Twitter: Tyron Smith and Zach Martin named to Pro football HOF 2010s All-Decade Team

Tussinman

Reaction score
lol - that I said Pouncey was the best choice. That I dismissed your choices as less than Pouncey. That I like Pouncey better than others, including Frederick. Sound familiar, or do you still not recall me telling you all this? Several times.

And at the same time you have repeatedly responded as if you somehow missed what I actually wrote, and instead chose to interpret as you want to believe. I've explained, and clarified, and explained some more, telling you what my point was, and that you are suggesting something different than my point, and you still keep coming back suggesting I've said something I did not. It's tiresome, and I feel ridiculous for having explained yet again. It's not hard to grasp, but if you can't that's your fault.
" accolades he received are more than enough merit to make the all-decade team and that to think him playing for the Steelers granted him his praise/success then that would be a borderline conspiracy"

The point you made is literally not complicated at all and is 100% rational. There's really nothing else to discuss

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
lol - that I said Pouncey was the best choice. That I dismissed your choices as less than Pouncey. That I like Pouncey better than others, including Frederick. Sound familiar, or do you still not recall me telling you all this? Several times.

And at the same time you have repeatedly responded as if you somehow missed what I actually wrote, and instead chose to interpret as you want to believe. I've explained, and clarified, and explained some more, telling you what my point was, and that you are suggesting something different than my point, and you still keep coming back suggesting I've said something I did not. It's tiresome, and I feel ridiculous for having explained yet again. It's not hard to grasp, but if you can't that's your fault.

I recall you saying all of this. I just don't see where it addresses the question that I asked. I haven't missed you saying this same thing multiple times, I just don't see how it answers the question.

You see, the question is not a matter of grasp. It's a matter of actually addressing the what was asked. You are using this point to create an agenda but I will not honor that because I never asked. I mean, why would I? I have an opinion on this player. You have yours. Remember, you initiated this conversation. I didn't go to you and ask you to prove that Pouncey was qualified. That's a narrative you are trying to create.

Here is what I asked you about, again.........

Why am I reading anything into your statement?

I've reasked you the question and you don't address it. Keep in mind, I didn't ask you questions as to why Pouncey should be the guy. I just said I don't believe he was the best or should have been. So you going on and on about this particular point is irrelevant. I never asked. You can continue to say this, over and over but don't expect me to answer because I never asked you about it.

Here is the post you refer to, if I am not mistaken.

So what. Who cares? This is your opinion, and I responded to you over this. I said that based on what I've seen, he is not the best of the Decade and he isn't. There have been other Centers who have been better IMO. The Fredbeard thing, that's completely off the map. I never even mentioned Fredbeard as the Center of the Decade. I specifically said that he would not be my choice in any case so that has nothing to do with anything.

What am I reading into things? The Fredbeard thing was never my opinion so that's not it. The idea that Pouncey was the best, I addressed and have addressed throughout this thread. If that is your opinion, that's fine, it's not mine. I don't base my opinion on his resume, I base it on what I've seen from players. So again, I've addressed that clearly. So what is it that you feel I continue to fail to grasp or just plain miss?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I recall you saying all of this. I just don't see where it addresses the question that I asked. I haven't missed you saying this same thing multiple times, I just don't see how it answers the question.

You see, the question is not a matter of grasp. It's a matter of actually addressing the what was asked. You are using this point to create an agenda but I will not honor that because I never asked. I mean, why would I? I have an opinion on this player. You have yours. Remember, you initiated this conversation. I didn't go to you and ask you to prove that Pouncey was qualified. That's a narrative you are trying to create.

Here is what I asked you about, again.........

Why am I reading anything into your statement?

I've reasked you the question and you don't address it. Keep in mind, I didn't ask you questions as to why Pouncey should be the guy. I just said I don't believe he was the best or should have been. So you going on and on about this particular point is irrelevant. I never asked. You can continue to say this, over and over but don't expect me to answer because I never asked you about it.

Here is the post you refer to, if I am not mistaken.

So what. Who cares? This is your opinion, and I responded to you over this. I said that based on what I've seen, he is not the best of the Decade and he isn't. There have been other Centers who have been better IMO. The Fredbeard thing, that's completely off the map. I never even mentioned Fredbeard as the Center of the Decade. I specifically said that he would not be my choice in any case so that has nothing to do with anything.

What am I reading into things? The Fredbeard thing was never my opinion so that's not it. The idea that Pouncey was the best, I addressed and have addressed throughout this thread. If that is your opinion, that's fine, it's not mine. I don't base my opinion on his resume, I base it on what I've seen from players. So again, I've addressed that clearly. So what is it that you feel I continue to fail to grasp or just plain miss?

So, you repeatedly claiming I said things I did not doesn't qualify as reading things into my comments that aren't there? lol - that's pretty much the definition of reading things into comments that aren't there. That is, unless you are intentionally claiming I said things knowing full well that I didn't.

As for the why, I think you are trying to put a slant on the discussion rather than accept what I said for what it is. I have no idea why you would think that was important, because I wasn't hostile when we started this exchange, and just gave my thoughts without sarcasm or belittling your thoughts. But after you repeatedly claim I say things that I have not, even after explaining and re-explaining and clarifying, and re-clarifying, it has become nonsensical.

I can only assume at this point you are going to see what you want without regard for what I actually write, which cannot be productive. I fully understand you will again say I haven't answered the question, but feel free. You're on your own.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
So, you repeatedly claiming I said things I did not doesn't qualify as reading things into my comments that aren't there? lol - that's pretty much the definition of reading things into comments that aren't there. That is, unless you are intentionally claiming I said things knowing full well that I didn't.

As for the why, I think you are trying to put a slant on the discussion rather than accept what I said for what it is. I have no idea why you would think that was important, because I wasn't hostile when we started this exchange, and just gave my thoughts without sarcasm or belittling your thoughts. But after you repeatedly claim I say things that I have not, even after explaining and re-explaining and clarifying, and re-clarifying, it has become nonsensical.

I can only assume at this point you are going to see what you want without regard for what I actually write, which cannot be productive. I fully understand you will again say I haven't answered the question, but feel free. You're on your own.

What is it that you believe I've claimed repeatedly?

For the record, I'm not being hostile to you know. I haven't called you idiot, although you can't say the same. I haven't really done anything to you other then make you pin down what it is you are claiming. So pin it down. What do you claim I've repeatedly accused you of?