Trufant signs with Lions

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Good, now they can trade us Slay.

8706547.jpg

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Gregory has been out of football two years. We have a starting defensive tackle that is on decline we just signed. We lost our best corner. Have a lb that is often injured and 34, another LB with possibly a career shortening neck injury. The other regressed. We have a d line bust with our top pick last year. Another playing in Miami that was 1st round bust. A secondary that has needed a safety for a long while. We have a mediocre hybrid end with hip issues that is eating up 9M in cap space. Other than that, we are rock solid.

Wow. Pulling hairs. Ya, losing BJones. Only thing that is so called glaring. A guy who wasn't a difference maker.

Sydla

Reaction score
Wow. Pulling hairs. Ya, losing BJones. Only thing that is so called glaring. A guy who wasn't a difference maker.

LOL.

You must have the best blue and silver glasses money can buy.

We are worse at CB than we were 48 hours ago. We are worse at DE than we were 48 hours ago. We are arguably worse at S as well, which is unfathomable when you think about it, because it appears right now the starting SS is Darian Thompson who couldn't start over Heath.

But yeah. No holes.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I could stomach a lot of these signings not going our way if they were for ridiculous money. When I see reasonable deals passed up I can’t help but wonder do we even have a plan? Deals like these are in our bargain bin range and yet we stay put. :huh:
How do you know we passed this up? Maybe we made an offer and the Lions made a better offer. Trufant wouldn't have to give the Cowboys the opportunity to out bid the Lions, and of course the Cowboys could have declined a bidding war if Trufant tried to create one. Maybe Trufant just preferred the Lions for some reason. Or, maybe the Cowboys never talked to Trufant at all.

We simply don't know, yet we act like the Cowboys have the right of first refusal on every player that becomes a free agent.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
They are looking for a day 2 pick, and Slay is up for a new contract after 2020
Next year's problem. He makes us much better in 2020 and is more valuable than any player we would add on day 2, at least initially.

In all seriousness, I'd like to acquire him for something like a 2020 3rd and a 2021 pick.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Next year's problem. He makes us much better in 2020 and is more valuable than any player we would add on day 2, at least initially.

In all seriousness, I'd like to acquire him for something like a 2020 3rd and a 2021 pick.
If the trade price winds up a 3rd, I would do it. You will likely recoup that pick in 2022

Kingofholland

Reaction score
The Trufant and Harris deals were very reasonable and we had the cap space to do it. Would have been nice to bring one in and technically we could have crossed it off the list as an immediate need.