Trysten Hill - A top 3 player on the Cowboys Defense

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
I’m proud of Hill. He looked horrible last season. He really must’ve locked in, he looks like he’s developed into a nice player. His effort and high motor have been incredible. We might actually have to build this defense around Diggs and Hill ?

Mr_437

Reaction score
Aldon Smith
Joe Thomas
X. Woods

Trys Hill is looking like a run stopping 3T. I ain't hating on that cause they need that right now...I saw Woods n Poe together at DT last game.

The big money isn't producing, so it's time to rebuild the defense...they paid a couple duds.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Hill has been in the top 3 best performing players on defense.

Aldon Smith
Diggs
Hill
:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

Sure buddy, whatever you say.

Im not even sure that is much of a compliment at this point. I read he has been getting nothing with his pass rush. Only thing I have seen him do is break through.

Why dont you just wait for the kid to actually play really well.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I’m proud of Hill. He looked horrible last season. He really must’ve locked in, he looks like he’s developed into a nice player. His effort and high motor have been incredible. We might actually have to build this defense around Diggs and Hill ?

What exactly has he done? Here we go again with all the accolades way before its deserved. Hill has been getting pushed around like the rest of the DT's.

Just when I start actually starting to think he may not be a bust I have to hear this kind of nonsense.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Top cap hit for the high 3 defenders: Lawrence $20M, Jaylon Smith $12M, and Crawford $8M. That is 40 Large for those three.

I did not look up the actual numbers but these are probably good approximations.

Yep. The top defensive cap players are wildly underperforming their cap hits.

Defensive 3mil and Up crowd
Top 4 dline - Lawrence, Crawford, Griffen, Poe.
LBs - Jaylon, Lee+, LVE+
DBs - Brown+, Worley
+ - injured and out

Lawrence is playing the best of them, but about at Armstrong's level, while making about 20 times what he does.

Jaylon stepped it up against the Falcons, though. That was a big need. Hope he can keep it up.

Poe got a bit better. He's one of the higher cap hits. Need him to give us more too. We're in bad shape at DT.

Griffen is still underperforming too.

The defense is going to be a work in progress, and I bet big fatty Poe was the most harmed in his preparation by the lack of training. I expect him and Griffen will continue to improve.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Aldon Smith
Joe Thomas
X. Woods

Trys Hill is looking like a run stopping 3T. I ain't hating on that cause they need that right now...I saw Woods n Poe together at DT last game.

The big money isn't producing, so it's time to rebuild the defense...they paid a couple duds.

I think Hill and Woods are the DTs getting the most reps soon, probably midseason. And Hill and Gallimore are the starters next year.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
What exactly has he done? Here we go again with all the accolades way before its deserved. Hill has been getting pushed around like the rest of the DT's.

Just when I start actually starting to think he may not be a bust I have to hear this kind of nonsense.

Baby steps.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
I was one of the few that said to give tristen time and he wasn't a bust.. glad to see I was right.
good-job.jpg

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think Hill and Woods are the DTs getting the most reps soon, probably midseason. And Hill and Gallimore are the starters next year.
Snaps played vs Falcons:
A.Smith: 61
E.Griffen: 56
T.Hill: 39
T.Crawford: 39
D.Poe: 35
D.Lawrence: 28
A.Woods: 22
D.Armstrong: 20
N.Gallimore: 14
B.Anae: 3

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
While a future 3T rotation of Hill and Gallimore could be really, REALLY good, I still think they need a true 1T/NT next to them to enhance their games. I’m talking about a legit 1T that commands double teams on every snap and, yet, can hold his ground and even get the pocket pushed every play. You know, a Casey Hampton/Vince Wilfork/Ted Washington type.
Very few if any of those types of DTs in the NFL anymore.

The zone run blocking scheme and the prevalence of passing in the modern era has made them almost extinct.

The Cowboys signed one of the closest players to that mold (Poe).

Poe has been OK. For some reason fans think he sucks but he has been OK.
- He'll get tired occasionally and not look too good on those snaps but in general he has been ok.

erod

Reaction score
So far, I'm pleasantly surprised that Hill has become a useful player, by default of otherwise. Good to see.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Hill has been in the top 3 best performing players on defense.

Aldon Smith
Diggs
Hill

It’s true. He is at 39 and 39.5 pct of the defensive snaps. Clearly he is earning more. I am still iffy on his make up but he has gotten much better this season. Let’s hope he gets more snaps and keeps it up. They really need him to pan out.