Twitter: Ed Werder - Edgar Bennett could be candidate for RB coach

MMObserver

Reaction score
McCarthy is going to be tripping having Zeke & Pollard. Didn't he have to use a WR for his RB in GB?

Yeah McCarthy went with converted WR Ty Montgomery at RB for games 1-7 of the 2018 season ... because he refused to feature Aaron Jones (the guy who rushed for over 1,000 yards and scored 19 TDs in 2019 in GB under the new coach).

McCarthy tries his darndest to ignore the running game.

Gonna be fun to see him try to figure out what to do with Zeke.

Techsass

Reaction score
Yeah McCarthy went with converted WR Ty Montgomery at RB for games 1-7 of the 2018 season ... because he refused to feature Aaron Jones (the guy who rushed for over 1,000 yards and scored 19 TDs in 2019 in GB under the new coach).

I thought that was because of injuries.

D4KADON

Reaction score
I think Zeke needs to be around someone who is less of a friend and someone who is more on his A S S and give him a spark

I like the overhaul

Sage3030

Reaction score
I thought that was because of injuries.

It was and it was 2016. Guy got converted to rb and did an ok job while Lacy was hurt. Also, he was traded mid season to Baltimore in 2018, so I really don’t know what that guy was talking about.
https://apnews.com/9bdb9cf410e449139591cc3abd6e9b5a

Here’s Montgomery’s wiki:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ty_Montgomery

And he didn’t start over Aaron Jones. Jones got hurt. When Jones was healthy, he was the starter, unless you think 26 carries over 7 games is what a starter gets(what he had in 2018 with the packers).

calico

Reaction score
Some people might laugh but I'm wondering about Wade Phillips as DC ?
I’d love wade back and was sad when he was available after we inked Nolan. I don’t think he’d work with jerry though after last time. He’s got pride.

Sage3030

Reaction score

You seem like you’re here to stir up trouble... none of what you posted was true, except the guys name and position changes.

Oh, and Jones stats. The story along with it though.... yeah not true.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
As a coach? That is NONE.
Doesn't matter, he has superbowl rings. Hate him all you want but doesn't change facts. He doesn't need to polish anybody superbowl ring cause he has more than 1 he can polish. Got it? Good.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Brown is a fantastic RBs coach.

Disagree. He has never developed or helped any RB since he has been here. Zeke and Pollard have talent so how much can he replay help them other than stuff they have not heard from other RB coaches.

He had Murray, but other than that after he left he did not help any of the other RB's be better.

So how is he fantastic? Maybe there is something there I am missing.
But I won't complain if he stays. Though I wanted him gone years ago. But if he stays, he stays. I am not going to lose any sleep over it.

Reactions: CWR

J817

Reaction score
Disagree. He has never developed or helped any RB since he has been here. Zeke and Pollard have talent so how much can he replay help them other than stuff they have not heard from other RB coaches.

He had Murray, but other than that after he left he did not help any of the other RB's be better.

But I won't complain if he stays. Though I wanted him gone years ago. But if he stays, he stays. I am not going to lose any sleep over it.

How many RB coaches can say they had three seasons (with two different runners) where their starting RBs led the league in rushing? Zeke has had an excellent start in his career. Don’t see your point there. Pollard was a 4th round pick. Oh and Pollard was a rookie. What were you expecting Pollard to be? How talented is the 4th round pick Pollard?

Oneiros

Reaction score
I think Zeke needs to be around someone who is less of a friend and someone who is more on his A S S and give him a spark

I like the overhaul
Excellent point here.

Don't get me wrong, I think Brown is a darn good RB coach but I think it's time we bring in someone who acts like a coach and doesn't coach the star RB like he's a fan.

_sturt_

Reaction score
If Bennett's not available, I don't see another "name" RB coach for McC @ GB, ie, anyone we'd recognize, except for Sam Gash--and he got fired after a couple of years, so I would assume that's not a likely option.

Former RB coaches with recognizable names who appear to be on the market right now? There's just two, and both of them are Cleveland refugees:

- Freddie Kitchens
- Stump Mitchell

CWR

Reaction score

It was and it was 2016. Guy got converted to rb and did an ok job while Lacy was hurt. Also, he was traded mid season to Baltimore in 2018, so I really don’t know what that guy was talking about.
https://apnews.com/9bdb9cf410e449139591cc3abd6e9b5a

Here’s Montgomery’s wiki:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ty_Montgomery

And he didn’t start over Aaron Jones. Jones got hurt. When Jones was healthy, he was the starter, unless you think 26 carries over 7 games is what a starter gets(what he had in 2018 with the packers).

:muttley:

CWR

Reaction score

AON showed me how he contributed to our culture of loving the players unconditionally. Lol Zeke doesn't need a bff, he needs someone to call him on his crap.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Doesn't matter, he has superbowl rings. Hate him all you want but doesn't change facts. He doesn't need to polish anybody superbowl ring cause he has more than 1 he can polish. Got it? Good.

Makes no sense, I am referring to his ability as a coach, Garrett has NO rings, polish away, you dig? Good!

Last edited: