Two Hall of Famers at Work. Brady and a certain Cowboy

BigCatMonaco

Reaction score
He will. Total body of work...even if he retires@ 55.

Pro Bowl QB. All world broadcaster.

I'd love to see him and Dak there together one day...if I can only live long enough. (I won't :( )

It’s not just pro bowl QB.

It’s Dallas Cowboys all time passing everything record holder at QB.

jwitten82

Reaction score

This isn't new but demonstrates a point. No one...NO ONE...equals Brady. And no one...NO ONE...equals Romo.

No one has earned titles like Brady. But few in NFL history have injected more sunshine into the world of football as Tony Romo...and in so many different ways. Electric player. Transcendent broadcaster.

If it weren't for the cancer that is T.nO (Owens). .... Romo would have posted titles. T.O. destroyed not only those immediate teams, but left a toxic legacy that was too much to overcome. Poisoned the locker room for years.

The teams sucking up the ilk of Beckham and Antonio Brown are in for a harsh lesson.

Some folks give life, some suck it all away.

Lmao, please explain how it was TO fault that Romo didnt win a superbowl

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
He will. Total body of work...even if he retires@ 55.

Pro Bowl QB. All world broadcaster.

I'd love to see him and Dak there together one day...if I can only live long enough. (I won't :( )
Cowboys have a hard time getting into the Hall. Romo with his 2 playoff victories will not get him into the Hall.

visionary

Reaction score

This isn't new but demonstrates a point. No one...NO ONE...equals Brady. And no one...NO ONE...equals Romo.

No one has earned titles like Brady. But few in NFL history have injected more sunshine into the world of football as Tony Romo...and in so many different ways. Electric player. Transcendent broadcaster.

If it weren't for the cancer that is T.nO (Owens). .... Romo would have posted titles. T.O. destroyed not only those immediate teams, but left a toxic legacy that was too much to overcome. Poisoned the locker room for years.

The teams sucking up the ilk of Beckham and Antonio Brown are in for a harsh lesson.

It is pitiful that even as a card carrying Romo supporter you can’t see the real reason he’s not going to be in the HOF as a player

TO was a small part of it
The real reason has been his acceptance of the constant mediocrity that Garrett brought to this franchise

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That was a really good video. There is an obvious relaxed vibe happening between the two men. That type of environment usually lends itself to good interviews.

I doubt there has been or will be a larger critic of Terrell Owens the Person than myself on CowboysZone. It is a matter of record. However, even I have neither thought nor blamed Terrell Owens the Player for Romo-led teams not winning a championship. The 2007 NFC divisional loss is littered with examples of why Dallas did not beat the Giants a third, and most important time, that year. For example, Owens did not cause Jacques Reeves & crew to crap the bed with less than ONE minute left in the first half.

In my opinion, Romo has less than a 5% chance of getting selected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame on the strength of his player resume. Any selection process will mostly take either his football career or his post-football career into account for possible nomination. It will most certainly not be a combination of both.

However, Romo seemingly has a much greater chance of landing a Contributor nomination. His work as a sports broadcaster has been almost universally praised. He has made a solid impression but he must both increase and diversify his presence beyond simple broadcasting to have any opportunity of impressing the Board of Selectors. If excellence in football broadcasting alone were the only requirement, Pat Summerall would have been enshrined in the Hall AGES ago.

On a related note, many (properly used pronoun) should research for themselves how the Board of Selectors typically nominate and vote anyone into the Hall. It is not an understatement saying 'they' do not think the same way as 'you' do. There have been plenty of worthy candidates annually slighted by Selectors. To put it simply, what someone thinks will actually get a person inducted into the Hall is likely untrue. lol. I said for YEARS Owens foolishness (especially with the media, which is largely represented by Selectors) would prevent himself getting into the Hall on the first ballot--even though his career numbers should have automatically done so. The Board is made up of individuals who have their own preset perceptions of Hall 'worthiness'. They, and no one, votes. It is a key factor towards figuring out who will or will not gain admittance into the Canton Club.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
That was a really good video. There is an obvious relaxed vibe happening between the two men. That type of environment usually lends itself to good interviews.

I doubt there has been or will be a larger critic of Terrell Owens the Person than myself on CowboysZone. It is a matter of record. However, even I have neither thought nor blamed Terrell Owens the Player for Romo-led teams not winning a championship. The 2007 NFC divisional loss is littered with examples of why Dallas did not beat the Giants a third, and most important time, that year. For example, Owens did not cause Jacques Reeves & crew to crap the bed with less than ONE minute left in the first half.

