1. Read the latest Dallas Cowboys news ..

Two main reasons why Dallas needs to secure Dak long term

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by J12B, Aug 3, 2020.

1. Whyjerry

Whyjerry Well-Known Member

8,208 Messages
    13,325 Likes Received
    2. No Question about it.

2. Skillit

Skillit Well-Known Member

355 Messages
    295 Likes Received

ummmmm.....what?
    So you dislike Dak so much that you’d willingly pick a non playoff season over a ring? (Because YOU have been there before.<sarcastic chuckle>)

I’m not on the “Dak wagon” myself; I think this 4th round experiment has run its course. I like his intangibles, but I think he’s a dependent QB talent wise.

But rejecting a SB win?
    No, I’m not that in love with my own opinions.

3. Cowboy Lover

Cowboy Lover Well-Known Member

2,837 Messages
    1,547 Likes Received
    That applies to the others too. Sometimes it's easy to judge others and very hard to look in the mirror with the same criteria.

4. Cowboy Lover

2,837 Messages
    1,547 Likes Received

And yet you made some grand assumptions...holier than thou high horse.

5. Cowboy Lover

2,837 Messages
    1,547 Likes Received

Are you saying no other QB can "do what dak does"? I think he's done a good job....but to think no other QB can be successful on this team...is a big assumption. Risky? Of course! Impossible? Hmmmm...

6. FVSTONE

FVSTONE Active Member

267 Messages
    204 Likes Received
    Top tier QBs don't need the whole team hitting on all cylinders to win big games. Hell, that's the Packer's MO against the Boys. Try and keep the game close because Aaron is gong to find a way to win it and he does. All of the NFL's big time QBs have that ability to turn it on and raise to THAT next level. The Boys have been in a ton of winnable games and what happens, the other QB raises to the next level. Dak doesn't have THAT level in his arsenal and that's why this is an average team at best. Like I've stated before, Dak got tossed into every QB's dream job and had a great 1st yr. But, after that defensive coordinators went to school on him and found his weaknesses. The rest is history, JJ & Co know this and know what they need to do and that is find a new leader in the next couple of drafts to get this team to the next level before JJ passes on into NFL skies above.

khiladi likes this.
  7. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

27,770 Messages
    20,725 Likes Received
    League favors offense now... The rules are making it easier for offense all the time. We picked another Wr at number 1, so clearly Dallas sees this as about offense.

8. plasticman

plasticman Well-Known Member

3,599 Messages
    6,075 Likes Received
    No. I'm saying that most teams aren't in the habit of giving away QB's that are capable of what Dak has accomplished. I'm saying that it would normally take a few seasons before a drafted QB could even attempt what Dak has accomplished.

Cowboy Lover likes this.
  9. Praxit

Praxit Well-Known Member

4,202 Messages
    4,317 Likes Received
    ..if you have a good team all around, you just need a better than avg QB to get places. Doesn't have to be breaking the bank either.

10. Cowboy Lover

2,837 Messages
    1,547 Likes Received
    It certainly is a conundrum. It's weird because I see at least some measure of validity on both sides. But, I just don't believe there's a lot of people that want to get rid of Dak. A few vocal and very enthusiastic. I see just as many people that want zeke gone. Matter of fact even more irrational hatred there.

There's been a lot of pressure on Dak...with the dysfunction of this organization. I think he's handled it pretty well. I've never expected him to be Rodgers or Brady. Just like I never expected zeke to be "elusive". There are a few things he needs to work on like anyone else. I cheer him on...and not gonna worry about payroll.