Twitter: Ed Werder - Edgar Bennett could be candidate for RB coach

CWR

Reaction score
Stop it you’re hurting my feelings

Good. I stopped attempting to have serious conversations with you when you informed me Quinn wasn't any good because Miami only got a sixth for him. Troll on filthy boy.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Will Bennett get Zeke back in shape and ready to go in week 1? If so, bring him in.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry actually liked Callahan and respected him. Callahan just couldn't get along with Garrett.

Um, Jerry actually blocked Callahan from taking the Skins OC job forcing him to honor the final year of his contract............after stripping him of play calling duties. It was a move unheard of in NFL coaching circles and generally regarded as unprofessional. Bill is never working for Jerry again. Thats a pretty solid bet.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Whoever it is needs to light a fire under Elliott's ***. No more tapping out. You run and get those yards or you sit and watch your stock drop like a stone.

Exactly.............I understand players need to come out and catch their breath every once in awhile, but this crap of run 10 yards and tap out for Zeke has to stop and has to stop right now. Tell the Cabo Ewok to get his arse in shape.

willia451

Reaction score
We don't need to turn this into a Packers family reunion.
What did you expect was going to happen? MM is going to bring in coaches that he knows, trusts, and likes in terms of Xs and Os. It's also important that they are able to work well together.

A lot of that is going to come from GB or former GB coaches. The same thing would have happened if we had brought in Belichick, Payton, or Lewis.

And the same thing happened when we brought in Parcells. We started looking a lot like Giants-Southern Branch.

And its why we had to suffer with Jason Garrett for so long. Since 2007 really. Jerry wanted the next SB won by the Cowboys to be won BY a lifelong Cowboy. And more importantly, one he could control and take a lot of the credit for himself.

He didn't want to turn things over to another guy from some other franchise. HE wanted to be the guy.

Didn't work out.

So here we are.

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
Get ready for a flood of former Packers coming through here.

Just keep Mark Chmura away please.
I'm okay with Bennett. Knows Mac system cold and would be instrumental in ensuring Zeke and Pollard's talents are optimized in the offense.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
So you can't answer the question, you dig? Good!

I did answer the question, Jason has zero rings as a coach, the only point relevant to my initial comment, context is basic and obvious.

You sir, have committed the logical fallacy of False equivalence.

His player rings as a backup QB are not relevant to his lack of a SB appearance much less ring as a COACH.

This is simple, so he polishes Doug’s SB ring as a Coach and you will love it, you dig? Good!

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Kitna???

Anyone have updates? He would be the guy I want to keep.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
If McCarthy wants Callahan and he wants to be here that's a guy you take in a heartbeat. The o-line knows him and he knows how to get them going.

_sturt_

Reaction score
I was going to suggest him but does McCarthy want him?

Dunno. Just a rumor for now. Fisher didn't even want to use his name, but it's not hard to decipher based on the hint (ie, which was that the rumored candidate is a former Zeke coach).