Turpin on a Pass play?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
The beloved once a game, we know what's coming for 5 yards jet sweep is getting old. Can you all think of a reason why we wouldn't want to add this speed threat to our passing game?

Do they feel he's not ready, or him keeping the defense honest might hurt this teams success?? Please help me to understand. Let's stop waiting for guys to come back, and use the weapon that you do have!!!

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The beloved once a game, we know what's coming for 5 yards jet sweep is getting old. Can you all think of a reason why we wouldn't want to add this speed threat to our passing game?

Do they feel he's not ready, or him keeping the defense honest might hurt this teams success?? Please help me to understand. Let's stop waiting for guys to come back, and use the weapon that you do have!!!
Almost all coaches take this approach.

Obviously coaches sometimes have to start rookies, but if they have options they tend to prefer working them into games as the season progresses.

Dan Quinn love love loves Sam Williams, but SW had 6 snaps in game 1 and 10 in game 2.

exciter

Reaction score

He’s a gimmick player in this league. Nothing more!

Jipper

Reaction score
He’s a gimmick player in this league. Nothing more!

He has the potential to be a very good returner and special teams player which is far more than a gimmick player - granted he hasn't done much of anything yet. However, as a WR he does have potential to get involved. Anyone with that much speed and slipperyness has potential.

but, he hasn't been used and needs to be in for more than one jet sweep a game

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Matchups, all depends on matchups. If there is a situation where they can use him for that, I am sure they will look at it.

@Bobhaze created a good thread / post on this. About matchups and using or not using certain plays, or alignments from game to game.

I agree though, I am tired of those jet sweeps, that never seem to work. Maybe someday they will hit on one of them.

Einstein

Reaction score

Honestly I figured the 1st offensive play of the year was going to be a go route with him to get teams thinking...

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Matchups, all depends on matchups. If there is a situation where they can use him for that, I am sure they will look at it.

@Bobhaze created a good thread / post on this. About matchups and using or not using certain plays, or alignments from game to game.

I agree though, I am tired of those jet sweeps, that never seem to work. Maybe someday they will hit on one of them.

When we play a bad bad team at home or at the end of the season

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I think Dallas should look to take some shots with Turpin deep down the field, let defense know you are willing to take shots down the field, it prevents CB from sitting on underneath routs. It is one of those plays regardless if you hit on it or not sends a message to defense.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I keep saying that this is a step up like Turpin has never seen before. He is not a straight burner like Tyreek Hill to boot. Just want to see him give us better starting field position on returns and anything else will be gravy. People thinking he's going to be the key to the season are kidding themselves. He'll make a play here and there.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Along with Pollard in the slot

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I keep saying that this is a step up like Turpin has never seen before. He is not a straight burner like Tyreek Hill to boot. Just want to see him give us better starting field position on returns and anything else will be gravy. People thinking he's going to be the key to the season are kidding themselves. He'll make a play here and there.

Turpin is a 4.3 runner, Hill 4.29, Turpin is plenty fast. I do agree that anyone expecting him to be a key player this year is asking a lot but he is a WR who can make plays deep