Tyler Smith has line up against two of the best pass rushers in the NFL his first two games

Cowboyny

Reaction score
2 of the best pass rushers based on what?

Those dudes are middle of the pack DEs and he was bad first game and mediocre second game.

I like the kid but he’s got a long way to go technique wise if he wants to hang with top tier rushers.
Why be a hater? He has played as well as the top 10 Tackles and he didn't even practice at Tackle until Tyron got hurt. Has he been perfect? No, but he has held his own thus far and more importantly has only 1 penalty in 2 games.

GINeric

Reaction score
He has to work on his footwork, but ladies and gentlemen we have ourselves a new left Tackle!!!

stilltheguru

Reaction score
They aren’t top tier. Here’s his week 1 line:

“allowed a sack, two quarterback hits and a hurry”

The dudes from the first 2 weeks don’t crack the top 10. I love Smith but he’s a mauler best suited for G with his current skill set. Hope he proves me wrong long term.
Take your L and stop. Why can't supposed grown men say they were wrong? Lol

quickccc

Reaction score
Tyler is gonna be ok ... he's keeping peters on the bench, and he's displaying his potential early on.

He's still very handsy and get got away with a couple of obvious holding calls - but he's incredibly powerful even for a rookie ..o_O

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I wanted Smith to stay at LG. I though it would be an easier transition from Tulsa to the NFL.

Then, when Dallas signed Peters, I wanted him at LT and Smith at LG.

On both counts, I was wrong. Tyler is far better at tackle than I had hoped. He’s strong as hell, which I knew, but he’s also staying away from penalties and mistakes like an old pro. He is a really, really good player.

Good for him. Good for Dallas.

I say put Peters at LG, keep Smith at LT and run the ball behind those two big boys.

I thought he'd be a great LG, and I still do.

I never really doubted him at LT. My point about depth was that we needed two guys on the left side and Tyler can play either.

I wasn't expecting Farniok to play as well as he has either. We'll see if he can keep it up.

CoachD

Reaction score
Shaq Barrett led the league in sacks a few years ago with 19.5!

Has had multiple 10+ sack seasons.

Hendrickson had 13.5 and 14 sacks the last two season.

Come on Bro....
Excellent stats so you're right and the "other guy" is so wrong.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
They aren’t top tier. Here’s his week 1 line:

“allowed a sack, two quarterback hits and a hurry”

The dudes from the first 2 weeks don’t crack the top 10. I love Smith but he’s a mauler best suited for G with his current skill set. Hope he proves me wrong long term.

I think he's going to have a hard time proving you wrong because you seem to have your mind made up that "he's a mauler best suited for G." He has played extremely well for a rookie LT. That's a tough position to jump into as perform like he has.

doomsday808

Reaction score
He is doing a great job. Penalties was a main criticism coming out of college. He is keeping that under control.

manster4ever

Reaction score
Unable to post at the moment but Marcus Mosher twitter said Tyler played 62 snaps and gave up one pressure. Not a team in the league that wouldn't say yes please to that.

I watched the whole game and didnt notice him ONCE........A+!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tico

Reaction score
Thanks again Will McClay for another brilliant pick..
Boring but like the Frederick pick....

Scotman

Reaction score
I have felt like our line has been in a steady state of decline since 2016. Hitting on Steele, Smith and maybe even Farniok? That's a massive turn around. Massive

Now, I'm the first to admit I'm not a talent evaluator. So, perhaps someone who has a better eye can tell me, how is Biadasz holding up? Has he improved from last year? Because, if he is on the upswing, you could end up with a really, really good line again.