Video: Tyron is looking pretty good

Tussinman

Reaction score
Tyron has avoided surgery for years to be team friendly and play ready.
Man finally gets some work done after being a true gladiator for years and he gets disrespected is pathetic.
A truly healthy Tyron Smith can be a top 3 tackle in this league still.
Dont be so quick to dismiss a real Cowboy.
yeah this fan base can be a joke sometimes

If Tyron had surgery in 17-19 the fan base would of cried "why is he getting an optional surgery during our window to win" or "back in my day players would of toughed it out, this generation is soft"

Tyron gets the surgery during literally the perfect opportunity (a wash season) and half our fan base is still complaining about it........

Turk

Reaction score
It is considered common sense to avoid surgery unless there truly is no choice. No better alternative; or even one equal.

Maybe Tyron should have gotten this surgery some time ago. Maybe not.

But to call him a liar as most of the posters on this thread have is sickening.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
yeah this fan base can be a joke sometimes

If Tyron had surgery in 17-19 the fan base would of cried "why is he getting an optional surgery during our window to win" or "back in my day players would of toughed it out, this generation is soft"

Tyron gets the surgery during literally the perfect opportunity (a wash season) and half our fan base is still complaining about it........
Never have heard even a whisper of complaint from this future Ring Of Honor member, on anything, ever.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Tyron and L’ael returning to form are nearly as important to the offense as Dak returning.

Our defense is as such, that maintaining possession with a strong running game is vital. Even though the offense is capable of slinging it around and scoring quickly, that strategy puts our defense on the field too much.
If Tyron and Collins were healthy. Dandy Andy would have won the NFC East.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
It is considered common sense to avoid surgery unless there truly is no choice. No better alternative; or even one equal.

Maybe Tyron should have gotten this surgery some time ago. Maybe not.

But to call him a liar as most of the posters on this thread have is sickening.
He has played hurt more than he has missed time, I can guarantee you that

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
This guy signed a team friendly, decade long contract when he was still very young ....... And there is still a portion of this fan base that mocks and badmouths him.

And that's why these players should not give one poop what fans think.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
@Mr Cowboy Admittedly, I just skipped through the video a little. Was there any footage of him actually working out recently, not stuff like sitting on a sofa and playing pool?

fivetwos

Reaction score
As long as he WANTS to come back, he will be fine.

I don't see it as unreasonable to count on him to play 2-3 more seasons at an above average level.

I also don't see it as unreasonable to grab an OT in the 3rd round of this deep class who can play swing for now and eventually take over at LT, especially considering Collins is a question mark as well.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
As long as he WANTS to come back, he will be fine.

I don't see it as unreasonable to count on him to play 2-3 more seasons at an above average level.

I also don't see it as unreasonable to grab an OT in the 3rd round of this deep class who can play swing for now and eventually take over at LT, especially considering Collins is a question mark as well.
Probably one of the best contracts ever agreed upon that benefited both sides of the deal.

wecasa

Reaction score
It's all fun and games till you get hit in the face by a 265 lb de. Let's see him do that and survive. Then I'll be convinced.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Tyron has avoided surgery for years to be team friendly and play ready.
Man finally gets some work done after being a true gladiator for years and he gets disrespected is pathetic.
A truly healthy Tyron Smith can be a top 3 tackle in this league still.
Dont be so quick to dismiss a real Cowboy.
:laugh::hammer:

pitt33

Reaction score
That's the problem with Smitty. When he's healthy, he's as good as there is out there. The problem is that he can't recover the way he used to and that's just science. He's got a lot of games played. Great player but you can't count on him being there for an entire season.

JMO
yes. he's getting to be like Jason Peters in that regard.