In my opinion, Romo has less than a 5% chance of getting selected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame on the strength of his player resume. Any selection process will mostly take either his football career or his post-football career into account for possible nomination. It will most certainly not be a combination of both.

However, Romo seemingly has a much greater chance of landing a Contributor nomination. His work as a sports broadcaster has been almost universally praised. He has made a solid impression but he must both increase and diversify his presence beyond simple broadcasting to have any opportunity of impressing the Board of Selectors. If excellence in football broadcasting alone were the only requirement, Pat Summerall would have been enshrined in the Hall AGES ago.

On a related note, many (properly used pronoun) should research for themselves how the Board of Selectors typically nominate and vote anyone into the Hall. It is not an understatement saying 'they' do not think the same way as 'you' do. There have been plenty of worthy candidates annually slighted by Selectors. To put it simply, what someone thinks will actually get a person inducted into the Hall is likely untrue. lol. I said for YEARS Owens foolishness (especially with the media, which is largely represented by Selectors) would prevent himself getting into the Hall on the first ballot--even though his career numbers should have automatically done so. The Board is made up of individuals who have their own preset perceptions of Hall 'worthiness'. They, and no one, votes. It is a key factor towards figuring out who will or will not gain admittance into the Canton Club.
I've been wondering if Romo's current job will have him bumping elbows with the right people. Also, since displaying his absurd knowledge of the game, I know a lot of people (not the anti Romo crowd on this board) now see him in a completely different light. I wonder if that could affect the opinions of the powers that be in the HoF.

jwitten82

Reaction score
Not tryna offend anybody but those pants Romo is wearing are gay

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've been wondering if Romo's current job will have him bumping elbows with the right people. Also, since displaying his absurd knowledge of the game, I know a lot of people (not the anti Romo crowd on this board) now see him in a completely different light. I wonder if that could affect the opinions of the powers that be in the HoF.
It should but it is still a LONG way for placing him into nomination and/or voting him in. Romo must create a signature contribution synonymous with the importance of the league itself.

The question is what that something can be. Ed Sabol transformed how the league could be seen by its audience for over three decades while landing numerous television Emmy awards. Gil Brandt revolutionized how the league drafts talent. Whatever Romo could come up with, it must be extraordinary.

Those conditions introduce another important question for discussion. "Just how committed is Romo towards making his name conspicuous with the overall fabric of the NFL." As remarkable as Romo has been for CBS, he is only adding 'Great Broadcaster' to a possible Hall of Fame resume. His Contributor resume must be fleshed out a LOT more for him to make the Selectors' cut.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score

I think you totally missed on this one brotha. It wasn’t T.O. It was the team and the front office.

Gave you a like for the video though

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It should but it is still a LONG way for placing him into nomination and/or voting him in. Romo must create a signature contribution synonymous with the importance of the league itself.

The question is what that something can be. Ed Sabol transformed how the league could be seen by its audience for over three decades while landing numerous television Emmy awards. Gil Brandt revolutionized how the league drafts talent. Whatever Romo could come up with, it must be extraordinary.

Those conditions introduce another important question for discussion. "Just how committed is Romo towards making his name conspicuous with the overall fabric of the NFL." As remarkable as Romo has been for CBS, he is only adding 'Great Broadcaster' to a possible Hall of Fame resume. His Contributor resume must be fleshed out a LOT more for him to make the Selectors' cut.
Well he made Brady look like a decent human being in that interview. That should count for something. :grin:

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score

:facepalm:

I like Romo but to Blame TO for Romo not getting any titles, especially when in 2007 Romo and T.O was one of our best chances of getting one.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score

i
Great interview. Seems like Brady is a good guy. Love how Tony is so natural and authentic. He is just perfect for his role.

Brady message resonates with me. He talks about adapting, making the changes based on the players given to him. It's not about sheer talent alone.
It's the using what you have and adapting and making it work with what's given to you.

I wish that a known head coach for the Cowboys would listen to what Brady says for once.

T-RO

Reaction score
:facepalm:

I like Romo but to Blame TO for Romo not getting any titles, especially when in 2007 Romo and T.O was one of our best chances of getting one.

T.O. undercut his coaches and quarterbacks on every team he ever played on. And created gaping division in the locker room. You can't have that on championship teams.

jwitten82

Reaction score
T.O. undercut his coaches and quarterbacks on every team he ever played on. And created gaping division in the locker room. You can't have that on championship teams.
One of Romos best chance of winning a sb was in 2007 with TO, and there was no division in that locker room.