Two things that still baffle me

Sydla

Reaction score
Penalties and our RZ offense, especially inside the 10.

We got away with it last night but you can’t continue to make the dumb penalties we do in the postseason. The number of times we line up or jump offsides on 3rd down is comical at this point, for example.

The RZ offense is just weird. We could have dropped 50+ on them if we weren’t so feeble inside the 10. Is it Pollard? Who knows. On our first trip inside the 10, the ran him on first down and he had nowhere to go. Is it the OL? Maybe but it’s puzzling how you can’t muster and adequate RZ run game when you have Martin and Tyler and even a healthy Tyron. McCarthy? I have no idea.

visionary

Reaction score
I know you dont want to admit this but the reality is that it is not baffling at all. When the defense knows you cant run it makes it easier for them to stop the pass with the compressed field

Get a real RB and passing windows will open

Its not baffling at all

817Gill

Reaction score
We are like top 5 in the league the last 6 weeks in RZ offense. Feel like we are letting the issue from the first part of the year cloud our judgment.

Nobody is 100% in the redzone. We have made great strides in that area, I am not nearly as worried as I was to start the season.

catskillthunder

Reaction score
The mind blowing part to me was the 3rd down call where they elected to pass instead of running it on 3rd and 3 when SEA had no TO"s left. I feel the better percentage play was to try and run for 3 yards and kill the clock and THEN kick the FG. Maybe this is why I am not an NFL coach and I just watch on TV?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Cowboys still can't run the ball. My goodness poor Pollard gets TFL or gains 1 or 2 yards right up the middle continuously. When the Cowboys run on 3rd and 1 it's easy to see they come up with a creative play because they know what will happen if they send Tony or Rico up the middle. The OL is doing a good job with pass protection. But the run game is subpar because there simply aren't holes for the RB's.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
the problem is the OL, we simply can’t run block effectively down there, not too mention we telegraph when we are going to run or pass.

I’m not an expert, but the problem lies with either the C or LG and that goes for the overall running game.

Flamma

Reaction score
The mind blowing part to me was the 3rd down call where they elected to pass instead of running it on 3rd and 3 when SEA had no TO"s left. I feel the better percentage play was to try and run for 3 yards and kill the clock and THEN kick the FG. Maybe this is why I am not an NFL coach and I just watch on TV?
Yep. Same as week 1, 2015. But we made the Giants pay. Almost the same exact situation.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
This was a classic no brainer. If you really want to win, run the ball/clock and kick the fg. Really poor game management that luckily didn’t cost us.

If I hear it was some damn analytics call I won’t be any happier about it.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

We got away with it last night but you can’t continue to make the dumb penalties we do in the postseason. The number of times we line up or jump offsides on 3rd down is comical at this point, for example.

The RZ offense is just weird. We could have dropped 50+ on them if we weren’t so feeble inside the 10. Is it Pollard? Who knows. On our first trip inside the 10, the ran him on first down and he had nowhere to go. Is it the OL? Maybe but it’s puzzling how you can’t muster and adequate RZ run game when you have Martin and Tyler and even a healthy Tyron. McCarthy? I have no idea.
Blocking system sucks, this will be exposed in upcoming weeks.
Hopefully we have the talent and DISCIPLINE to overcome.
Oh yeah, get somebody in Mike's ear with game management.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
We are like top 5 in the league the last 6 weeks in RZ offense. Feel like we are letting the issue from the first part of the year cloud our judgment.
When looking at TDs, we are ranked 13th in RZ scoring in our last 3.

Ken

Reaction score

We were 4 of 8 on the night.

I just remember Dak scoring on a run and it called back for holding. I remember the bb going thru Ceedee's hands. I remember a bb hitting Pollard in the face.

We just gotta stop shooting ourselves in the foot.

foofighters

Reaction score

Nobody is 100% in the redzone. We have made great strides in that area, I am not nearly as worried as I was to start the season.

Dude, we played bad teams. Now that we are back and playing good teams, these things are going to resurface. It never went away, the issue still exists and will be right in front of us for the remainder of the year.

Sydla

Reaction score
I know you dont want to admit this but the reality is that it is not baffling at all. When the defense knows you cant run it makes it easier for them to stop the pass with the compressed field

Get a real RB and passing windows will open

Its not baffling at all
Thinking a real RB solved seems misplaced when you watch some of these plays. Take our first play inside the RZ last night. It was Pollard to the left side. No RB scores there as the line got blown up.

visionary

Reaction score
the problem is the OL, we simply can’t run block effectively down there, not too mention we telegraph when we are going to run or pass.

I’m not an expert, but the problem lies with either the C or LG and that goes for the overall running game.
C is a problem
To me the most important position on OL after LT is C
Biadasz is not the answer
Been asking for us to draft one last 2 years

visionary

Reaction score
Thinking a real RB solved seems misplaced when you watch some of these plays. Take our first play inside the RZ last night. It was Pollard to the left side. No RB scores there as the line got blown up.
Its a combination and we need a better C but none were available
RB could have been had

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

The pre-snap penalties drive me nuts. What’s maddening you can see it clearly as day when one of our defenders is lined up in the neutral zone; just mindless stuff: