Twitter: Mike Lombardi on background between Garrett-McCarthy

cowboyec

Reaction score
Yep.

If they hire this guy then they just don’t get it at all and I’ll probably check out on this team even more then I already have.

McCarthy is a guy the Jones’s can have their way with and gives us no edge on game day just like the last coach.
totally disagree.
McCarthy butted heads with the gm in green bay so he is nobodys puppet.
under him...our in game decisions and adjustments increase 100x vs our last coach.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Maybe we have have a fight to the death between Garrett and McCarthy at the Death Star. Tickets start at $3,000. Then fans can throw rocks at the winner. Rocks starting at $50.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
I had a conspiracy theory in the back of my mind that Jerry will just interview a list of unimpressive candidates and then say, Garrett was the best option for this year and they will re-evaluate next year as a way to try and sell another year of Garrett and then hope this team somehow catches lightning in a bottle.

This is what I thought was widely assumed as the deal with him still being around. Jerry double checking that he can’t do better

_sturt_

Reaction score
What would this board do if McCarthy was hired as OC, Lewis was hired as DC and Garrett was retained as head coach? This board will melt down. I’m talking a meltdown of epic proportions. Lol.

McCarthy has too much pride... legitimately so... to interview for an OC position.

But, think about it this way... Garrett might not.

That is... Garrett loves coaching, and that interaction with players.

It is not difficult to imagine Garrett accepting an OC position under McCarthy.

Can hear it now... "Mike McCarthy has been a great head coach in this league for a long time. It would be a privilege to work with him." Can't you?

So...

McCarthy = HC
Garrett = OC
Lewis = DC

I don't really care, as long as

Jones
2020-01-05_1252.png
Coaching Anything Anymore

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good grief. Just get this over with already!!!

Dallas Dysfunction on full display.

Anyone that won't see it is practicing willful ignorance.

No successful team does business this way.

The sports world are scratching their collective heads at this nonsense.

:huh::huh::huh::huh::huh:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They are awaiting the formality of his contract expiring so they do not have to fire him. I wonder if they've OK'd it for him to interview with any interested parties?

And I wonder if there are any interested parties? Booger may have done more harm than good in keeping him because the negatives on Garrett this year have been more than any HC I can recall since Kotite. Another GM or owner might get some backlash from their fans in just talking to him.

Whatever the intent might be, the execution is piss poor. Everybody involved is looking bad.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I had a conspiracy theory in the back of my mind that Jerry will just interview a list of unimpressive candidates and then say, Garrett was the best option for this year and they will re-evaluate next year as a way to try and sell another year of Garrett and then hope this team somehow catches lightning in a bottle.

That's what this year was. And we all know how that worked out.

robertfchew

Reaction score

that is exactly what he is doing

Cover 2

Pessimists Unite!!!
Reaction score
McCarthy has too much pride... legitimately so... to interview for an OC position.

But, think about it this way... Garrett might not.

That is... Garrett loves coaching, and that interaction with players.

It is not difficult to imagine Garrett accepting an OC position under McCarthy.

Can hear it now... "Mike McCarthy has been a great head coach in this league for a long time. It would be a privilege to work with him." Can't you?

So...

McCarthy = HC
Garrett = OC
Lewis = DC

I don't really care, as long as

Jones
2020-01-05_1252.png
Coaching Anything Anymore
Keeping the old coach around would completely undermine the new coach. It's better to just completely remove Garrett.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What a nightmare finish that would be. It wouldn't surprise me at all for to Jerry hedge his bets about a new coach with Garrett as the fail safe. Why would Garrett do that to himself?
Oh wait...
Jerry: Well Jason, if I can't get anyone else to be the coach, it's yours.
Garrett: There's nothing like job security!

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Come on folks...the writing is on the wall here
Garrett not let go yet because he is gonna stay.

Jerry going experienced coaches and paying well above normal coordinator jobs to get big names...feed the fans big names

JG - Head coach
McCarthy - OC
Lewis - DC

3 head coaches = disastrous locker room

Hoping I'm kidding but deep down terrified

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
I think people have had too long to think. It seems in recent reports that JG was told he’s gone and he’s groveling to no avail. They are interviewing others. I haven’t heard one legit source say there is a chance he’s back coaching. I think it’s a messed up deal but in the end, since he won’t leave, the contract runs. Maybe that’s what the “utmost care” comment by Werder meant. I’m scared of dumb Jerry and JG bring around too but overall Jerry is getting attention with nothing