Video: Trysten Hill: Taking Advantage of This Opportunity

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
Yeah I am not going to say because he is so calm and has a real tough time answering easy questions that he can't play in the NFL. What I and I think a few others in this thread picked up on is that he might have a real mental issue dealing with some things. I am not sure what and I am not claiming to know psychology better than any doctor, but if he had a very similar psyche as Randy Gregory it would not shock me, no I do not mean drugs I mean what led him to drugs.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Doesn't matter if I give him anything or not. He has all the opportunity he could ever hope for. Drafted #2 by the Cowboys and now the starter in front of him got hurt.

Its up to him. I am just making simple observations. Personally I think his mental makeup puts him behind the 8 ball. His unlikeability and immaturity are other issues on top of that. So if this kid isn't knocking it out of the park on the field, he wont make it. And oh by the way, he isn't knocking it out of the park.
Just saying the kid is only 22, and everyone expects this 2nd rounder to come in and immediately clean this mess up.
I would be pissed to, wouldnt you..lol
Your pissed because you want immediate results from a 2nd round draft choice year one.
Hill is pissed because fans and probably former staff did to.
Im willing to invest in an angry interior DL maturing possibly, with at least the time that is needed to do so, and one year is not enough.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Just saying the kid is only 22, and everyone expects this 2nd rounder to come in and immediately clean this mess up.
I would be pissed to, wouldnt you..lol
Your pissed because you want immediate results from a 2nd round draft choice year one.
Hill is pissed because fans and probably former staff did to.
Im willing to invest in an angry interior DL maturing possibly, with at least the time that is needed to do so, and one year is not enough.

You don't listen so well. The comment was about his mental demeanor in the interview.

You can blow off all the evidence you want and just pray. The rest of us like to talk about it. Its called a forum for a reason.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He may not be the most personable kid in front of a camera, and for all I know that may be his personality in all situations, but it didn't seem to me that his intention was to be rude. I think he was just nervous, and may have a bit of ADD going on, because he couldn't seem to focus very well.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
He may not be the most personable kid in front of a camera, and for all I know that may be his personality in all situations, but it didn't seem to me that his intention was to be rude. I think he was just nervous, and may have a bit of ADD going on, because he couldn't seem to focus very well.
He was fine in my book. Maybe a bit frustrating for reporters, but okay otherwise.

817Gill

Reaction score
Dang dude, lighten up. I didn't see or hear any of which you mentioned. I saw a kid who is not real comfortable sitting in front of a bunch of reporters and photographers answering questions. I didn't like us drafting him either, over Thornhill. But like it or not, he's a Dallas Cowboy and I hope he really shines. By all accounts, he's having a good camp.
He also had not 1 friend in the media last year. They were real critical of him (not saying he wasn’t at fault btw) and he probably doesn’t trust them and their now jovial attitude. It’s understandable and I’m no Trysten Hill fan, but I do hope he realizes his potential as long as he’s a Cowboy.

817Gill

Reaction score
Exactly, Hill is still 22 and still learning to give the "Bull Durham" media answers of "Shucks, we have to play as a team and work hard and the Good Lord will help us work toward our goals".

If Hill was loud and outspoken, half the fans here would call him a punk and say he should be cut. If he is quiet, he has to be unmotivated. If he is loud, he is a head case.

If he plays well this year everyone will forget about it, like they did when they wanted to cut DLaw after his second season.
He was a lot more talkative last year look at his interviews. He was kinda goofy honestly. To him being concise may be his way of showing he means business.

HellCrowe

Reaction score
He was a lot more talkative last year look at his interviews. He was kinda goofy honestly. To him being concise may be his way of showing he means business.

I like your take. I also think that after that was said about him, the media is the enemy. At least, at his age and maturity level that’s who they are. You can see that when asked about Jeopardy he was all about it. At this time, whatever motivation he can get to work his arse off, I’m all for it. I doubt he’ll ever be the aspiring sports analyst kind of communicator. Just need him to make an impact at 3T and as he said, more “consistent.”

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I like your take. I also think that after that was said about him, the media is the enemy. At least, at his age and maturity level that’s who they are. You can see that when asked about Jeopardy he was all about it. At this time, whatever motivation he can get to work his arse off, I’m all for it. I doubt he’ll ever be the aspiring sports analyst kind of communicator. Just need him to make an impact at 3T and as he said, more “consistent.”
Pollard, on the other hand seemed to have no idea what they were talking about when they asked him about Jeopardy. lol

Plankton

Reaction score
I just can't understand how you can have several interviews with him before the draft and still select him.

ezgif-3-faec7d183860.gif

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Yeah, I don’t think Hill feels like he has any allies in the media. He’s probably just shy of hostile with them for a reason.

All the guy has to do is learn the system and make some plays... the fans and the money will come with that. He has the physical ability to do that, no doubt. He just needs to show the mental capacity to do it.

Here’s hoping he can...

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Aren't these interviews done via some sort of video where all the reporters are remote?
Still... I do get his wanderingly looking around.
His wanderingly looking around was taught to Korean era pilots as to the Soo Yu knoghb protocols to keep interrogators off balance.

CowboyManDan

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
For me, this interview is the polar opposite of the Aldon Smith interview in which I left a big fan of Aldon. I can see the immaturity here for sure.

quickccc

Reaction score
Dang dude, lighten up. I didn't see or hear any of which you mentioned. I saw a kid who is not real comfortable sitting in front of a bunch of reporters and photographers answering questions. I didn't like us drafting him either, over Thornhill. But like it or not, he's a Dallas Cowboy and I hope he really shines. By all accounts, he's having a good camp.

That's what i got from Trysten's interview too. Some players are not comfortable upfront with interviews, media, camera spotlight,
even social media. What if he has a shy demeanor ? what if after being scrutinized so harshly he is simply so tentative about being upfront in a spot light vs one one ?

There are always people that love to hate ... and they want so bad to find someone to be a villain.