Twitter feed says Cowboys cheated

Pokes12

Reaction score
Said we had a staffer, (wearing a Cowboys shirt) stand behind Payton while he was sending in the plays. Obvious as can be. Looks to be completely bogus. Did any one else see the Twitter feed with a picture of a rotund staffer standing behind Payton with a cell phone in his hand. Other than the tweet, I have heard nothing about this. Can someone explain? I sure hope it is a hoax because it would ruing the win to be thought of as the Belicheat Pats.

adamknite

Reaction score
Said we had a staffer, (wearing a Cowboys shirt) stand behind Payton while he was sending in the plays. Obvious as can be. Looks to be completely bogus. Did any one else see the Twitter feed with a picture of a rotund staffer standing behind Payton with a cell phone in his hand. Other than the tweet, I have heard nothing about this. Can someone explain? I sure hope it is a hoax because it would ruing the win to be thought of as the Belicheat Pats.

The Cowboys released a statement explaining it. It's a guy that's basically used for the giant screen hanging from the roof to relay commercial timeouts or something like that, a similar employee is used in other stadiums. He's never in their bench area, and not even that close actually, the photo was just taken at an awkward angle and at a time when Payton was at the far side of the player area.

plus it would be ridiculous to send somebody to their sideline wearing full Cowboys gear and wearing a headset...

erod

Reaction score
Payton watched his vaunted offense get held to 170 yards. He needs something to cling to.

I personally believe Payton wants this job really bad, and that was somewhat of a job interview in his mind. He's worried Lincoln Riley is going to nab it.

Let's just say he didn't kill that interview.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Cowboys released a statement explaining it. It's a guy that's basically used for the giant screen hanging from the roof to relay commercial timeouts or something like that, a similar employee is used in other stadiums. He's never in their bench area, and not even that close actually, the photo was just taken at an awkward angle and at a time when Payton was at the far side of the player area.

plus it would be ridiculous to send somebody to their sideline wearing full Cowboys gear and wearing a headset...

If you watch the game replay, I think it was right after the Brees pick. you could see him, and he was a good 20 yards or more away from the bench area.

And yes camera angles can be very misleading.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Yes it's true ........ we sent a spy to stand behind Payton dressed in full Cowboys gear to tell us what play they are calling next ........ how diabolical of us

Did you see the game photos of the Dallas spy relaying the Saints plays to Marinelli????

4353056-boris_natasha.jpg

adamknite

Reaction score
If you watch the game replay, I think it was right after the Brees pick. you could see him, and he was a good 20 yards or more away from the bench area.

And yes camera angles can be very misleading.

I knew he wasn't close at all and had been meaning to go back and check for myself but have just been kinda lazy. I'm glad somebody did.

I don't think a lot of people realize how bad you can screw with perception with a simple camera angle, it's really quite amazing.

pansophy

Reaction score

Apparently the guy was too close to Payton for him to notice that he was relaying the plays back to the Cowboys in real-time -- you know, Payton calls the play, our 'spy' repeats the play out loud over the mic to our coach, the coach then substitutes and calls in the play to the headset of LVE or whoever else has the headset, LVE conveys the play to the rest of the defense, and the Saints wait patiently while we do all that before they snap the ball. :lmao:

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I knew he wasn't close at all and had been meaning to go back and check for myself but have just been kinda lazy. I'm glad somebody did.

I don't think a lot of people realize how bad you can screw with perception with a simple camera angle, it's really quite amazing.

Yes it is. I used to take a lot of photo's years ago. So I know that pretty well. Sometimes it is by accident, but can be done on purpose as well.
That was on 35MM film. Some on digital but not from all the new better DSLR's now.

Been thinking of getting a new one though. But have not decided what to get. Will need to do more research on it.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Apparently the guy was too close to Payton for him to notice that he was relaying the plays back to the Cowboys in real-time -- you know, Payton calls the play, our 'spy' repeats the play out loud over the mic to our coach, the coach then substitutes and calls in the play to the headset of LVE or whoever else has the headset, LVE conveys the play to the rest of the defense, and the Saints wait patiently while we do all that before they snap the ball. :lmao:
:muttley:We are watching you...:lmao:

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Payton watched his vaunted offense get held to 170 yards. He needs something to cling to.

I personally believe Payton wants this job really bad, and that was somewhat of a job interview in his mind. He's worried Lincoln Riley is going to nab it.

Let's just say he didn't kill that interview.
Just curious what makes you feel he wants to come here? I mean, I'm all for it, I'm just curious why you think that.