Tyler Smith "Everyone has an opinion."

JayFord

Reaction score
aslong as he doesn't bring all the penalties im fine with him

and my motto is if you have issues with blocking correctly, then cut block

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
I recall long ago an UDFA from Tulsa that overcame the odds to become one of the Cowboys' all-time legends.
That "Golden Hurricane" recently was bestowed a 'Gold Jacket'.
The original "Great 88 WR".

I loved Drew when I was a kid back in the mid 1970's, but he wasn't the original #88 - there were 5 receivers in prior years who wore the number before him:

1961 - Sonny Davis
1965 - Colin Ridgway
1968 - Sonny Randle
1970/1971 - Reggie Rucker
1972 - Ron Sellers

He was still greatness, and there isn't anything wrong with anything you said.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I truly hope he works hard so he can have a chance at being a really good player. But right now they bypassed a few better prospects to select him. He's just so raw and the bust potential on guys who have physical traits but no skill is high.

sbark

Reaction score
He will be a great leader of men and change the culture of this organization. :facepalm:
Just give the team a nasty edge
....will Hernandez still on free agent market....let's double dip skoal

Motorola

Reaction score
I loved Drew when I was a kid back in the mid 1970's, but he wasn't the original #88 - there were 5 receivers in prior years who wore the number before him:

1961 - Sonny Davis
1965 - Colin Ridgway
1968 - Sonny Randle
1970/1971 - Reggie Rucker
1972 - Ron Sellers

He was still greatness, and there isn't anything wrong with anything you said.
'acr731' -- you stirred my long-dormant memories of the rank-and-file players who made the team and contributed during the Cowboys --and hoping they would become the next "stars".

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I used to be affected by the opinions of experts but they can be as wrong as the casual fan. They’ve loved some players that went bust and weren’t sold on others that ended up in the Hall of Fame. No matter how much time the experts put into prodding and poking college players, none of them know for sure how their college game will translate to the NFL and to the teams that draft them. They’ll be a number of players in this draft that won’t pan out including some in the top 10 and they’ll be plenty who will turn into solid NFL players. There may be 2 or more end up in the Hall of Fame. You never know for sure what you’re going end up with in the draft until they strap on the pads at the NFL level. The best player from this draft class may end up being a 4th or 7th round pick. Some of the greatest players in NFL history were never projected to be the players they became.

kumizi

Reaction score
All it took was him saying butthole for me to do a 180 on the pick.

nobody

Reaction score
aslong as he doesn't bring all the penalties im fine with him

and my motto is if you have issues with blocking correctly, then cut block

He's a rookie. He's going to commit penalties. He sounds coachable though so I believe he'll clean it up.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I see sloppy foot work in pass protection and that's not an opinion. When backpedaling your shoulders control your feet. You have to move your shoulders before you can move your feet. His shoulder movements are slow with causes his feet to be slow. He'll be able to move his shoulders quicker if he places his hands in towards his chest. High and tight should be his motto.

One thing about the guys coming from smaller schools is it increases their upside. Large school program have top coaching and training to help them reach their peak. A place like Tulsa does not.

I know everyone likes to point at our inability to develop McGovern and Biadasz but the 500 lbs monkey in the room is Steele whose feet and hands have evolved greatly. He used to lunge and get twisted. Not so much anymore.

plymkr

Reaction score
He's setting himself up for some hemorrhoids commercials. Dak on the mattress and Smith on the toilet.