's one of these guys that thinks he can pick anyone's brain in a matter of minutes. but the truth is that he can't. he's mentored garrett for almost ten years. the end result was not another jimmy.

khiladi

Reaction score
And then Jerry fired Jason's brother against his wishes and took Jason away from the O and named him as over the D.

Gotta finish the story.

I actually finished the story, when I stated Jerry was FORCED by Jason’s own incompetence, as exemplified in all its glory by the end of 2012-2013 season and Romo’s new contract coming into play.

And Jerry actually didn’t ‘publicly like fire John, like he did every other position coach on the team including Skip Peete, showing how much Jerry loves the Garrett clan.

so instead of me ‘finishing the story’, how about you read properly from the beginning?

And like I said multiple times, Jerry basically retained Garrett despite declaring him in 2014 as essentially a walk-around HC who deals with ambiguity well. He never gave him control of the defense, he basically said he could forbid his time there in an ambiguous role, meaning Jerry was forced to completely remove Garrett from the equation, particularly after he kept interfering with Callahan.

If anything, Jerry has spent a decade tolerating Garrett’s ineptitude and in fact, tries to latch on for any excuse to retain him. Jerry has no problems giving credit to Garrett and scapegoating others.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I actually finished the story, when I stated Jerry was FORCED by Jason’s own incompetence, as exemplified in all its glory by the end of 2012-2013 season and Romo’s new contract coming into play.

And Jerry actually didn’t ‘publicly like fire John, like he did every other position coach on the team including Skip Peter, showing how much Jerry loves the Garrett clan.
It's funny, isn't it? Jerry did give Jason what he wanted. Then when Jason proved incapable, instead of firing him like anyone else would do, Jerry tried to cover for him in every possible way.

But Jerry is the one holding back Jason's greatness. Not even giving him a chance to succeed.

It's really hilarious.

khiladi

Reaction score
It's funny, isn't it? Jerry did give Jason what he wanted. Then when Jason proved incapable, instead of firing him like anyone else would do, Jerry tried to cover for him in every possible way.

But Jerry is the one holding back Jason's greatness. Not even giving him a chance to succeed.

It's really hilarious.

The reality is any other coach would have been fired. Jason was supposed to be known as an ‘offensive mastermind” and he failed at it completely.

It took Callahan, via the run game, basically one year to gain credibility in the organization that Jerry finally decided to start wresting control away from Jason and give Callahan play-calling duties. It also was most likely Romo forcing the hand with the new contract, thus Jerry’s reference to Romo being given ‘Peyton Manning” responsibility. Of course Garrett lackeys tried to spin this as Romo not working hard.

in reality, Garrett never allowed Romo in game planning meetings so Jerry forced it from on top. Even the Red Genius had to spin the move as saying it made sense the QB was to be involved in the meetings, while Wade Wilson basically told it like it was, that this would now allow Romo’s concepts and influence on the offense in the game planning.

2012-2013 was a disaster offensively in terms of ineptitude by Garrett, including bottom of the league in play action and first half and red zone scoring.

khiladi

Reaction score
Plus, everybody knows Jason Garrett was the future HC of the Cowboys when he was hired before Wade, who was a stop gap for the defensive meltdowns during the Parcells era.

jerry was looking for any reason to pull the trigger on Wade and the Dallas media was basically pushing Garrett from the beginning to get Garrett on the role and basically protected the latter throughout Wade’s tenure. Even when the offense was struggling Garrett was absolved if any and all blame.

so this idea that Jerry interfered with Garrett is hogwash. Jerry gave the longest leash to Garrett of any coach in Cowboys history during the Jones era, outside Jimmy Johnson.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
You can tell he's as frustrated with Jerry, et al as many of us. He talks about what he feels the problem has been the last 20+ years, thinks things have just gotten worse and its refreshing to hear.

Heres the full show (expresses his exasperation around the 5 minute mark):

how about a youtube link , I need to dl it and it didnt show up in search.

yimyammer

Reaction score
how about a youtube link , I need to dl it and it didnt show up in search.

what do you need amigo?

if you click the title, it will open the YouTube site

esaYZbN.png

DandyDon52

Reaction score
what do you need amigo?

if you click the title, it will open the YouTube site

esaYZbN.png
I need the url to that page, I have to come here on an old browser, so it doesnt have the latest flash player,
so a youtube vid posted here does not show a link it just has a message.