Twitter: Two Jets players fined for illegal hits to Dak, neither was flagged

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
That was a BS call and yeah, the announcers questioned the call...

And Dak has had better blocking then pretty much every other QB in the league.
It was a very slight hit to his head. No doubt about it. Rodgers would’ve got it.

The point is that it had zero impact on game. From the refs perspective it was over. Slight hit to the head. Flag. Most hits to the head are called.

Better blocking than anyone in the league.
Give me some stats to back that up. Also, what is your point about that? Is that supposed to bother me?

Not to be a smart ***, but should’nt I be happy he gets great blocking if that’s true? Aren’t you happy about it? I just don’t understand if you’re trying to make a point.

Is this about Romo somehow? Look up some history. I took up for him more than most. He was great.

It may be time to let that go. :(

Last edited:

khiladi

Reaction score
It was a very slight hit to his head. No doubt about it. Rodgers would’ve got it.

The point is that it had zero impact on game. From the refs perspective it was over. Slight hit to the head. Flag. Most hits to the head are called.

Better blocking than anyone in the league.
Give me some stats to back that up. Also, what is your point about that? Is that supposed to bother me?

Not to be a smart ***, but should’nt I be happy he gets great blocking if that’s true? Aren’t you happy about it? I just don’t understand if you’re trying to make a point.

Is this about Romo somehow? Look up some history. I took up for him more than most. He was great.

It may be time to let that go. :(

1. So basically you’re admitting Dak got a call he shouldn’t have. How was the game over when it was during the middle of a play? What are you even talking about?

2. Bring some stats that backup Cowboys OL is leading the league in allowing Dak to sacked or pressured. PFF had Lael Collins as the number 1 ranked OL I’m week 1 allowing zero hits, zero pressures and zero Sacks And pretty much been dominating since he’s been playing. Week 2, they were still absolutely dominating to the point Fredrick hasn’t even given up a QB pressure from the Center position.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/201...boys-offensive-line-dominating-the-nfl-so-far

please provide any stars that say Dak has been getting QB pressures or sacked more than the rest of the league of QBs and hadn’t actually had among the top blocking the league.

khiladi

Reaction score
The point is there is absolutely no evidence whatsoever to point to the fact Dak is getting same unfair treatment or he’d facing pressure that other QBs in the league don’t face on a normal basis.

In the first two games for example, Dak got pressured a total of SIX times out of over 60 pass attempts. His interior pocket based on what Frederick was providing was absolutely clean.

If anything, Dak is afforded luxuries few QBs ok this league have, which is why he’s been sacked a total of 7 times only.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
1. So basically you’re admitting Dak got a call he shouldn’t have. How was the game over when it was during the middle of a play? What are you even talking about?

2. Bring some stats that backup Cowboys OL is leading the league in allowing Dak to sacked or pressured. PFF had Lael Collins as the number 1 ranked OL I’m week 1 allowing zero hits, zero pressures and zero Sacks And pretty much been dominating since he’s been playing. Week 2, they were still absolutely dominating to the point Fredrick hasn’t even given up a QB pressure from the Center position.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/201...boys-offensive-line-dominating-the-nfl-so-far

please provide any stars that say Dak has been getting QB pressures or sacked more than the rest of the league of QBs and hadn’t actually had among the top blocking the league.

Man. What are you talking about? It wasn’t A challenge. I said I’d like to see some stats. Thanks. That’s reassuring that we can get this right.

I’m sure you can understand what essentially over means. Right? The game was seemingly out of reach and the ref called a hit to the head. Are you saying that he did not hit his head? It would be different if he did not, regardless whether that game was essentially over or not.

So answer my question please. Did Dak get hit on his head?

khiladi

Reaction score
Man. What are you talking about? It wasn’t A challenge. I said I’d like to see some stats. Thanks. That’s reassuring that we can get this right.

I’m sure you can understand what essentially over means. Right? The game was seemingly out of reach and the ref called a hit to the head. Are you saying that he did not hit his head? It would be different if he did not, regardless whether that game was essentially over or not.

So answer my question please. Did Dak get hit on his head?

