Twitter/Next Gen Stats Dak 7th in comp % above expectation since week 7

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score

If you want to further understand the stat here is some glossary definitions from NGS

Completion Probability
The probability of a pass completion, based on numerous factors such as receiver separation from the nearest defender, where the receiver is on the field, the separation the passer had at time of throw from the nearest pass rusher, and more.

Expected Completion Percentage (xCOMP)
Using a passer’s Completion Probability on every play, determine what a passer’s completion percentage is expected to be.

Completion Percentage Above Expectation (+/-)
A passer’s actual completion percentage compared to their Expected Completion Percentage.

Cooper was acquired before our game in week 9

InTheZone

Reaction score
When you throw 5 yard passes or shorter MOST OF THE TIME I expect the professional QB to complete most of them. These prop up threads are borderline trolling.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
When you throw 5 yard passes or shorter MOST OF THE TIME I expect the professional QB to complete most of them. These prop up threads are borderline trolling.
I guess you didnt read any of it. The completion % takes into account distance of throw.

Not reading the OP then commenting on is borderline trolling. Also claiming Dak throws five yards or less "MOST OF THE TIME" is completely fraudulent and is super silly, no matter if you put it in all caps or not.

blumayne38

Reaction score
I guess you didnt read any of it. The completion % takes into account distance of throw.

Not reading the OP then commenting on is borderline trolling. Also claiming Dak throws five yards or less "MOST OF THE TIME" is completely fraudulent and is super silly, no matter if you put it in all caps or not.
Lmao no it’s not

blumayne38

Reaction score
Next gen stats also say Dak is most accurate QB in NfL on “small window throws” lmao bwahahahaha

Kevinicus

Reaction score

Is it?

I think looking at some of those passing charts, most (or pretty close to it) were 5 yards or less.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Next gen stats also say Dak is most accurate QB in NfL on “small window throws” lmao bwahahahaha

That's because he is usually late allowing the defender to close and make it a "tight window." Of course their definition is never what I knew anyone to hold as what a tight window meant. Tight windows involve a lot more than just the nearest defender most of the time.

Doomsday101

Reaction score

yeah but then most QB will throw more shorter routs than deep ones. Hell Brees #2 receiver was RB Kamara. Dak needs to do better on some deep throws but don't kid yourself most passes by NFL QB are not deep passes they are short routs.

Zman5

Reaction score

He's getting Wentz confused with Dak.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
yeah but then most QB will throw more shorter routs than deep ones. Hell Brees #2 receiver was RB Kamara. Dak needs to do better on some deep throws but don't kid yourself most passes by NFL QB are not deep passes they are short routs.

One of the keys to the Cowboys shutting down Brees, other than pressure or getting in his passing lanes. Was taking away some of Brees shorter route options or taking away the passes he liked to go to more often, which was solely down the field bomb passes.

HungryLion

Reaction score

He probably read it, but isn’t smart enough to understand. Cut him some slack.