Big_D

Reaction score

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Big_D

Reaction score
I dont think lions were around back then prolly just a generalization on the amount of meat they needed as a MDR But in general if it could not eat them they ate it

I might have read that wrong. Maybe they're just comparing the size of the animal. That was it's food source at the time. Lions may have been around at the tail end of their existence? Or some form of cave lion?

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
I might have read that wrong. Maybe they're just comparing the size of the animal. That was it's food source at the time. Lions may have been around at the tail end of their existence? Or some form of cave lion?
I always thought the Sabretooth was the last of the prehistoric cats does not mean I'm right Am going to have to do some research now to see if there were big cats back then

Big_D

Reaction score
I always thought the Sabretooth was the last of the prehistoric cats does not mean I'm right Am going to have to do some research now to see if there were big cats back then

We need some of our resident paleontologists to chime in on this.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
I found this the other day it sounds crazy Rex Linked to Chickens, Ostriches. The closest living relatives of Tyrannosaurus rex are birds such as chickens and ostriches,

Big_D

Reaction score
I found this the other day it sounds crazy Rex Linked to Chickens, Ostriches. The closest living relatives of Tyrannosaurus rex are birds such as chickens and ostriches,

That definitely sounds crazy. I don't think the TRex would be happy with this news.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
I was good at Biology and thought about going to College to study Paleontology/Biology way back when I was a young one Did not have the funds to do it so I went to work

Big_D

Reaction score
I was good at Biology and thought about going to College to study Paleontology/Biology way back when I was a young one Did not have the funds to do it so I went to work

Happens to a lot of people. Same here. College wasn't in the cards.. had to go to work. Although, I wasn't driven enough anyway. It definitely sucks when you could've been good at it. Life throws you curve balls.

jsb357

Reaction score
Estimated to be 2.5 billion over the course of a couple million years roaming the Western part of North America. Just found that interesting. It feels like those few million years just flew by! :D

They lived on average 28 years. Ate large lizards and Lions who I'm assuming were not kings at the time?

https://learningenglish.voanews.com...-rex-population-was-2-5-billion-/5856018.html

2.5 billion divided by 2.4 million is 1041 per year but with a 28 year life span can someone calculate for me
the average number alive at any one time? The area with the most population density would be helpful as well.

Since they only found about 100 skeletons If could travel back and harvest say 1 or 2 and they would not be missed.

Correct?

The scientists considered that a T. rex lived about 28 years and that it had food needs
somewhere between a large lizard and a lion.

Since all the numbers are just estimates, the scientists say the results are not perfect. o_O
They think it is possible the actual number of T. rex was somewhere between 140 million and 42 billion.
The middle number is about 2.4 billion.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Estimated to be 2.5 billion over the course of a couple million years roaming the Western part of North America. Just found that interesting. It feels like those few million years just flew by! :D

They lived on average 28 years. Ate large lizards and Lions who I'm assuming were not kings at the time?

https://learningenglish.voanews.com...-rex-population-was-2-5-billion-/5856018.html

The scientists considered that a T. rex lived about 28 years and that it had food needs somewhere between a large lizard and a lion.

https://kdvr.com/news/local/t-rex-may-have-hunted-in-packs-like-wolves-new-research-shows/

T-rex may have hunted in packs like wolves, new research shows

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score

It says their daily food requirement was the equivalent of one large lizard to one lion. They didn't eat lions; there were no lions then. Lions are less than 5 million years old.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It says their daily food requirement was the equivalent of one large lizard to one lion. They didn't eat lions; there were no lions then. Lions are less than 5 million years old.
Nonsense, haven't you ever seen The Flintstones?? Okay, they had a sabretooth tiger, but close enough!
:laugh:

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Book of Enoch

And it came to pass when the children of men had multiplied that in those days were born unto them beautiful and comely daughters. And the angels, the children of the heaven, saw and lusted after them, and said to one another: 'Come, let us choose us wives from among the children of men and beget us children

And they 3became pregnant, and they bare great giants, whose height was three thousand ells

(They created giants and mighty men, which are your titans and Gods in greek mythology, and Goliath, Amorites, Caananites, Lion men of Moab in the Bible post flood, and the Giants preflood)

And they began to sin against birds, and beasts, and reptiles, and fish, and to devour one another's flesh, and drink the blood.

Mingled their seed with beasts ( where dinasaurs come from?)

And a flood was sent to wipe them out. The weight of water in a great flood would create fossils in a small amount of time. Historys all over the world have records of giants, hybrid beasts, a flood. Ocean fossils have been found at the top of mountains.

csirl

Reaction score

Back then, mammals were only emerging and were small - like rats. Nothing as big as a lion.