Two reasons why our offense is sputtering

playmakers

Reaction score
1. We always start out in a double or triple te set and try to run. We always usally net two yards a play from this formation. Basically, we been trying to run to set up the pass, BUT, this teams strength, when the offense has been most effective is when we pass to set up the run. We need to spread the field and hit some short passes and throw a few runs in there early to keep defense's somewhat honest. We still can have a 55-45 split but we need to come out aggresive and finish with the run. To me, we are just telegraphing our plays.

2. Teams are playing us like they did against the Patriots late in the season last year. They doubled Moss with a db playing bump and run and a saftey over the top. Does this sound familar to TO? The other side they play with a deep saftey and will not give up anything deep and rarely come out of that look. They basically test your patience. They only play 7 in the box in the 2 plus reciever sets and say run. Now, theres only a few plays a game in which this defense gives us a chance at a big play, maybe 3-5. You have to hit them when there open. Brady was like a computer last year against this d. If they didnt give you anything all he did was dump the ball off to Faulk for 5 yards and start over, or hit Welker in the slot for 5 yards. Romo is just running around holding the ball too long and its attributing to his turnovers. Hes not dumping it off because he wants bigger and better things plain and simple.

I guess in closing ill use Kenny Rogers quote of "you got to know when to hold them, know when to fold them etc) when using this offense. If its not there dump it off and fold to the defense for now and play for the next down. Romo also has to find the 3-5 chances this team is going to get to hit Owens deep like Brady did with Moss last year. Thats why we gave him 67 mil. If they never come out of this defense keep dumping the ball off and were have the ball for 75 percent of the game and have many 10 plus play drives. Just my two sense, opinions.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
playmakers;2332619 said:
1. We always start out in a double or triple te set and try to run. We always usally net two yards a play from this formation. Basically, we been trying to run to set up the pass, BUT, this teams strength, when the offense has been most effective is when we pass to set up the run. We need to spread the field and hit some short passes and throw a few runs in there early to keep defense's somewhat honest. We still can have a 55-45 split but we need to come out aggresive and finish with the run. To me, we are just telegraphing our plays.

2. Teams are playing us like they did against the Patriots late in the season last year. They doubled Moss with a db playing bump and run and a saftey over the top. Does this sound familar to TO? The other side they play with a deep saftey and will not give up anything deep and rarely come out of that look. They basically test your patience. They only play 7 in the box in the 2 plus reciever sets and say run. Now, theres only a few plays a game in which this defense gives us a chance at a big play, maybe 3-5. You have to hit them when there open. Brady was like a computer last year against this d. If they didnt give you anything all he did was dump the ball off to Faulk for 5 yards and start over, or hit Welker in the slot for 5 yards. Romo is just running around holding the ball too long and its attributing to his turnovers. Hes not dumping it off because he wants bigger and better things plain and simple.

I guess in closing ill use Kenny Rogers quote of "you got to know when to hold them, know when to fold them etc) when using this offense. If its not there dump it off and fold to the defense for now and play for the next down. Romo also has to find the 3-5 chances this teams going to get to hit Owens deep like Brady did with Moss last year. Thats why we gave him 67 mil. If they never come out of this defense keep dumping the ball off and were have the ball for 75 percent of the game and have many 10 plus play drives. Just my two sense, opinions.

agree with most of this.

The coaching style has got to change though. Henry playing 6-7 yards off Breaston in the red zone is pointless. Your not going to get beat deep in the red zone, press coverage. Every team in the league does it, and most do it very often. We pay to much to expect little from our corners.

Same on offense, move Witten around more in motion. Move T.O in Motion more. Put T.O at slot. What is the point of running a reverse to t.o every game? He isn't going to break a big run if teams expect it every single week now. I liked finally seeing jones/barber in together, and the quick pitch to Jones(the play was called back however, but still). We look so methodical. We abandoned passing deep also. Austin had a step on those two dbs, that is really one of the only deep passes i remember. Post routes, etc work great.

Although, that would mean our line would need to actually block, either that or Romo needs to roll out.

Romo goes to the sidelines and sits on the bench and looks like a little child. Every qb in the league looks over plays with the coordinator.. I don't know if this is Tonys fault, garretts, or both. But that needs to change.

Just a frustrating season so far. But NYG weren't exactly stellar last year to open the season. They struggled badly in quite a few games. The Minnesota game comes to mind.

It's a long season. Lots can happen. Our coaching needs to change. Our leaders need to step up. But if we do that we will be okay.

The ship isn't sinking, so Im not sure why everyone's jumping overboard.

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
It was sickening to watch Arizona just line up their D Ends wide all game and just attack our tackles. We didnt adjust at all.

The last few weeks we've had a hard time getting the ground game going early, and it's put us in alot of 3rd and long situations.