Tyler Smith has line up against two of the best pass rushers in the NFL his first two games

Brooksey

Reaction score
He's a stud and I think it's time the media mention it.

How about acknowledge we even drafted a guy in the first round that can play LT to replace Tyron.

Wanna know why they don't? Because they were all waiting for him to bust so they can say we reached cuz that's what Philly/NY's media people pushed

cnuball21

Reaction score
Shaquil Barrett and Trey Hendrickson

2 of the best pass rushers based on what?

Those dudes are middle of the pack DEs and he was bad first game and mediocre second game.

I like the kid but he’s got a long way to go technique wise if he wants to hang with top tier rushers.

Jenky

Reaction score

Those dudes are middle of the pack DEs and he was bad first game and mediocre second game.

I like the kid but he’s got a long way to go technique wise if he wants to hang with top tier rushers.

You have to admit though. He’s doing pretty well for a rookie who was considered raw and had no experience at LT during training camp.

Ken

Reaction score

Shaq Barrett led the league in sacks a few years ago with 19.5!

Has had multiple 10+ sack seasons.

Hendrickson had 13.5 and 14 sacks the last two season.

Come on Bro....

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Are you seriously saying a guy 28 sacks in the last two years, and a guy with 38 sacks the last 3 years are "middle of the pack DE's"

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score

How about acknowledge we even drafted a guy in the first round that can play LT to replace Tyron.

Wanna know why they don't? Because they were all waiting for him to bust so they can say we reached cuz that's what Philly/NY's media people pushed
He looks really good and will only get better. I love the guys who come in with strength, a good core and aren't goofy. Those guys can learn technique easier because their strength allows them time to get away with some mistakes. Love the pick

Havic

Reaction score
Tyler is playing better than I thought, but should he continue to work on his craft, he will be a nice player for us.

Big D

Reaction score

I'd rather they not. We get enough cheese as it is. Just let him cook, quietly.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Are you seriously saying a guy 28 sacks in the last two years, and a guy with 38 sacks the last 3 years are "middle of the pack DE's"

They aren’t top tier. Here’s his week 1 line:

“allowed a sack, two quarterback hits and a hurry”

The dudes from the first 2 weeks don’t crack the top 10. I love Smith but he’s a mauler best suited for G with his current skill set. Hope he proves me wrong long term.

Cebrin

Reaction score
Shaq Barrett led the league in sacks a few years ago with 19.5!

Has had multiple 10+ sack seasons.

Hendrickson had 13.5 and 14 sacks the last two season.

Come on Bro....
Must not be in Texas, because he's clearly smoking some home grown kush.

RS12

Reaction score
Tyler has been handling what ever has been literally thrown at him just fine. Yeah he played LT at Tulsa but from OTAs through most pre season they had him inside. I sincerely doubt he played anybody of Barrett or Hendrickson quality at Tulsa. Honestly I thought one of his best moments today was sealing off and getting movement on that load Reader.

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Both were top 15 coming into the season little early to throw them in the middle of the pack, assuming we are saying middle is 30 ish, and who was talking about rushers? I thought the thread was about Tyler Smith or are you talking about one of the two mid packers as you call them, if so which one?