Two decent RBs, why not run the triple option Sunday?

GMO415

Reaction score
Maybe not triple option -- no one on the roster knows how to properly run that -- but definitely more wildcat/single wing. Go full 2008 Dolphins, add an extra blocker, and just play power football. You can add a simple dump pass in for when they starting really stacking the run.
I agree with the wishbone as stated earlier.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes we saw the wildcat last week with some success. We were actually moving the chains with our running game on some drives.

We have two good backs, why not let them earn their pay, especially EzE.

Put the rock in their guts and force their will on the Steelers' pass rush happy Def.

Why not just run the ball on all plays?

On defense just play coverage and let the opponent run the ball.

Running burns clock and makes the game go faster.

The Cowboys lose by a smaller margin than otherwise.

The chance if injuries is lower.

GenoT

Reaction score
really because ravens nearly hug 300 rushing yards on that defense, as good as it is seems like they can be run on..will we win , no but we can make those DEs and LBs run all game, why make it easy..
Are you seriously comparing our current offense to the Ravens’ unit?

The reason pro teams don’t run collegiate multiple-option offenses is because of the talent and speed of NFL LBs and safeties. The differences between those positions at the college and pro level are huge.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
really because ravens nearly hug 300 rushing yards on that defense, as good as it is seems like they can be run on..will we win , no but we can make those DEs and LBs run all game, why make it easy..

Steelers are 5th in the NFL vs the run. They held CZ legend Derrick Henry to 75 yards.

The Ravens are a different animal because they're running read option with Lamar Jackson. The Cowboys have nothing like that.

Reactions: G2

blueblood70

Reaction score
Are you seriously comparing our current offense to the Ravens’ unit?

The reason pro teams don’t run collegiate multiple-option offenses is because of the talent and speed of NFL LBs and safeties. The differences between those positions at the college and pro level are huge.
no but the point remains a run heavy offense with a lot of movement to mimic what they do is attacker weak point the steelers..

rather have our JV QB stand back there 40+times trying to come from behind with that bltzburgh rush?

their weakness is the run , not straight ahead you try and do what CLE did to us and we were doing to Philly until KM couldn't help himself..

you pull out every run play that involves motions, misdirection's , WC, RPO etc etc make those defenders CHASE all day..best chance to not get destroyed..

if you cant see that you arent paying attention..

blueblood70

Reaction score
Steelers are 5th in the NFL vs the run. They held CZ legend Derrick Henry to 75 yards.

The Ravens are a different animal because they're running read option with Lamar Jackson. The Cowboys have nothing like that.
Im not talking straight ahead running, pay attention..

you have to move those defenders , make them chase..we arent the ravens but we can do that all day because we have no expectations to win , so makes them work harder and keep Ben off the filed a possession or two from TOP..

IDC what they did against the titans when i see them get gouged by the ravens, i mean our defense got made fun of for a similar showing against Cleveland, those games count..

Mr_437

Reaction score
I don't think the OC or HC are built to call run plays more than they do. Idk if they've ran the ball 50% of the snaps in any game. Plus, with 3 big time WRs that's just not going to happen GCL need their targets/touches.

What I would to see is KM run the ball more, especially, since the OL is struggling...in addition, run all 3 RBs. Give Pollard n Ricoore carries since Zeke is dealing with a hammy and being somewhat unproductive.

GMO415

Reaction score

We're not winning period. Do you want to bleed out quick or slow?

Aven8

Reaction score
Maybe not triple option -- no one on the roster knows how to properly run that -- but definitely more wildcat/single wing. Go full 2008 Dolphins, add an extra blocker, and just play power football. You can add a simple dump pass in for when they starting really stacking the run.

They took the league by storm with it and took weeks to figure it out.

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
OIP.m51pMsjgfXH9Y6fN0CZfkAHaDt
How bout 32 belly option?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes we saw the wildcat last week with some success. We were actually moving the chains with our running game on some drives.

We have two good backs, why not let them earn their pay, especially EzE.

Put the rock in their guts and force their will on the Steelers' pass rush happy Def.

I know you're getting a lot of laughter here...rightly so. But I actually enjoyed some of the early plays we ran last week. Better than the dump offs we been seeing all year so far.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
they do A very similar thing in Baltimore..its hybrid of that WC and triple options etc it worked for while but its being exposed, still hard to stop but if they get down 10points and are forced to throw , hard for them to catch up..

its doable in short unexpected bursts..i say why not lets have some fun..throw it all out on the field..make the better teams coming in to stomp us play the entire play book..

As I just said...seemed like we were "having fun" early last game. Just seemed to let it gradually slip away.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Pay attention to the scoreboard tomorrow.
and whats your point..? we are fielding our preseason team against a 6-0 team

you act like we are playing head to head with our actual team.. score doesnt matter at this point accept limit the bleeding complete hard and dont make it way..

must be closet steeper fan we have a lot of fake fans here that like to begrudge our own team, they seem to like the losing..

:facepalm::rolleyes:

Praxit

Reaction score
..lol...right now, might be best to throw in some college plays as well.

GenoT

Reaction score
and whats your point..? we are fielding our preseason team against a 6-0 team

you act like we are playing head to head with our actual team.. score doesnt matter at this point accept limit the bleeding complete hard and dont make it way..

must be closet steeper fan we have a lot of fake fans here that like to begrudge our own team, they seem to like the losing..

:facepalm::rolleyes:
:muttley::laugh::lmao::lmao2::huh::facepalm:

Tool...please get back in the box. :rolleyes:

blueblood70

Reaction score
:muttley::laugh::lmao::lmao2::huh::facepalm:

Tool...please get back in the box. :rolleyes:

so we led the game for 56 mins and had shot right down to zeros..so i paid attention to the scoreboard. We nearly won an unwinnable game..fans like you dont get it,.pretty much handled the Steelers every bit as well as the ravens di and we have 4th string QB doing it..so eat that crow//so we lost but pride and rea fandom come into play..got it!!!

dont think i didn't remember our conversation

hope you didnt bet your house on the 14 point spread..

the refs did al they could to keep us down , not conspiracy go watch the game..we go jobbed..