Trysten Hill is not a bust

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
After the Rams game I wanted both tackle positions upgraded (assuming the problem was talent and not coaching, which I'm not entirely sold on).
All things being equal I prefer getting a better pass rush.
I'm not really sure though that Hill is up to the task.
Its coaching. Marinelli is garbage. I already disliked the pick. Having it be marinellis pick made it even worse

waldoputty

Reaction score
The truth hurts. When a player is overdrafted by the Cowboys, and his performance (or lack of it) on the field prove he was overdrafted, it's a hard pillow to swallow and admit to when personal feelings of support are involved for the player, coach(es) or team.

what qualifies you to make that assessment?
are you a coach, a front office person, or just some couch potato?

waldoputty

Reaction score
Ok, but your comparison of Trysten Hill to Lee, Jaylon and Gregory fails in the sense that Lee, Jaylon and Gregory actually played and started big when in college compared to Hill who didn't.
they all had flaws.
lee to injury
jaylon to an unprecedented injury
gregory to substance abuse
hill to lack of college experience.
they are all gambles.
gambles on their upside despite the downside.
particularly if the team is not drafting in the top10 or 15 positions

waldoputty

Reaction score
Its coaching. Marinelli is garbage. I already disliked the pick. Having it be marinellis pick made it even worse

really? while i dont trust marinelli as def coordinator, he seems to be pretty good in developing dl and undertackles in particular.
i think he developed sapp, tim harris, john randle and henry melton...

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Its been way more than 20 plays and when it takes until almost until the end of the 3rd quarter to notice him its a problem. That means home depot employees are being successful in blocking him

Idiotic post. Throw out the HD crap.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
really? while i dont trust marinelli as def coordinator, he seems to be pretty good in developing dl and undertackles in particular.
i think he developed sapp, tim harris, john randle and henry melton...
Lol he didn't develop sapp, or john randle. So 2 guys out of 1000. Him developing ppl is a unfounded myth that somehow gets spread around because he was a coach 20 years ago on a defense with like 6 hall of famers on it.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Would you like wal-mart greeters instead? Or does that hit too close to home too?

There you go with another stupid idiotic post. Now you are getting to the Inuit stage.
So here it goes, if you want to go there. Maybe you are the goodwill type and your posts show that. Does that hit home with you. Do you need the wheel on your cart repaired?

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
There you go with another stupid idiotic post. Now you are getting to the Inuit stage.
So here it goes, if you want to go there. Maybe you are the goodwill type and your posts show that. Does that hit home with you. Do you need the wheel on your cart repaired?
You're the one being butt hurt over a comment on the internet. Get that cup of coffee already you are being too sensitive on a monday morning.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You're the one being butt hurt over a comment on the internet. Get that cup of coffee already you are being too sensitive on a monday morning.

Not butt hurt at all and not sensitive. But when you and a few others chime in with stupid stuff, I will defend myself and my posts.
Take your own advice and have a coffee also.
And matter of fact I am on my 1st cup of coffee. But it has nothing to do with all of yours and others crap so early in the day.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Not butt hurt at all and not sensitive. But when you and a few others chime in with stupid stuff, I will defend myself and my posts.
Take your own advice and have a coffee also.
And matter of fact I am on my 1st cup of coffee. But it has nothing to do with all of yours and others crap so early in the day.
I'm on the east coast i've been at work since 8am est. had my cup of coffee then. You gotta get up earlier old timer. ;)

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm on the east coast i've been at work since 8am est. had my cup of coffee then. You gotta get up earlier old timer. ;)

I am not that old, 60, but I am retired. Been so for 5 years now. So I wake up whenever I do. Usually anywhere from 6 AM to 8 AM CST.
Used to set alarm to still get up around 7. but now just wake up whenever.
After years of getting up at 5 to 6 AM, now I just do whatever and get my 1st cup of coffee then. :D

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I am not that old, 60, but I am retired. Been so for 5 years now. So I wake up whenever I do. Usually anywhere from 6 AM to 8 AM CST.
Used to set alarm to still get up around 7. but now just wake up whenever.
After years of getting up at 5 to 6 AM, now I just do whatever and get my 1st cup of coffee then. :D
Still get the newspaper too? My dad is 68 has that same routine. I call him an old man too don't worry

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Still get the newspaper too? My dad is 68 has that same routine. I call him an old man too don't worry

No, have not bought a newspaper in over 20 years. Actually the Palm Beach Post after the Cowboys won SB XXX.
Wait, maybe I am the jinx, they have not won. I haven't bought a newspaper since then. Think I will go by one when the season preview comes out.

I do everything paperless, all electronic / internet. So see, I am up to date on stuff. :p

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
No, have not bought a newspaper in over 20 years. Actually the Palm Beach Post after the Cowboys won SB XXX.
Wait, maybe I am the jinx, they have not won. I haven't bought a newspaper since then. Think I will go by one when the season preview comes out.

I do everything paperless, all electronic / internet. So see, I am up to date on stuff. :p
At least give the kids and grandkids some credit for showing you how to do it lol. You are the jinx btw lol.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You are saying Hill is a good pick. Others are saying he's not a good pick. That's agendas, on both sides of the fence. Yours and theirs. IMO.

No, it is a persons opinion, no agendas. The agendas come in from when fans start in right away he is a bust, even right after he was drafted. All because they did not draft a S instead.

I never said Hill was going to be a HOF or all pro or anything like that. I said he needs time to see what he can become, and will be better than most say. So I do not have any agenda. Nor does anyone else, except for those that say he is a bust constantly at this point.

You obviously have an agenda to keep on and on about it.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
No, it is a persons opinion, no agendas. The agendas come in from when fans start in right away he is a bust, even right after he was drafted. All because they did not draft a S instead.

I never said Hill was going to be a HOF or all pro or anything like that. I said he needs time to see what he can become, and will be better than most say. So I do not have any agenda. Nor does anyone else, except for those that say he is a bust constantly at this point.

You obviously have an agenda to keep on and on about it.
Oh. I wasn't trying to start an argument with you and I didnt mean to upset you. You are one of my favorite posters. In fact I was one of the ones who was saying Hill is a bust until I started reading your post and decided to start telling people to give the guy a chance. So you change my narrative on Hill.

Which is why I say you have an agenda. Because you've already worked your magic on me. So keep up the good fight and hang in there.