Trysten Hill - A top 3 player on the Cowboys Defense

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Hill has been in the top 3 best performing players on defense.

Aldon Smith
Diggs
Hill
he was on the cusp of being cut, bad news in off season, adding players to the DT position...the light bulb has turned on and he has turned it around. I heard Crawford kind of took him under his wings and was his mentor teaching him what it takes to be an NFL player. hopefully the kid can just keep it going.

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
No marinelli is trash this just confirms. Also look at the raiders d line this year lol. Co worker of mine is a raiders fan we talk about bumanelli often
Marinelli was bad but this doesn't confirm anything other than the kid started taking his career seriously. You guys that look for reasons to trash dudes that aren't there - use a real reason like his defensive rankings or sack rate or turnover rate or anything legit. Tearing your hamstring by trying to stretch faulty logic just shows a lack of understanding of the game.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Marinelli was bad but this doesn't confirm anything other than the kid started taking his career seriously. You guys that look for reasons to trash dudes that aren't there - use a real reason like his defensive rankings or sack rate or turnover rate or anything legit. Tearing your hamstring by trying to stretch faulty logic just shows a lack of understanding of the game.
Nah ppl dont change. He is the same kid he was last year. Just had a terrible coach.

Praxit

Reaction score
....If Hill keeps it up till end of year. I'll be forced to buy his Jersey.. ;)..

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
You haven't been paying attention to the reports that this kid's work ethic changed. Which happens quite a bit with 21-25 year olds.
Maybe the new staff has given him some needed confidence. That's a coaches job. Not put a kid in the dog house

Kaiser

Reaction score
I said last week Hill would be the starter soon and in the Falcons game Hill and Crawford both had 39 snaps. Hill will probably be the formal starter soon, if you isolate on him he wins his matchup more often than not.

Madtowner

Reaction score
Keep in mind- Trysten turned 21 in March just prior to the draft. 2nd youngest defensive player on the Cowboys roster (Diggs is the youngest).That is realllly young for a DT in the NFL. He is going to be a terrific player for a long time, barring injury.

Last edited:

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Hill has been in the top 3 best performing players on defense.

Aldon Smith
Diggs
Hill
Who would have thought that 3 would be the building point, the core of this defense.
Outliers like Joe Thomas have something to bring as well.

Sydla

Reaction score
He really seems to be using his hands better. I noticed a couple times, he got his hands quickly on the OG or C and was able to shed him.

exciter

Reaction score
He is also very strong. He has a move where he basically bench presses the OL off of them and then swims past them.
And what about that move where he turns his back to the guard and gets pushed 3 yards downfield!

blueblood70

Reaction score
Collins, by the way, has played 70% of the Raiders defensive snaps after two games, and has a total of 1 tackle, 0 sacks.
im saying at this early part of his career Hill has a similar look when playing and when helathy Collins had some solid stats..Hills going to get better then that..so hills floor is Collins..