1. I provided you the stats that says Dak was leading the league in least QB pressures, aka SIX. Travis Fredrick didn’t give up a single QB pressure in at least the first two games. PFF has Lael Collins as the number 1 ranked OL in the league. You provide stats that Dak hasn’t been getting great blocking, otherwise your simply making stuff up.

2. No he didn’t and you are basically implying that Dak got a call that Rodgers would get that basically refutes your whole argument. Who said the game was out of reach at that time?

MarcusRock

Reaction score
please provide any stats that say Dak has been getting QB pressures or sacked more than the rest of the league of QBs and hadn’t actually had among the top blocking the league.

Stay with this question until it gets answered. I have a feeling it won't. That's not a conspiracy theorist's M.O. Lol.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
1. I provided you the stats that says Dak was leading the league in least QB pressures, aka SIX. Travis Fredrick didn’t give up a single QB pressure in at least the first two games. PFF has Lael Collins as the number 1 ranked OL in the league. You provide stats that Dak hasn’t been getting great blocking, otherwise your simply making stuff up.

2. No he didn’t and you are basically implying that Dak got a call that Rodgers would get that basically refutes your whole argument. Who said the game was out of reach at that time?
Wonderful job on the stats. I’m glad we’re protecting well when we have our starters.

Let’s see if you can do as well on this one.
Was Dak hit in the head during the play?
Or was Dak not hit on his head?

khiladi

Reaction score
Wonderful job on the stats. I’m glad we’re protecting well when we have our starters.

Let’s see if you can do as well on this one.
Was Dak hit in the head during the play?
Or was Dak not hit on his head?

I already said he wasn’t HIT on his head, just like the announcers said it was basically a joke.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
That second hit was clearly a penalty. The tackler lead with his head and speared Dak. But there were more than 2 late hits. Maybe they didn't deserve fines, but they should have been flagged. Its not that I am complaining about the yards we should have gotten from the penalties, but when a team is clearly targeting the QB for hits like that a flag or two early will send a message to the defense they can't take illegal shots at the QB. Not flagging the hits early was a green light to keep hitting him later or illegally.
Which will get in any QB's head.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I didn’t just say it, the announcers also said it. Romo’s situation and Dak’s are nothing alike period. Romo used to get battered on a weekly. Dak’s been dredging behind a clean pocket his whole career, while he moves himself into pressure the majority of time.
He did get a slap to the side of the head, but it really wasn't so much that it should've been flagged.

loublue22

Reaction score
and the "PI" that took away a TD, and the clear non-called PI on Dak's interception

refs are horrendous

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
What makes me mad.....you know damn good and well if Brady or Rodgers got hit like Dak did there would be a flag thrown instantly.
Are you kidding me? If Brady was getting hit like that, the officials would've started hitting the defensive players with baseball bats!

khiladi

Reaction score
He did get a slap to the side of the head, but it really wasn't so much that it should've been flagged.

It wasn’t a slap from what I recall. The DL guy was basically engaged and his hand touched somewhere in the neck area of Dak as he ran by him and they threw a bogus flag.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
I already said he wasn’t HIT on his head, just like the announcers said it was basically a joke.

You’re wrong. He was hit on the head.

What does pressures or any of that have to do with whether Dak is getting late hit with not calls?

Did you see that two jets players were fined? Those two hits weren’t called personal fouls. Most reasonable people could determine that Rodgers, Brady, and many others would got those calls.

Rodgers got one .2 of a second after release and it was a push to his chest.

khiladi

Reaction score
You’re wrong. He was hit on the head.

What does pressures or any of that have to do with whether Dak is getting late hit with not calls?

Did you see that two jets players were fined? Those two hits weren’t called personal fouls. Most reasonable people could determine that Rodgers, Brady, and many others would got those calls.

Rodgers got one .2 of a second after release and it was a push to his chest.

1. No, I’m not wrong. He wasn’t. And it was a cheese call. You just tried to get around it by saying, “Well, Rodgers would have gotten it.” “Well, it was meaningless in this context, because the game was out of hand.” You see, I can play that game too.

2. Your claim is that Dak is getting massacred beyond what other QBs faced, especially Romo. Provide the stats that he does, when he’s basically had a clean pocket the whole season. Further one of those hits, the quad hit Dak when the OL pushed him into Dak. Totally questionable anyway..

Last edited: