Twitter: Trysten Hill Carted off | Cramping Reportedly The Cause

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
smh..... the comment abut fitness level improving as camp goes along is like saying we breath air.... no kidding, thus the sarcasm of my previous response.
Then learn how to express sarcasm in a forum by using the emojis provided... :rolleyes:

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cramps are some of the most painful things you can endure. Carting him off was just an abundance of caution to prevent more cramping if he walked off on his own.

They can be extremely painful. Almost tearfully painful at times. I try to stay hydrated, but thenTexas heat as anywhere with the heat, does not help. No matter how much you think you drink water to stay hydrated.
Then if you drink too much water to stay hydrated, then you are up taking a pee every 20 minutes as you try to sleep. :laugh:

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Looks like I lost my best Sean Lee would be the first guy to bow out of camp...:laugh:

Dre11

Reaction score
The numerous early training camp injuries over the years leads me to think all players do during the off season is lift weights and not much else. Time to rethink training programs....more cardio and gymnastics training perhaps along with weight work. Yoga wouldn't hurt either

There's absolutely no way to prevent injuries. Big bodies being made to do things they aren't made to do will cause injuries. You could be in the best health and shape but still get injured.

Hailmary

Reaction score
There's absolutely no way to prevent injuries. Big bodies being made to do things they aren't made to do will cause injuries. You could be in the best health and shape but still get injured.
I agree and disagree. Yes, injuries are certainly unavoidable in a lot of cases, in all sports. But I do feel it can be minimized significantly by shifting some of the training towards flexibility and tendon and joint strengthening. Gymnastics training is particularly interesting, focusing on tendon conditioning without sacrificing bulk. The recent rash of labrum injuries could be greatly minimized imo.
As for trystan, I didn't realize he was carted off for cramping when I posted. Not a big deal. A lot of players suffer from this the first week of TC. I bet they don't focus as much on cardio during the off season as they do lifting though.

timb2

Reaction score
Is she back at Training Camp today or is she being held out for cramps???

I expect Marinelli will have Hill try to keep up
PRIVATE-PYLE.jpg

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Thanks to the mods for changing the thread title. Definitely will prevent some hand wringing and maybe a heart attack or 2.

Dre11

Reaction score
I agree and disagree. Yes, injuries are certainly unavoidable in a lot of cases, in all sports. But I do feel it can be minimized significantly by shifting some of the training towards flexibility and tendon and joint strengthening. Gymnastics training is particularly interesting, focusing on tendon conditioning without sacrificing bulk. The recent rash of labrum injuries could be greatly minimized imo.
As for trystan, I didn't realize he was carted off for cramping when I posted. Not a big deal. A lot of players suffer from this the first week of TC. I bet they don't focus as much on cardio during the off season as they do lifting though.

But even the most flexible people along with gymnasts get injured. I would bet all these players have great cardio workouts, running is all they do.

bsbellomy

Reaction score
Cramps are some of the most painful things you can endure. Carting him off was just an abundance of caution to prevent more cramping if he walked off on his own.

Yes please explain as none of us have had muscle cramps before.

Hardline

Reaction score
They can be extremely painful. Almost tearfully painful at times. I try to stay hydrated, but thenTexas heat as anywhere with the heat, does not help. No matter how much you think you drink water to stay hydrated.
Then if you drink too much water to stay hydrated, then you are up taking a pee every 20 minutes as you try to sleep. :laugh:
Eat bananas. They help prevent cramps,.

Blake

Reaction score
Is she back at Training Camp today or is she being held out for cramps???

I expect Marinelli will have Hill try to keep up
PRIVATE-PYLE.jpg

Man... I'm glad the janitor uniforms were phased out long before I joined. Those look depressing.