1. Read the latest Dallas Cowboys news ..

Tyreek Hill > CD Lamb speed kills

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Dak_Attack_09, Jul 7, 2020.

1. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

51,670 Messages
    49,094 Likes Received

Lamb better be better than Cobb ever thought about being to validate a 1st rounder.

2. Johnny23

Johnny23 Well-Known Member

2,094 Messages
    1,559 Likes Received
    I think he's trying to pull the age old Jerry Rice and Steve Largent card Willie.

WillieBeamen likes this.
  3. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

26,627 Messages
    5,507 Likes Received
    No, he doesn't. Even if Lamb is slightly less productive than Cobb, Dallas is getting better value for their dollars. Lamb validating the 1st round pick really has nothing to do with Cobb. Dallas wasn't going to keep Cobb at that price.

4. TexasHillbilly

TexasHillbilly Well-Known Member

1,978 Messages
    1,668 Likes Received
    Dear goodness. Let the man get on the field first. He hasn't even caught a pass yet. Let him get a couple of seasons under his belt, then the forum can compare him to others. Let's grow up people.

By the way.....OP is a goober, OP is a goober. :)

5. DeaconMoss

DeaconMoss Well-Known Member

3,957 Messages
    3,107 Likes Received
    Imagine how far behind Dak would throw to Hill. If he is throwing 2 steps behind Cobb, good Lord he would throw it like 7 steps behind Hill.

6. OmerV

OmerV Well-Known Member

20,216 Messages
    16,810 Likes Received
    On those individual throws where he threw behind (not 7 steps), which granted were a little too often, but let's not act as if it is an every throw thing.

Runwildboys likes this.
  7. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

97,368 Messages
    23,955 Likes Received
    If Lamb produces to help this team to a championship that is all I care about. Individual stats at this stage mean nothing to me. Key for me is guys coming up big in big moments to win games. I will gladly take championships over anything else.

Runwildboys likes this.
  8. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Regular Joe....

54,863 Messages
    22,889 Likes Received
    Randy Moss is not among the two. Rice and Hudson.

9. black label

black label Well-Known Member

3,885 Messages
    6,453 Likes Received
  10. DeaconMoss

DeaconMoss Well-Known Member

3,957 Messages
    3,107 Likes Received
    Its enough of a thing, where its a legit "thing."

Dak struggles hitting WRs in stride. If he was throwing to the Cheetah, Dak would have to play the game on Saturday to get the ball to him on Sunday.

Runwildboys likes this.
  11. OmerV

OmerV Well-Known Member

20,216 Messages
    16,810 Likes Received
    I don't know how you define "legit thing", but I did say it happens a little too often.

Runwildboys likes this.
  12. ABQCOWBOY

54,863 Messages
    22,889 Likes Received
    This post makes no sense but whatever.

OmerV likes this.
  13. JoeKing

JoeKing Diehard Zone Supporter

21,747 Messages
    18,421 Likes Received
    Hill > Lamb at what? Domestic Violence? No doubt.

14. ABQCOWBOY

54,863 Messages
    22,889 Likes Received
    I think that they were fast enough, because of other things they brought to the table.

15. ABQCOWBOY

54,863 Messages
    22,889 Likes Received
    Yes, he was but he is not one of the two I am referring to.

16. quickccc

quickccc Well-Known Member

4,571 Messages
    3,746 Likes Received
    yes agree. it really is because improvising and making plays on the move is not a plan ..it's a natural developing reaction, ..that's brett favre .. that's a tony romo,... that's steve young ...thats' russell wilson ....

i always remember what John Madden often said; it's two things Defenses fear the most:
    Speed and a Running QB.

Like Dak, Mahommes uses his mobility and run skills to get away from rush, and scrambling to buy more time to pass downfield, ..or rumble it up field for plus yards- first down and run out bounds or slide to better preserve his body from unnecessary punishment.

when it is rare that Mahommes has off games is it when they can try disrupt his pocket passing and force him into mistakes ...early.
    And what made it tougher for him to climb back into games was his defensive unit having their struggles to stop scores, make stops and get Mahommes more touches ... until this season - and it changed when the Chiefs hired new DC Steve Spagnuolo and they revamp their personnel to be a more competitive defense.

Runwildboys likes this.
  17. Runwildboys

Runwildboys Well-Known Member

26,904 Messages
    51,069 Likes Received
    That's funny right there, I don't care who ya are!

18. OmerV

OmerV Well-Known Member

20,216 Messages
    16,810 Likes Received
    I would be thrilled if he's as good as 2014 Cobb.

Runwildboys likes this.
  19. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

97,368 Messages
    23,955 Likes Received
    Speed is an asset no doubt, but it is only one asset. Other WR who do not run 4.2 have managed to be the all time greats to play this game. Their ability to run routs, great body control to adjust to the ball, to go up and out leap defender for the ball. I have nothing negative to say about Hill, the guy is a very good WR but I have watched some of the greatest to play this game who did not bring that speed

Runwildboys likes this.
  20. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

8,313 Messages
    1,485 Likes Received
    Zero problems as a pro.