Twitter: Tuesday (9/18) Dallas Cowboys tweets

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
If you really want to trade for someone, forget Earl Thomas...

(no, I'm not remotely suggesting it would happen)

Bluefin

Reaction score
He thought he would be getting weekly checks from Arizona, now since he is not getting weekly checks, he realizes a bad offense is better than no weekly check.
At the end of Talkin' Cowboys today, I think it was the producer of the show that shared Brice Butler had an issue with Dez Bryant.

So Dez not being here anymore seems to have helped, but not getting game checks is definitely the trump card in the situation.

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
Interesting to see what happens with Lawrence if Armstrong continues to develop.

Sign him long term? Franchise and trade? Let him walk?

He will be looking for $20M+ a year if he has another double digit sack year..

You sign him if he continues do dominate. Period.

Reaction score
You sign him if he continues do dominate. Period.
I tend to agree. These guys don't grow on trees.

But if guys like Taco, Armstrong and Gregory become really good, you may have to let them walk.

Long time before the team needs to worry about that.

Dre11

Reaction score
At the end of Talkin' Cowboys today, I think it was the producer of the show that shared Brice Butler had an issue with Dez Bryant.

So Dez not being here anymore seems to have helped, but not getting game checks is definitely the trump card in the situation.

He didn't have Ann issue with Dez, he said he could be more productive than Dez, but also said it wasn't a slight to Dez but faith in his own abilities. He set Dez up with the trainer after he was released.

LarryCanadian

Reaction score
I really can’t believe there’s some people wanting to get tight with cap space on Tank. It’s almost like they think Ware was cut last year or something and elite pass rushers grow on trees.

Ding ding ding! Agreed 100%. Threads about Lawrence (and Zack Martin earlier) - regarding maybe letting them "leave" at end of contracts are so insane. You do NOT let consistent high end players walk. They are almost impossible to replace. ONce you hit on them in the draft, you pay them in their prime. You don't have to pay them vast sums in their twilight, but get that 2nd contract sure! I think Lawrence has now shown he is for real......the jury was out with the injuries and suspension - but now it is put all together - and to hear him say how much he loves football - well that is when players become elite.....

reddyuta

Reaction score
Gregory has had 2 concussions in his last 2 games,i dont feel he can contribute much at all.