Two different mock options

Bigdog

Reaction score
Saw this on ***USER-BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1***

Option A: DIggs, logan Wilson
Option B: Delpit, Bryce Hall.

Don't know what I would do . Option A is very enticing, imo.

Sydla

Reaction score
B

I have no real use for Wilson. Yeah I know he's a quality prospect but again, how much time is the 4th LB (likely third after Lee gets hurt again) going to get on a team that will play a lot of nickle?

It would like taking Asiasi the TE from UCLA in the 3rd. Why would you waste a pick on a position that won't see a ton of usage given we will likely see a ton of 3 WR sets from the team?

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Saw this on ***USER-BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1***

Option A: DIggs, logan Wilson
Option B: Delpit, Bryce Hall.

Don't know what I would do . Option A is very enticing, imo.
B

I have no real use for Wilson. Yeah I know he's a quality prospect but again, how much time is the 4th LB (likely third after Lee gets hurt again) going to get on a team that will play a lot of nickle?

It would like taking Asiasi the TE from UCLA in the 3rd. Why would you waste a pick on a position that won't see a ton of usage given we will likely see a ton of 3 WR sets from the team?
https://cowboyszone.com/threads/delpit-once-in-a-lifetime-safety.456322/

RamziD

Reaction score
C Trade up for McKinney

3rd round pick will probably be Asiasi or Wilson anyway. Would rather use that pick to get someone who will start in our secondary for the next decade.

Bigdog

Reaction score
C Trade up for McKinney

3rd round pick will probably be Asiasi or Wilson anyway. Would rather use that pick to get someone who will start in our secondary for the next decade.
I would love to McKinney but I think he will be gone early like maybe to the Giants.

Bigdog

Reaction score
Our 2nd and 3rd could move us up to IND or DET slot right before NYG.
Don’t know if I want to give up a 3rd but it is very enticing. Hope the football gods are with us today and he just drops in our laps. Wishful thinking, I know.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Great. I agreed I wouldn't take him at 17. But 51? That's different. He has enough upside to justify the pick.

Again, what use is Logan Wilson if he's the 4th LB and we utilize a lot of 2 LB formations?

Why is Logan Wilson the only alternative to Delpit?

New DC Mike Nolan uses multiple fronts. He likes using hybrid DE/LB type players, often using a formation that looks like a 4-3 except with 1 DE standing up.

With big LBs like Jaylon and LVE, they could play up on the edge with a 3 man DL formation. That brings another LB into the game to replace their MLB or WLB duties.

Even last season they often played a 3 man DL in obvious passing situations with Jaylon basically replacing a DT and then another LB coming in to replace Jaylon's normal LB duties.
- Fans didn't notice it because Jaylon most often aligned in one of the gaps on either side of the 1 DT instead of aligning outside
- Jaylon did rush from the outside at times from that alignment but he generally didn't start the play aligned outside.